Converted russian missiles for DCS World

I tried them out and I have to say I don't like the textures with writing on another layer, up close everything looks nice and great but little further out or at an angle and all font and lines star flickering as it needs to be AA a lot... so I changed the textures to have no alpha layer and it's all good for me now

No longer active in DCS...

I tried them out and I have to say I don't like the textures with writing on another layer, up close everything looks nice and great but little further out or at an angle and all font and lines star flickering as it needs to be AA a lot... so I changed the textures to have no alpha layer and it's all good for me now

Ah ok i never realised there was a problem with the textures, i'll investigate this on my end today thanks!

edit: .dds textures were missing mipmaps i believe this was the main root of the problem, see screenshot below it kinda shows how the textures look now (new upload is up and pending approval)

Edited by Mustang

Thx alot!

Mustang, from all your mods you uploaded on DCS's user files, wich one can we still download for 1.2.2?

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

mustang i think theres a mod for the su33 27 ecm pod, the default ones are terrible looking now, would be a nice addition to adding these into FC3 too.

http://www.lockonfiles.com/index.php/files/file/637-sorbtsiya-ecm-pod-model/

this model is a lot better than the default , maybe do a new texture for it..

ref below

http://www.flankers-site.co.uk/su-33walkround/sorbtsya_02.jpg

Edited by diveplane

Hey Mustang, Did you convert the glass material too because for me, the nose of R-27T/ET and R-73 doesn't seem to be transparent or glossy.

Would you mind showing us an image ?

I think i will able to fix this problem quickly tommorow...but now i must to hit the bed :yawn:

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Ah ok i never realised there was a problem with the textures, i'll investigate this on my end today thanks!

edit: .dds textures were missing mipmaps i believe this was the main root of the problem, see screenshot below it kinda shows how the textures look now (new upload is up and pending approval)

the blue rocket plume has to go..in missiles :>(