F15C landing gear

BRooDJeRo

Is it just me or are more players having difficulties with the F15 landing gear?

Even with the most gentle landing it seems to break. You see the gear go into the ground like there is no ground and then it's a bellylanding.

It doesn't always happen, but mostly. I'm trying to see what causes it and to reproduce, but for the moment it's random.

You don't see the gear break on landing, it just disapears into the ground.

It seems to happen in single player missions as well as in my own multiplayer missions, same results on 104th server.

Currently i'm using the repair function to see if that solves anything.

Edited by BRooDJeRo

Repair didn't seem to do much, however in my personal settings 'permit crash rcvr' was turned on. Now it's turned off.

Even with those missionsettings turned off fully it seemed to matter and the missionsettings didn't override personal settings.

Currently i've made a handfull of hard landings single and multiplayer and seems to go as it should go without previous problems.

When i monitor the landing with the F10 view i see the gear disapearing into the ground like it thinks groundlevel is lower than visualy is the case. When the F15 rubs it's belly on the ground it suddenly seems to remember where the ground is. I don't see the gear visualy break. I had a similar problem too on the A-10C on previous versions. The same solution, turning off the crash rcvr made it go away. It resulted mostly in having a flat front tire on take-off or landing without any reason, but this seems and feels different.

But, for now it's better/non-exitant with 'permit crash rcvr' off.

Edited by BRooDJeRo

Same issue here. I manage to land safely if keeping the nosewheel up until hitting 110 knots and then lovering the nose. But I think the landing gear breakes to easy. Its like its made of glass ;)

Flew a couple of landings with F-15C last night and landing gear collapsed on one - I was doing maybe 160 kts on touchdown which should be pretty much by the book. The other landing was much slower, so a tailstrike ensued... of course - but landing gear was fine. I'll have to do some more testing to see what's changed and what not.

What is your payload/fuel configuration? Landing fully fueled might not be the best thing for your landing gear.

Here's a video of my Su27 landing trials (3 landings), full AA payload, 30% of fuel:

I can post a track if you want.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

For me it didn't matter. Fully loaded or without load and a 25% filled internal fueltank.

I still have to do a few more landings to see if turning off 'permit crash rcvr' did the trick for me, but i don't have time to play DCS at this very moment. Sofar it's looking good, but try to not be too hopefull.

Edited by BRooDJeRo

I tried several landings on different airfield. For the moment, only Gudauta was OK for the landing. On Senaki-Klokhi, Kutaisi, Sukhumi and Sochi-Adler, each time, landing gear collapsed.

But the problem appears only when the front wheel touchs the ground. If you maintain nose up and only main gear on the ground, you don't have any trouble.huh.gif

Edited by Leb1705

Try the F-15 Kenan

You were right. Tried to land on Anapa, 30% fuel, AA payload and the landings are definetelly porked. When I tried to flare, instead of steadily dropping altitude and touching down, the plane just continued flying in the straight line and I ended up damaging my engine..I thought I screwed something up so I gave it another try..and on the second try, the plane just sank into the runway, presumably the landing gear collapsing as well..

I didn't have this issue with the Flanker when i was making the video above (1.2.3 version) and I thought all FC2 SFM planes share the same landing physics/parameters?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

Hey Brood,

I've had a couple of landings on the new patch that caused my gear to disappear too. Seems to be a little more sensitive than before the patch. I'll try your "Permit Crash Recvr" setting as well and see if that helps.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

:gun_sniper: Kenan

:) Just kidding.... Sounds like for me I just need to clean up landings a bit.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Guys, this whole thing may be my fault. I was bi**ing so much about the landing physics, it's quite possible Wags told the guys to spice it up a little..If that's the case, sorry!

I was going to mention that possibility when I saw this thread!! ;)

Be careful what you ask for...you just might get it!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I have issues with some of my Modules that are WIPs,

since they use SFM as well.

Not only does the gear seem to go through the ground and break easily.

On Take off, it seems to be glued to the ground, I pull back, nose comes up, main gear stays on deck, and I scrape my tail on the deck and then finally break away from it.

once the gear is off the deck, it's like there's a Horizontal Stabilizer PITCH dampener or something in effect, pulling back the stick only deflects the surfaces like 15-25%, plane slowly noses up, then hits either a set speed or altitude, and the Stab Pitch is let go and all of a sudden i get full pitch control and nose goes up like it should.

Come around for landing, same thing in reverse, once im below either a set speed or alt, controls go into that limited mode, close to ground, and gear is glued to the deck, then put nose down and pretty much crash from there.

Other Observations, releated to SFM,

If I Pitch down, then Pull Back, surfaces move, but plane flies int eh same direction for a bit then starts to slowly nose up (didnt do this in 1.2.2)

And it seems to only be when below a set speed (more testing on that later.)

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I saw that one too Skate.... It was like the controls went nuts on me for one landing. I may have notched my speed up a little high on approach with the gear down.

Steve (Slick)

OK....homework.

The main landinggear looks fine, but the nosewheel doesn't seem to know groundlevel when you let the nosewheel go down right away and the main gear follows. It doesn't break, but disapears into the ground. There's also no message that the aircraft has crashed. Once the aircraft is on its belly, the landinggear is gone. In some cases the aircraft starts vibrating heavily and stops 10-20 seconds after you shut down the engines.

To make a good landing you need to keep the nosewheel up a couple of extra seconds and it will not vanish into the ground. It's only a slight bit in the ground while the main gear is not.

At very low speeds, without flaps, you can still flare the nose up while that shouldn't be possible.

Here's also a missionfile with an ideal aproach on Vody, 25% fuel and nothing else in wheight that can be controled.

Track and relevant logfiles included.

Hatsaflats!

Thanks for the info!

I'm used to slamming the nose down as soon as the rear wheels touch..... I guess I'll delay that now.

Edited by sslechta
Missing info

Steve (Slick)

Yep, that trk file shows it good when you look at it from outside, F2.

Steve (Slick)

• 1 month later...

Yep, it's buggy. If the nosewheel touches the ground, you sit on the belly. Really enoying.

CPU: Intel i7-5820K 3,3GHz

Motherboard: ASUS X99-A

Grafik Card: NVIDIA Geforce GTX1080 Ti 337.50

RAM: 32GB

PIMAX 5k+ BE

Hotas Warthog with Simped Pedals

WIN 10 64bit

DirctX 11.0

Now I land so nose-up I occasionally drag my tail feathers for damage but at least it's landing with gear intact. :megalol:

Steve (Slick)