A-10 USB engine gauges

hegykc

@danilop - yes, that's the main motivator behind doing Russian gauges, being there are no available ones out there. The price, in my mind, 50-60$ per gauge is acceptable, 30-40$ would be reasonable, and sub 30$ gauges are my goal, even less with DIY kits. It is within reach now.

Mig-21bis is the aircraft of my country's air force .I do believe there are still a couple left in flying condition after 2 collided and crashed last year (Yep, you can't touch us). So I'll definitely include gauges for it.

If you keep it sub $30 you'll get a lot of customers! DIY kits would be great.

I'm looking forward to it!

P.S.

Sve najbolje u Novoj Godini!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd buy a DIY kit in a heart beat

+ 1

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

If you keep it sub $30 you'll get a lot of customers! DIY kits would be great.

I'm looking forward to it!

P.S.

Sve najbolje u Novoj Godini!

$30 per instrument kit, I would definitely buy a bunch of them.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Sub $30, damn that's a low price, IF you could pull this off, I can promise you, you'll see quite a few. I myself would certainly be grabbing everything you could offer.

Fingers crossed you can do it.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Things are coming together!

We have a candidate programmer for an interface program with a teensy board.

The plan is to cut the costs of production down to a limit where it requires compromise in quality and/or realistic looks. Than I stop.

That limit is somewhere around 30$ per single pointer gauge. Less when I leave out some of the details like illumination, for those with a really tight budget.

Not every gauge needs to have its own interface, a limitless stepper motor or be injection molded or CNC'ed out of metal. Its all overkill in my mind, and keeps it out of reach for the most of us, in the price department.

Of course, high end stuff 100% mil spec replicas can be designed too, if there is enough interest. Right now I want to make something for everyone to be able to enjoy.

And this is not limited to DCS or combat sims only.

ADI has 11 motors driving 11 different moving parts, so its like 11 gauges in one. Similar for HSI. The most important thing, it can be done.

My rough estimate would be 80-120$ per a complex instrument like that.

I have also teamed up with a member who has a 3D printer, and we are working hard and plenty on making all (and I mean all) the sticks, throttles and collectives (including force trim and ffb) in the current and coming DCS lineup. The idea being that for the price of the warthog, one could buy a base and 5-6 different sets of sticks and throttles.

The machine should also help a lot with instrument building.

Due to these recent developments I might have to hold off making this panel, for a few weeks at least. All in the goal of making it even simpler, cheaper, better.

Plenty of big surprises coming in the next weeks and months!

I would get it for such a price +1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Prices still sound bloody good to me. Can't wait for the surprises, :)

Fantastic work.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Nice work! This looks promising.

Digital-to-Synchro converter for interfacing real aircraft instruments - Thread

Check out my High Input Count Joystick Controller for cockpit builders, with support for 248 switches, 2 POV hats and 13 analog axes. Over 60 units sold. - B256A13

www.novelair.com - The world's most realistic flight simulators of the J35J Draken and the AJS37 Viggen.

I have also teamed up with a member who has a 3D printer, and we are working hard and plenty on making all (and I mean all) the sticks, throttles and collectives (including force trim and ffb) in the current and coming DCS lineup. The idea being that for the price of the warthog, one could buy a base and 5-6 different sets of sticks and throttles.
Many very big companies, such as Microsoft, Saitek and Logitech, gave up on Forced Feedback sticks. I don't know what you have in mind, but FFB is not easy to do.

Congratulations on great idea hegykc! The A10 engine gauges looks realy great!

There's always work for inventive people.

I'm really looking forward to MiG-21 gauges and even more so for stick. I know that maybe is too early, but do you plan to make just a shell for sticks, or complete wired sticks? It would be reasonable to choose 5-pin mini DIN connectors and gain compatibility with TM Warthog base. In that way, you would have a super quality versatile product, and customers who are willing to pay for it.

Why didn't you open a new thread on our lockonhr.com forum?

• 1 month later...

So, to everyone wondering what happened to my project.

I found out that self made 3D resin printers are just now becoming a reality. Machines that would and still do cost hundreds of thousands, you can now make for a 1.000 bucks or so, provided that you have a substantial degree o knowledge on how these things work. Hardware, electronics and firmware programming.

After months of research and learning, I am starting to build my own machine. This has overtaken the priority over acrylic sheet designed instruments, because when I finish building this tool, only the imagination is the limit to what can be built. And not only prototypes but functional parts and in quantities and 100% authenticity.

So bare with me, still some months of work left to do, but when it's done we can have truly great sim products that an average simmer can afford.

• Like 1

Just currious about what your deffinition of "100% authenticity" would be when several of the A-10C indicators spec are not available on every spec.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Ok, so 100% authenticity on 90% of the cockpit for A-10. Who cares, for the first time in simpit history, one can build a machine that can do shapes and parts that were a pipe dream just monts ago...

I don't see people complaining about their thrustmaster warthogs not being within 1% of milspec dimensions. Pictures and other milspecs for reference will do.