F15C landing gear

BRooDJeRo

Any news on this if it is fixed in 1.2.4 and most importantly, anyone got work a work around? Sometimes its possible as long as you don't bounce, at which speeds do you best archive that? With or without speedbreaks&flaps? :)

Sometimes its possible as long as you don't bounce, at which speeds do you best archive that? With or without speedbreaks&flaps?

I use flaps on during the whole landing. The way that works for me is to use airbrakes down to 150 speed in the HUD. I turn off airbrakes before the wheels touch ground. I keep the nose up as high as possible and when the back wheels touch, I keep holding the nose up for a while. If I do not keep the nose high enough, the wheels sink of course.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

Any news on this if it is fixed in 1.2.4 and most importantly, anyone got work a work around? :)

Doesn't seem to be http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1725787#post1725787

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

Yes, sadly i noticed that... But since the patch seems to be delayed again maybe we can hope that this issue gets some more attention? :3 It is really annoying when you can't travel with your trusty F15 from Airfield to Airfield.

I have the gear mapped to the pinky switch on the warthog throttle. So, flipping th switch back activates the command to lower the gear. I was beginning to think this behavior was connected to leaving the switch back, which is essentially keeping the gear down command pressed, until I saw this thread.

It seems that I have repeated problems with the gear not staying down on landing if I use the pinky switch, but I have never once had the gear fail in the F15 if I simply use the "g" key to put it down. This is probably just a coincidence, but it seems to be a very strong correlation in my case.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT

This issue is nothing to do with gear not being lowered, or snapping off because of hard landing. Watching back a track of my landing in external F2 view, you can see the u/c go into the runway like a hot knife through butter, then when the airframe hits the tarmac, it's like a belly landing has occurred. This really needs to be fixed in 1.2.4 if they consider that the official release.

Fractal Define R4 Case | Core i7-9700K @ 4.9GHz| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi | Gigabyte RTX3080 Gaming OC 12GB | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD (OS) | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (DCS) | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD (Steam library) | 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD | Corsair 750W Gold PSU | Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Cooler | [TrackIR 5 unused] | Meta Quest Pro | TM HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Win 10 Home 64-bit | Asus PG348Q 34" 3440x1440 Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Sound

This issue is nothing to do with gear not being lowered, or snapping off because of hard landing. Watching back a track of my landing in external F2 view, you can see the u/c go into the runway like a hot knife through butter, then when the airframe hits the tarmac, it's like a belly landing has occurred. This really needs to be fixed in 1.2.4 if they consider that the official release.

+1

I have issues with some of my Modules that are WIPs,

since they use SFM as well.

Not only does the gear seem to go through the ground and break easily.

On Take off, it seems to be glued to the ground, I pull back, nose comes up, main gear stays on deck, and I scrape my tail on the deck and then finally break away from it.

once the gear is off the deck, it's like there's a Horizontal Stabilizer PITCH dampener or something in effect, pulling back the stick only deflects the surfaces like 15-25%, plane slowly noses up, then hits either a set speed or altitude, and the Stab Pitch is let go and all of a sudden i get full pitch control and nose goes up like it should.

Come around for landing, same thing in reverse, once im below either a set speed or alt, controls go into that limited mode, close to ground, and gear is glued to the deck, then put nose down and pretty much crash from there.

I've noticed this also, trying to do a high alpha F-15 airshow take off straight off the runway and it does not seem possible? I had no problems doing it in FC1

I've had it happen 2 or 3 times recently exactly like this, gear just glides through the runway like nothing is there and I end up sliding down the runway lol. Hopefully it gets fixed next patch as it's kinda annoying :doh:

Edited by AUS_Twisted

Yep... You just have to keep a super nose-up attitude when landing to avoid it. I would hope it's fixed in the next patch or so.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

I've noticed this also, trying to do a high alpha F-15 airshow take off straight off the runway and it does not seem possible? I had no problems doing it in FC1

I've had it happen 2 or 3 times recently exactly like this, gear just glides through the runway like nothing is there and I end up sliding down the runway lol. Hopefully it gets fixed next patch as it's kinda annoying :doh:

It Dampens Pitch and Roll up to a certain speed or altitude, cant really see which it is.

Also, I have the gear issue on immortal too.

I still have 2nd/3rd LOD polygons going through the exhaust area of the F-15 too.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Seriously! This is a big bug for a released product! There is almost impossible to land safely every time.

Yeah that plus the flawed take offs which ignore the players pitch inputs and limits you until you climb above a certain height.

Also some indestructible AI planes making it not possible to play.

Wonder if it has something to do with F-15C EDM being updated with collision mechanics for AFM.... for use with DCS:F-15C

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Wonder if it has something to do with F-15C EDM being updated with collision mechanics for AFM.... for use with DCS:F-15C

Curious about that too; got the feeling there was some bounce in the landing model, then it just collapses through the runway

I'm hoping, actually I'm praying and begging! a hotfix patch can be released to fix this :(

Just spent a few good hours in the F-15C dogfighting against some Russian adversaries, absolutely love the new cockpit, sounds and flight model!!

It's a real shame though I can't land without bellylanding, I tried low AOA and 10AOA landings, happened every time :cry: Happened on Kobuleti and Senaki.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

Ya, I've had the same problems as everyone else with either the landing gear collapsing through the runway or the F-15 doing some weird bouncing.

I have had a number of successful landings too though following these steps:

1. approach runway on glide slope between 170 and 180 kts with flaps and gear down;

2. maybe 4 or 5 seconds from the runway, kill the throttle;

3. when over the runway, apply airbrake and gently pull the nose up to an AoA of 15 and let the plane just plop down onto the runway.

I find the F-15 HUD seems to be missing the localizer and glide slope bars in ILS mode which makes landing more difficult. I have to constantly look at the ADI to know if my approach is right.

Interesting Vid, I guess they knew the left main was not locked down. Strange though considering the nature of the problem that Mid field engagement rather than approach end engagement was used.

Why is this bug not discovered by the testers? Do they not land all the aircrafts as part of the test process? The bug has been there for several versions!

The Budgies never make it back to base......always getting plucked :music_whistling:

Jest aside, I'm sure this matter has been reported and is being dealt with. As is always the case, not all fixes make patches. I will however attempt to ascertain exactly what is happening with this report and let you know.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'