104th now hosting 1.2.8

Mustang

ok whatever.

Another question, .. the weather and lighting.

I understand that many people hate night missions, but some variety in weather/daylight would be nice maybe.

Like some rain, dusk and dawns, maybe even 1 hour of darkness maybe at beginning of mission .

Or does this cause instability problems ? Since there is no weather change at all i am thinking that .

Not that i would notice much of it since i'm mostly looking at the scoreboard, but for others it might be nice to !

Oh and will the server be down this weekend for this warrior thing ?

Edited by Maximus_Lazarus
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok whatever.

Another question, .. the weather and lighting.

I understand that many people hate night missions, but some variety in weather/daylight would be nice maybe.

Like some rain, dusk and dawns, maybe even 1 hour of darkness maybe at beginning of mission .

Or does this cause instability problems ? Since there is no weather change at all i am thinking that .

Corrected ^

Your whole "MOAR POINTS" theme is getting so tired... Good grief man- get over it.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Haha , that made me chuckle

Hmm, I probably don't get the joke, I always thought this guy was being serious...

lol. :doh:

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Its a possibility, the plan is to have the 51st Server hosting the event but in the unlikely event that something goes wrong with their server we will bring ours down and host it.

What you said about weather and time etc....

Yes it would be nice but night time is not as popular as you might think. Its great for some but not for those who want to fly down low and since all fast jets DONT have NVGs when they SHOULD it doesn't go very well.... day time missions although perhaps 'boring' are much more popular with the community as a whole.

We have recently changed our mission start times so the last 1 hour 30 mins is sunset and the mission is dark by rotation.

The weather is always nice because its a FPS issue, more clouds and rain = less FPS.... again this is something we have decided to run with (good weather) because its the most popular option across the board for everyone.

Yes it would great for the small number of clients we have with super PCs but we provide a platform for clients all over the world with different specs so its important we keep it simple to keep it stable!

Are you Maximus Derp in game?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

yes maximus_derp is me .

Fair enough i thought it was something like that , didn't know the weather settings affected FPS much, also if it affects server stability then i as well choose for perpetual sunlight.

Stability over scenery. Anyway the 1,5 hours of sun set is a nice addition i guess , always gives a nice atmosphere.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regarding clouds in missions, the latest version of my shader modifications pretty much removes the problems with excessive cloud amounts and FPS issues, you could now run a mission with dynamic weather with complete cloud cover and rain and see practically no drop in framerates.

Edited by Mustang

• 2 weeks later...
"Config/Weapons",

"Scripts/compile.lua",

"Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common/CustomHuman.lua",

"Config/World",

"Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common/Damage.lua",

"Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common/helicopter_exhaust.lua",

"Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common/MechTiming.lua",

"Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common/Pylons.lua",

"Scripts/Aircrafts/_Common/AIControl.lua",

"Config/Effects/ParticleSystem2",

"Bazar/World/Shapes",

"Scripts/Database/planes"

Updated

Edited by RIPTIDE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A few people seem to be having problems with IC.

Here's a link to all the files in correct folder structure. Extract the contents into your root DCS folder AFTER deleting the contents of the Bazar/World/Shapes folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w4ael890ynsxo4d/104IC.rar

MD5 FIle: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2g8zb16iy1vzk4t/104IC.md5

Links updated

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The weather is always nice because its a FPS issue, more clouds and rain = less FPS.... again this is something we have decided to run with (good weather) because its the most popular option across the board for everyone.

Rain is useless anyway : we don't have proper rain effect that affect visibility in DCS yet. Just the background rain/snow effect that doesn't change gameplay at all.

Great work

just wanted to thank u guys at the 104th for hosting so many nights of fun. many nights I return from work (VJ) between 00:00-02:00 and for me it's 1H/1.5H of pure joy to fly MP against virtual pilots from round the world. I learn a lot about BVR, RWR, crank & more.

Keep up the excellent work and keep us :joystick:

I rated this thread couse i think that many guys here at the forum would enjoy flying the 104th server

Edited by Mowgli
rating

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

Thanks VJ, we're happy you are having a good time on our server, its why we do what we do, so people like you can have fun :D

Just a quick update,

Today from 11:00z we will be running 24 hrs of NIGHT missions until Sunday 11:00z to spice things up a bit.

But don't worry about having no NVGs if your flying FC3, we have specifically set the missions up with a FULL moon so you can easily see around you and not fly in to any hills!

After Sunday we will rotate Night Missions randomly into the Server rotation to keep things fresh!

Hope you guys come along and enjoy the bumps in the night!

TO THE BATCAVE!!!!!!

S!

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have always wanted to fly on your server but I dont want to intrude if a mission is in progress. Do you cater for JIP players and are there roles for UH-1h and/or Hip

TY Cib:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have always wanted to fly on your server but I dont want to intrude if a mission is in progress. Do you cater for JIP players and are there roles for UH-1h and/or Hip

TY Cib:)

In short.. yes!

Operation Bison has UH1H Transport missions available, delivering MANPADS and SAM repair teams around the Map to help your coalition!

Our other missions have UH1H Aircraft in a combat role with their own little Target Area's.

Just come along when ever you are free sir, dont worry about interrupting a mission or anything like that.

Best thing to do is get on our TeamSpeak and say hello to the guys already flying then get yourself set up with an aircraft and get in the fight!

Hope to see you soon

S!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for that. I am just about to start 3 days off and the missus wants to do all the tourist stuff so when things get back to normal I shall call in and say hi:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

can someone from 104th explain...

Links updated

the links here for the files download - if i fly on the 104th server is it something i need? what they do?

thanks

o.k. think i found the answer few replys back- just to make sure - this are the original core files that come with the installation of DCS World right?

Edited by Mowgli

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

Is it night only nowadays ?

Been checking for last couple of days and i haven't seen daylight once in the last 3 days

I saw something from them either in the server description or on here that said they were running night missions all weekend.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Is it night only nowadays ?

Been checking for last couple of days and i haven't seen daylight once in the last 3 days

No, we have daytime missions running again now. We had night missions running over the weekend.

The missions running today are half Day / half night .... later today we will change to full daytime and going forward we will randomly have different times and weather set ups daily (or every second day)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Last night, a full server ... I'm trying to get in but no free slots. Ok, someone will come out and will be a free slot as usual, in a few minutes. I'm waiting and clicking :music_whistling: . About 45 minutes but no one comes out. I wonder what happens when no one is leaving... I sense something good. :)

Suddenly I jump in and I was right. F15C, F15C, F15C, Su27, Su33, MiG29... F15C, Su27, Su27... After a looooong time AIR TO AIR crowd - 26 fighters :thumbup:

I really enjoyed.

S!

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH!