FC3 Bug thread

Not going to happen.

The list comprises ALL the bugs currently reported and, as circumstances dictate, dealt with. As new bugs are found they are added. As the list is a complete record from release of FC3 beta, why would I want to start another one?

From the reading since the release of 1.2.3. there still seems to be some fixes missing that were mentioned on the 'Resolved' list, unless I misread some of the posts. Is the list still accurate in your opinion?

Is the list still accurate in your opinion?

Yes it is, but I do err, so if you are aware of any issue that exists please let me know so I can get it sorted.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Eh Viper, number 18 On the resolved list is "EOS scanning not functional in elevation"

And number 97 on the unresolved list is "SU27/SU33 EOS not slewable in Elevation"

Isn't that different wording for the same problem? Which is not fixed atm?

Also, bug numbers 31 and 32 are still there (hud graphical glitch), just not green anymore but transparent/white ish.

Number 60 is still no good (RU multiplayer datalink), the basics are working but its no where near accurate.

Often sends you out chasing planes that are not there, mixes up friend or foe or it does not show planes that are there.

Number 86 (RU missile range compuation) is also still bugged.

My NEZ range increases when turning away from the target and Decreases when turning towards an head-on course.

Should be the other way round. (basically same as bug number 142 which is also on the resolved list while its not.)

All the above was observed during MP flights and hence no usable tracks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

I´m talking about this

"24 - HUD contacts in front appears also in Rear Aspect Mode

25 - Frontal aspect HUD contacts appears in Rear radar mode and can be locked"

In the list they are noted as resolved.

In 1.2.3. they are not resolved at all, same issue present. I´m asking if this bug resolved list is for 1.2.3 or it´s a mix of 1.2.3 and beta built current unavailable.

Now in 1.2.3 , Frontal aspect radar mode selected, HUD shows both Front and rear targets, both can be locked. In the same way, Rear aspect radar mode selected, HUD shows both front and rear targets, both can be locked.

Sorry for my poor english.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

HMS aiming ring shouldn't disappear when HUD is damaged

When the aircraft is damaged and the HUD is not working anymore the HMD mode (5) doesn't work either. For the HUD it would be correct but the HMS aiming ring shouldn't disappear because it's just a little (metal?) ring which the pilot moves down from his helmet in front of his eye.

@Fitness88: the inflight airport listing is sorted starting by the closest to the farthest. It seems to be good sense to me, in particular when in short fuel RTB. But indeed, a good thing would be to have a backup inside the aircraft in order to be able to clearly identify the one you select on the navigation system (such as for the SU-25)

Concerning the NAV-RTB-LDG-NIL cyle, you can just go back from LDG to RTB by pressing again 3 times the key "1" that will cycle through the modes without changing the previously selected airfield.

Thank you for your response:

First item: I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. Each airport that moves up the list as it gets closer in range makes good sense, but if there are a few airports very close together it's difficult knowing which is which even when calling into ATC, 'inbound'. Shouldn't there be a number indicated on the HUD or HDD to match a permanent number next to the airport name in the screen menu airport list, or is this modeled properly?

Please re-read my post.

Second item: I wrote "cycle back between 'landing' to 'return" not 'landing' to 'RTB'.

The HUD and the helmet mounted system belongs both to the same sighting device and it´s possible that a damage to this sighting system could make both fail.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Eh Viper, number 18 On the resolved list is "EOS scanning not functional in elevation"

And number 97 on the unresolved list is "SU27/SU33 EOS not slewable in Elevation"

Isn't that different wording for the same problem? Which is not fixed atm?

Incorrect wording - should read:

EOS do not scan the whole FOV, when in BVR mode

Corrected now.

Also, bug numbers 31 and 32 are still there (hud graphical glitch), just not green anymore but transparent/white ish.

Need a screenshot.

Number 60 is still no good (RU multiplayer datalink), the basics are working but its no where near accurate.

Often sends you out chasing planes that are not there, mixes up friend or foe or it does not show planes that are there.

Number 86 (RU missile range compuation) is also still bugged.

My NEZ range increases when turning away from the target and Decreases when turning towards an head-on course.

Should be the other way round. (basically same as bug number 142 which is also on the resolved list while its not.)

Will mention it again and look into it, but ideally need tracks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I´m talking about this

"24 - HUD contacts in front appears also in Rear Aspect Mode

25 - Frontal aspect HUD contacts appears in Rear radar mode and can be locked"

In the list they are noted as resolved.

In 1.2.3. they are not resolved at all, same issue present. I´m asking if this bug resolved list is for 1.2.3 or it´s a mix of 1.2.3 and beta built current unavailable.

Now in 1.2.3 , Frontal aspect radar mode selected, HUD shows both Front and rear targets, both can be locked. In the same way, Rear aspect radar mode selected, HUD shows both front and rear targets, both can be locked.

I still do not understand where the problem lies. I mean, the target is ALWAYS going to be in front of you and hence capable of being locked, irrespective of whether you have Frontal or Rear Radar mode selected.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will try to do it better.

It´s supossed that the radar aspect mode must be set in relation with the target´s aspect. If you are Head On with a target, both head to head, the correct setting for the radar must be Front Aspect or ППС. So, if you are head on with the target and the selected radar mode is Rear aspect or ЗПС, NO CONTACTS must be showed in the HUD, neither can lock anything

In the opposite situation, a target running out of you, the radar could only lock on the enemy if the Radar aspect mode is in Rear mode, if the Frontal aspect mode is selected when you are running behind a target, NO CONTACTS must be showed in the HUD, neither lock him.

