Another noobie with another stupid question

Mac10

First off gotta say what a sim.... Its great, and hooked up with Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Track ir 5 its the dogs doo dahh's

First Flight sim I got in to was back in the bad ole days of DOS

Digital Integration's Tornado

Tornado_Coverart.png

Oh the joy of spending hours and hours just to get the PC to boot in the right config so I could do a spot of run way denial

Anyway on with the question ...... which buttons remove the MFCD's displayed when in external cam veiw, I just can't find em

F2-F4 are your view keys. F1 is interior view or cockpit view and F2 (you may need to cycle F2 until you return to your jet) is external without the MFCD displayed.

If I am following you correctly, if not what view are you using initialy.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I want to get rid of the MFCD's from my external veiws (they appear in every external cam view)

They were not there in the stand alone steam version, when i switched to DCS they appeared and can't find keys to remove them

dcs2012-11-2418-41-45-45.jpg

Edited by Mac10

I want to get rid of the MFCD's from my external veiws (they appear in every external cam view)

They were not there in the stand alone steam version, when i switched to DCS they appeared and can't find keys to remove them

I think the MFCDs in external views come with Game Avionics Mode set to "On".

Ok I understand. Although I can't imaging going into battle and removing the MFCDs as that eliminates a level of SA. (Situational Awarness) I wouldn't want removed.

Take a look at this thread they talke about editing the .lau files that you will need to use to remove the MFCDs. It is quite complicated unless you have the code.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=70716&highlight=Removing+MFCD

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

First off gotta say what a sim.... Its great, and hooked up with Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Track ir 5 its the dogs doo dahh's

First Flight sim I got in to was back in the bad ole days of DOS

Digital Integration's Tornado

Tornado_Coverart.png

Oh the joy of spending hours and hours just to get the PC to boot in the right config so I could do a spot of run way denial

Anyway on with the question ...... which buttons remove the MFCD's displayed when in external cam veiw, I just can't find em

Mac one quick question.

I want to buy the Hotas Warthog.

How long you have them?

Where you buy them?

What kind of place you put them to use them " this one is important cause I dont have to mush space right now?

Have you try them in black shark if shes are they easy to configure?

Srry for to many question :)

Let me know cause I'm thinking to get them on this christmas.

If anyone else whant to reply go agead.

Tks in advance. <S>

Crazyowl I bought mine from Amason saved a few quid getting it from there

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-Hotas-Warthog-Joystick-Throttle/dp/B00371R8P4

been using it for a couple of months now and really makes a big difference a really good bit of kit

It configures its self when used with A10c you don't have to do anything unless you want change things.

I would think you will have to map the buttons for use with Black shark

I fly with the joy stick between my legs lol (not as uncomfortable as it sounds) and the throttle on the desk

If you are short of desk space you could try these http://www.joyloc.com/joystick_clamp_bracket.htm

I would recommend getting one not cheap but hey .... you get what you pay for.

Another Tornado fan. YES!

Great sim. Those runway denial missions were awesome. I remember even being impressed by the looks of the menu, it sure was HD for the time. ;) Spent many fun hours with that sim, wish there was a remake. Truely unique aircraft.

- Two miles of road lead nowhere, two miles of runway lead everywhere -

Click here for system specs

Great sim. Those runway denial missions were awesome. I remember even being impressed by the looks of the menu, it sure was HD for the time. ;) Spent many fun hours with that sim, wish there was a remake. Truely unique aircraft.

I thought the graphics on Tornado were absolutely stunning back then

it would great to see a remake be kool to be able to fly multiplayer with a two man crew

Crazyowl I bought mine from Amason saved a few quid getting it from there

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-Hotas-Warthog-Joystick-Throttle/dp/B00371R8P4

been using it for a couple of months now and really makes a big difference a really good bit of kit

It configures its self when used with A10c you don't have to do anything unless you want change things.

I would think you will have to map the buttons for use with Black shark

I fly with the joy stick between my legs lol (not as uncomfortable as it sounds) and the throttle on the desk

If you are short of desk space you could try these http://www.joyloc.com/joystick_clamp_bracket.htm

I would recommend getting one not cheap but hey .... you get what you pay for.

Thanks man, will have a look at it.

How much for a hotas warthog??? I've just fitted myself out with a complete new system so spent a fair bit of time looking around websites for good deals and I know a website that will shave £70 off of that price, message me for further details.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tornado, eh? Still have it on the shelf and like to <bizzare mode on> smell the manual from time to time <bizarre mode off>. Manuals these days have had this specific scent, promising tons of hours of good spent time. Especially the fat ones like for Tornado or Chuck Yeager Air Combat (my first original game on PC).

These synchronised with precision to the second, runway bombing, toss bombing accurate to the meters, and LGB bombing from high level, when it would be possible to release multiple bombs in one pass and all of them was able to hit separate target, while using alarms to prepare passage between SAMs. And all that done without touching the joystick, which was usefull only in take-off, final stage of landing, and sometimes, when unfortunatelly i was involved into dogfight.

Memories...

Good to see, I am here not the only who have experienced this great simulator.

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

WOW! i had tornado on my Amiga!! was awesome, one of my favorite missions was bombing a power station with retarded bombs, screaming across the landscape at 500 miles an hour with burners lit, tfr on and wings fully swept back at 150 feet awesome!!

RE HOTAS Warthog

Thanks man, will have a look at it.

How much for a hotas warthog??? I've just fitted myself out with a complete new system so spent a fair bit of time looking around websites for good deals and I know a website that will shave £70 off of that price, message me for further details.

Maplins are doing them for £279.99 with free delivery, back in stock too...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/hotas-warthog-flight-system-for-pc-677642

Edited by Rubberduck

Best Regards

Nigel

AKA Rubberduck

My Dad- Always check for paper before sitting down....:music_whistling:

Win7 64bBit,Intel® Core i7x4-3820 (3.6GHz), ASUS® SABERTOOTH X79, INTEL CERTIFIED LIQUID COOLING

16GB DDR3 2400MHz, NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 680 4GB, 240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, 2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK

BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES, AeroCool Touch 2000 LCD Touch Screen 4 Fan Controller

Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Xtreme Audio, Hotas WH, Saitek Pro-Flight Pedals & Cougar MFD's

That's where I got mine from last week. Ordered on Saturday and it turned up on Tuesday - not bad service at all.

Mine arrived next day even though I just put it on 3-5days free delivery. Really good service but no one was in to sign for it:doh: so I had to go pick it up. If it had come when they said on the Friday it wouldn't have been a problem as someone would have been there to sign for it :megalol:

Best Regards

Nigel

AKA Rubberduck

Win7 64bBit,Intel® Core i7x4-3820 (3.6GHz), ASUS® SABERTOOTH X79, INTEL CERTIFIED LIQUID COOLING

16GB DDR3 2400MHz, NVIDIA GeFORCE GTX 680 4GB, 240GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, 2TB WD CAVIAR BLACK

BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, CORSAIR 750W ENTHUSIAST SERIES, AeroCool Touch 2000 LCD Touch Screen 4 Fan Controller

Creative Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Xtreme Audio, Hotas WH, Saitek Pro-Flight Pedals & Cougar MFD's

Mine arrived next day even though I just put it on 3-5days free delivery. Really good service but no one was in to sign for it:doh: so I had to go pick it up. If it had come when they said on the Friday it wouldn't have been a problem as someone would have been there to sign for it :megalol:

Let me know what you think of them, and how it goes the first plays.

Tks <S>

Let me know what you think of them, and how it goes the first plays.

I love it. The joystick in particular is solidly built and feels great to fly with.

For me the controls are now much more intuitive - on my old x52 I was constantly having to remember which button combination I'd put speedbrakes, or china hat on, etc, but with the Warthog it's easy for me to remember which buttons do what (and a lot of that is because there's no need for me to give multiple functions to buttons).

On the other hand, if you want to stray from the default buttons (which just work with DCS-A10C out of the box) and get all complicated with macros etc (which you need if you want to map things like snapviews to your stick, as far as I can tell) then have to deal with the TARGET software and configuration, which is very powerful, but has been a little time-consuming for me to learn and configure (and I've still not got it quite right).

I have no regrets, and am very happy with my purchase. Now I just need to get the hang of all the weapons systems in game!

I love it. The joystick in particular is solidly built and feels great to fly with.

For me the controls are now much more intuitive - on my old x52 I was constantly having to remember which button combination I'd put speedbrakes, or china hat on, etc, but with the Warthog it's easy for me to remember which buttons do what (and a lot of that is because there's no need for me to give multiple functions to buttons).

On the other hand, if you want to stray from the default buttons (which just work with DCS-A10C out of the box) and get all complicated with macros etc (which you need if you want to map things like snapviews to your stick, as far as I can tell) then have to deal with the TARGET software and configuration, which is very powerful, but has been a little time-consuming for me to learn and configure (and I've still not got it quite right).

I have no regrets, and am very happy with my purchase. Now I just need to get the hang of all the weapons systems in game!

Agree love it, some people have said on here it took a while to get used too, because of the stiffness of buttons and responsivness of the stick, but i have found pretty easy transition from X52 to WH.

HTH

Best Regards

Nigel

AKA Rubberduck

Tks guys.

I just order mine, so lets see how it goes.

The only concern I have is space for the control, dont have mush. Thinking in building

Some stans for the to controls one in front of chair and another in the side. And it goes with

A 17 month child running around. Got to be carefull.

Tks <S>

Just got it, and I have to say what and amazing piece of hardware. Just the weight shock me!!!

Just got one question and I know this is not the forum but things I already have a post in here lest continue it.

What is the correct way to turn of the throwtle? The lights are always on and I never turn off my PC. The only way is sending the PC to sleep or unpluging it. Is this a correct way to unplugged or it dosent matter it whont wear of or get light damage?

Anyways they are thruly and amazing product hope they last forever!!!

Tnks in advance.

<S> all

What is the correct way to turn of the throwtle? The lights are always on and I never turn off my PC. The only way is sending the PC to sleep or unpluging it.

You can turn off the led lights from within the Target software.

I pretty much leave mine off, unless I am flying the sim then I turn them on.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|