FC3 Requires Lock On...No DVD Drive, ISO?

Leeham

Hi folks. I had to dig out my DVD drive and put it on cardboard to install Lock On MAC, just to install FC3 again after reinstalling Windows. I install Win7 from a USB stick (I'm a boss).

If I made an ISO of my LOMAC disk, could I install from that and then install FC3 without being falsely flagged for piracy?

I always roll without a DVD drive, it's 2013 gosh darn it! Also I don't like it drawing power for no reason when it gets used once every 3 years, but more the 2013 thing. Disk drives are for drippy little spaffs.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do:

seexf.jpg

ASUS Z-170 PRO Gaming | Intl Core I7 7600 | 16GB Corsair DDR-4 2132 | nVidia 1660 Ti Black Edition 6GB | Saitek X-52 HOTAS | Oculus Rift

I installed Lock On from a folder on my fileserver, which contains a copy of the CD data, with no issues at all.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Copy for personal use is usualy fine, copy for redistribution is where the feds will gummy-wiggle you.

I know that part, but if the disk had any sort of copy protection that was bypassed in producing the ISO, it would appear to be a downloaded naughty boy copy :(

Thanks chaps, off to ISO that mofo.

ASUS Z-170 PRO Gaming | Intl Core I7 7600 | 16GB Corsair DDR-4 2132 | nVidia 1660 Ti Black Edition 6GB | Saitek X-52 HOTAS | Oculus Rift

Who cares when you can fiscicaly can lick the cover of the original.

What in the Halibut does that mean?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Who cares when you can fiscicaly can lick the cover of the original.

But if even the original? I'm not a nibby little flub...

What kind of power supply do you have that you're worrying about the power draw from an optical drive?

Antec New TP650W

I know it's not strictly...logical...to be bothered by a single optical drive.

I literally didn't use the drive at all for 2 years straight when it was plugged in, so I just took it out. It's like wearing gloves if you live on the sun.

If you really don't want an optical installed a USB drive is cheap enough. I have a ASUS USB DVD writer that cost less than $50. It is not as fast as most internals but it gets the job done.

I have a USB floppy drive in the closet too! ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It's just technique, but I have my optical drive at first in boot order this way if Window$ ever poops the bed I can boot from the CD and repair. It's happened often enough I've learned to take such precautions.

I can boot from USB, and install or repair Windows from it.

If this helps, I was able to install FC3 without the CD because I already had LOMAC installed on my HDD. As long as you can install LOMAC, that should be enough.

Way to not read the thread :doh:

So hook up a DVD or Make an ISO on anther PC and install.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

So hook up a DVD or Make an ISO on anther PC and install.

Way to not read the thread doh.gif

Its turning into leeloo multipass is it...

The question was already and satisfy. :thumbup:

Way to not read the thread doh.gif

I did read the thread, and so did everyone else.

A. Get a USB DVDR, Install. Install FC3, no issues.

B. Take the DVD/CD to another PC and Make an ISO, Install LoMAC, then FC3.

C. Buy Lockon Directly from UbiStore. Repeat.

You're griping about YOUR decision to remove the DVD Drive,

Is it that hard to Hook a power and SATA Cable up for 20 minutes? then take it out and put the side of your case back on?

It's been well documented since OCTOBER that you would need to have LoMAC installed to install FC3.

Plus if you already brought the Drive out of the closet and installed everything, why create the thread and sit here and reply to everyone with the same cryptic reply assuming we didnt read the thread.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

why create the thread and sit here and reply to everyone with the same cryptic reply assuming we didnt read the thread.

He must be a nibby little flub then... :P

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

I did read the thread, and so did everyone else.

A. Get a USB DVDR, Install. Install FC3, no issues.

B. Take the DVD/CD to another PC and Make an ISO, Install LoMAC, then FC3.

C. Buy Lockon Directly from UbiStore. Repeat.

You're griping about YOUR decision to remove the DVD Drive,

Is it that hard to Hook a power and SATA Cable up for 20 minutes? then take it out and put the side of your case back on?

It's been well documented since OCTOBER that you would need to have LoMAC installed to install FC3.

Plus if you already brought the Drive out of the closet and installed everything, why create the thread and sit here and reply to everyone with the same cryptic reply assuming we didnt read the thread.

Except I asked if the disk had copy protection, and asked if copying the disk and using an ISO would be flagged as a pirated copy in some way. I didn't ask 'HOW DO I DO THIS!?!?!!?'. I know how to do it, I explained what I wanted to do.

Hit the bricks ya none-reading son of a goober.

Edited by Leeham

If I made an ISO of my LOMAC disk, could I install from that and then install FC3 without being falsely flagged for piracy?

This is what I did, then I stuck the image on one of my external drives in case I ever need it again. LOMAC has no DRM, it just needs to be installed on a hard drive.

I installed Lock On from a folder on my fileserver, which contains a copy of the CD data, with no issues at all.

This would also work if you don't want to bother with ISO tools. You can just extract the CD to a folder and run the exe from there.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit

Hoggit 1st Fighter Wing

Weekly training missions on Tuesday nights, missions on Saturdays!

TS3: hoggit.us

Hit the bricks ya none-reading son of a goober.

:megalol:

This is what I did, then I stuck the image on one of my external drives in case I ever need it again. LOMAC has no DRM, it just needs to be installed on a hard drive.

This would also work if you don't want to bother with ISO tools. You can just extract the CD to a folder and run the exe from there.

:thumbup: