Should I get DCS World or stick with an earlier version of A-10c Warthog?

pbpullman

I tried DCS World with the latest A-10c Warthog module, and frankly I wasn't too impressed. It seemed really buggy to me. Also, there are hardly any user-designed missions available for the A-10 in World. All the good missions are for 1.1.1.1. Will those work in version 2.1.x.x in World? Right now A-10 is all I play... I'm not that interested in the other available modules yet. The only reason I thought to keep World was because I understand the mission editor is improved and has things like additional triggers and improved AI, and I'm getting pretty good now at designing missions. Just hoping to hear some of your thoughts on whether it's worth it or not to upgrade for just an A-10 player.

Cheers...

• ED Team

Use both if you are not sure.

Download DCS world ( its free to use anyway with the SU-25T ) then download the A-10c module and try it out.

With the mission just make sure you open them in the 1.2.2 editor and re-save them and all should be good

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You minus well move forward and get up to date. With each update you'll be that much more behind the curve. Any game is going to have bugs. Next update is due soon which should fix even more.

Asus Sabertooth P67 Motherboard 2600k CPU, 16 gig DDR3, 1600. Samsung 830, 256 gig hard drive,

GTX780 Video Card, Warthog Hotas, Razer Mamba mouse. Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals. Trackir 5, Verizon FIOS 25Meg Up/Down

I have the same concerns. I tried DSC World many months ago and the A-10 just did not work out well for me. I went back to 1.1.1.1. I've been hesitant to try World again because I've been happy with just the A-10.

ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA MB

AMD Phenom II X4 955BE @3.6 ghz

Noctua NH-U9B CPU fan

Corsair memory - 4 x 4gb

Samsung SSD 830 128gb

Seagate 1TB 7200 x3

XFX HD6850 graphics x2

Antec Eleven Hundred case

Antec SG-850 power supply

Viewsonic VX2433 (1920 x 1080)

Viewsonic VX2431 (1920 x 1080)

LG GH-22 optical drive

Razer Black Widow Ultimate keyboard

Logitech G500 mouse

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS #00016

CH Flight Rudder Pedals

Logitech ClearChat USB Headset

TrackIR v5

Windows 7 Home Premium x64

I have the same concerns. I tried DSC World many months ago and the A-10 just did not work out well for me. I went back to 1.1.1.1. I've been hesitant to try World again because I've been happy with just the A-10.

Install both. Play 1.1.1.1, and check DCSW with every update. If you don't like the update, stick with stand alone A-10.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Would somebody please explain to me, what kind of bugs are messing DCS World up? I experience nothing, at least nothing that bad, that could convince me to regard downgrading to an older version and missing ongoing support as necessary or sensefull?

I uninstalled all of my DCS stuff last night. I then installed DCS World (1.2.2) and the same problems as the first time. I then reinstalled A-10 (there goes another activation) and the stand-alone works fine.

Noctua NH-U9B CPU fan

Corsair memory - 4 x 4gb

Samsung SSD 830 128gb

Seagate 1TB 7200 x3

XFX HD6850 graphics x2

LG GH-22 optical drive

Logitech G500 mouse

CH Flight Rudder Pedals

TrackIR v5

In World w/A-10 I am unable to click on anything in the cockpit. The brakes (on rudder) do not work at all and the rudder control is poor. Also there are some graphical glitches. Besides these issues itjust seems 'sloggy' and 'laggy'. Another thing I noticed last night is that when I tried to exit I brought up the exit menu with 'Escape' and was unable to mouse-click on any of the options. I had to do this several times (maybe 10) before I was finally able to click on 'Exit'.

Noctua NH-U9B CPU fan

Corsair memory - 4 x 4gb

Samsung SSD 830 128gb

Seagate 1TB 7200 x3

XFX HD6850 graphics x2

LG GH-22 optical drive

Logitech G500 mouse

CH Flight Rudder Pedals

TrackIR v5

I uninstalled all of my DCS stuff last night. I then installed DCS World (1.2.2) and the same problems as the first time. I then reinstalled A-10 (there goes another activation) and the stand-alone works fine.

In World w/A-10 I am unable to click on anything in the cockpit. The brakes (on rudder) do not work at all and the rudder control is poor. Also there are some graphical glitches. Besides these issues itjust seems 'sloggy' and 'laggy'. Another thing I noticed last night is that when I tried to exit I brought up the exit menu with 'Escape' and was unable to mouse-click on any of the options. I had to do this several times (maybe 10) before I was finally able to click on 'Exit'.

If you didn't change any hardware between installs then it shouldn't use up any activations. As far as not being able to click on anything, first check to make sure that the disable aero interface box in the options menu is not checked. If that doesn't solve your problem, try alt-tabbing out and back in before unpausing to start a mission. This should fix any issues of not being able to click on things.

I've got it working now. I unchecked 'Disable Aero Interface'.

Unfortunately, upon exit, Windows Explorer crashes and has to be restarted. Windows Explorer will thereafter periodically crash until I restart my computer.

As for hardware changes affecting activations, the only thing I've done since installation is remove 8 gb of RAM (8 gb left) due to a bad memory module. I'm waiting on a replacement module.

Thanks for your help.

Noctua NH-U9B CPU fan

Corsair memory - 4 x 4gb

Samsung SSD 830 128gb

Seagate 1TB 7200 x3

XFX HD6850 graphics x2

LG GH-22 optical drive

Logitech G500 mouse

CH Flight Rudder Pedals

TrackIR v5

Also dont think of this game as it is a standard game. It has many settings and yes, standard controls need to be carefully adjusted according your hardware. This takes time, finetuning even more... Theres alot to learn you're not used to think of. Its a simulation of a real airplane with real systems. In multiplayer people tend to also learn RL battletactics and communications. You'll find that real training knowledge is being spread. Forget about Battlefield 3 in this regard.

Good luck.