Now in 1.2.3, no matter the aspect of the target, and the radar mode selected, the contacts ALWAYS are showed in the HUD and can be locked no matter radar mode selected or aspect of the target. In ППС both frontal and rear targets are showed an locked, and the same for ЗПС.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

From the FC3 manual:

"The expected target aspect hemisphere is controlled with the [RShift-I] key. АВТ (ILV) mode can be used if the target aspect is unknown. The expected target aspect determines the pulse repetition frequency (PRF) to be used by the fighter radar in search mode. High PRF (HPRF), which provides the longest detection range against approaching forward-hemisphere targets, is indicated by ППС (HI), whereas medium PRF (MPRF) for receding rear-hemisphere targets is indicated by ЗПС (MED). In АВТ (ILV) mode, high and medium PRFs are interleaved on alternate bars of the radar scan pattern. This provides all-aspect target detection at the expense of a 25% reduction in maximum range."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Exactly, it does not say you should not be able to lock if wrong mode is selected.

All it says that if a target is coming towards you, and you select HI PRF you will be able to detect the target at a greater range then when using interleaved or MED PRF.

Subsequently if a target is heading away from you, and you select MED PRF you will be able to detect the target at a greater range then when using interleaved or HI PRF

This does not mean though that you can't detect targets coming at you whit MED PRF, only that it won't work as good as HI PRF.

Interleaved uses HI and MED PRF at the same time so its not so sensitive to target aspect, this comes whit a 25% reduction in max detection range though.

As well, TWS mode is only availeble in HI and MED PRF and not in ILV

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

See attachment

Includes track of NEZ range calculation being reversed.

And a screenshot of the HUD graphical glitch.

This is now only apparent if you zoom out though.

Making a track of the datalink issues could become problematic cause it could be multiplayer dependent.

1.2.3 NEZ range su33.rar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I will try to do it better.

It´s supossed that the radar aspect mode must be set in relation with the target´s aspect. If you are Head On with a target, both head to head, the correct setting for the radar must be Front Aspect or ППС. So, if you are head on with the target and the selected radar mode is Rear aspect or ЗПС, NO CONTACTS must be showed in the HUD, neither can lock anything

In the opposite situation, a target running out of you, the radar could only lock on the enemy if the Radar aspect mode is in Rear mode, if the Frontal aspect mode is selected when you are running behind a target, NO CONTACTS must be showed in the HUD, neither lock him.

Now in 1.2.3, no matter the aspect of the target, and the radar mode selected, the contacts ALWAYS are showed in the HUD and can be locked no matter radar mode selected or aspect of the target. In ППС both frontal and rear targets are showed an locked, and the same for ЗПС.

No,as I understand it choosing a wrong mode has an effect in a reduction of the detection range,but in any case you'll be able to lock the target,just not at the best posible range.

Thanks for both replies.

I have been thinking all the time that it was imperative to select the right Radar Aspect Mode to be able to pick contacts in realation with they aspect.

If the only problem is less detection range caused by wrong radar mode selection it´s something with i could live.

Now i´m going to test how much detection range reduction could be produced with wrong radar aspect mode.

Another thing. So, can anybody describes the # 24 and # 25 bug? What it´s that bug talking about?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Another thing. So, can anybody describes the # 24 and # 25 bug? What it´s that bug talking about?

It's on the resolved list so not a bug. All relevant issues reported by forum members are listed for the sake of completeness, whether they are bugs or not. They are then investigated and dealt with accordingly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Viper but i´m not asking if they are resolved, i´m asking what was wrong with this bug, a description of the issue to be able to tell the difference with my previous posts.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No difference.

IIRC I noted the two items the first time you mentioned them. They were then investigated and found to be working as intended.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks again, now all is cristal clear. XD ¡¡

Your fast replies are very welcomed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No Bother :)

It it I that stands to thank you all for all the reports - keep them coming and they will be sorted.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The HUD and the helmet mounted system belongs both to the same sighting device and it´s possible that a damage to this sighting system could make both fail.

Not exactly, HMS is little circle with glass in it and he use seekers of missiles (R-73) to lock the target. In that glass, you will get other symbols and that symbols are showing if the target are locked, permission to fire etc. So circle should stay but maybe symbols (who are not modeled in LOMAC FC) will not work after HUD get damage.

Rocket brigade who retired F-117

Hi to everybody,

This is my problem since now with version 1.2.3: flying the Air refueling training mission with Su-33 the game crash to desktop everytime.

I start the mission and i’m able to refuel in air correclty (previous bug during air refuel with Su-33 seem to be corrected now).

I fly to waypoint 2 and i destroy two naval target.

I turn to following waypoint in order to search two air to air target.

I see the air to air target and i lock the first of them in my radar.

Approx 2 minutes after i locked the first air to air target (while i’m waiting i twill be inside the range of the A2A missile) the game crash to desktop.

I tried 3 times thi mission and always happens the same thing.

My operative system is Windows 7 Home Premium x64. My system specification are better than the recommended system requirements indicated in the download section.

Some suggestion ?

Thanks in advice

CesterM

I thought the elevation was fixed...

It has been, ie it has been removed to accord with RL behaviour. In other words, EOS is not capable of being slewed in elevation in the Mig.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]