Anybody figure out how to change FOV in the new patch?

Spitfire2170

Thanks for the fix Kuky , it has helped my fov problems aswell.

I have also changed

Cameraanglerestriction true 100

So that my head doesn't swivel more than your average owl

I feel like a computer programmer :O

I feel like a computer programmer :O

Yes, thats the point. I have no more nerves for that!

Sorry, it´s always the same s..t :angry:

How about an simple option in GUI for FOV ???

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

Ha! How ironic, I nutted this one out for myself and posted it up on my blog, but it seems others were figuring it out here!

http://blog.zencoffee.org/2013/05/triplehead-fov-with-dcs-world-1-2-4/

Fix was implemented for my triple-head setup (7680x1440), and works properly in A-10, Ka-50, and Flaming Cliffs 3.

Also fixes the startup screen so that it's only on the middle monitor, and radio menus appear on the middle monitor instead of being split between the left edge of the viewpoint and the right (which is rather neck-wrenching).

Note, if your resolution is NOT 7680x1440, you may need to edit the patch a bit. If you don't know how to use patch, you can open the diff in an editor and then just edit the files it's referencing. It should be fairly apparent what to do.

have a look here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=96116&page=7

As PeterP says there yoou need to edit in Server.lua file (with notepadd++ ) the corresponding aircraft line GlobalCameraAngleLimits:

"

local EyePoint_with_proper_Neck = {0.16, 0.1, 0.0} -- {front/back , up/down , left/right} <-in meters

local GlobalCameraViewAngleLimits = {20,160} -- {min FOV in °, max FOV in °} <- aka Zoom

local GlobalCameraAngleRestriction = {false,130.00,0.90} -- set to 'true' if you want restricted head turning with stop and activating the 'GlobalCameraAngleLimits'

local GlobalCameraAngleLimits = {150.000000,-70.000000,90.000000} -- {Max turning to back in , max locking down , max looking up} <- in ° , Keep in mind that this depends on your actual FOV - so you have to readjust it to your FOV setting

"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Just editing the SU27 settings in server.lua I achieved this. This with max head neck rotation checking 6:

su27Modview_zpsb3e4d32b.jpg

The revised lines look like this: I changed the CameraAngleRestriction entry from False to True and the CameraAngleLimits from 140 to 170. The net result is pretty realistic to me.

ViewSettings["Su-27"] = {

Cockpit = {

[1] = {-- player slot 1

CockpitLocalPoint = {7.959000,1.419000,0.000000},

CameraViewAngleLimits = {20.000000,120.000000},

CameraAngleRestriction = {true,60.000000,0.400000}, (was false)

CameraAngleLimits = {170.000000,-75.000000,90.000000}, (was 140)

EyePoint = {0.050000,0.100000,0.000000},

limits_6DOF = {x = {-0.050000,0.450000},y ={-0.200000,0.200000},z = {-0.220000,0.220000},roll = 90.000000},

Though maybe the Global camera settings would be better way to do it ?.

Edited by IvanK

the angle restriction in a 6DoF cockpit are pretty useless for me... sometimes in clickable ones just stops you from seeing proper.

For SU27 I have 145 horizontal rotating angle 85 vertical and 90 downwards. These are just limits of the game but if you don't have big movement in yout TIR/Freetrack you can be safe under them.

For example in Ka50 the downward angle is too small and I can't see well, but with 90 all problems go away.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 3 months later...
anyone have the FOV settings for the P-51D Mustang????

thanks..

I just changed mine...

Look in: Saved Games/DCS/Config/View/Server.lua

local GlobalCameraViewAngleLimits = {min,max}

Set the min and max to the angles you want.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

I just changed mine...

Look in: Saved Games/DCS/Config/View/Server.lua

local GlobalCameraViewAngleLimits = {min,max}

Set the min and max to the angles you want.

okay example what are yours???:music_whistling:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

I use 30 and 100.

thanks..:thumbup:

but as Merlin said it is in the saved games there is no such thing there its in the program/ed/dcs/config folder..

okay here is what I see..

ViewSettings["P-51D"] = {

Cockpit = {

[1] = {-- player slot 1

CockpitLocalPoint = {-1.500000,0.618000,0.000000},

CameraViewAngleLimits = {20.000000,120.000000},

CameraAngleRestriction = {false,90.000000,0.500000},

CameraAngleLimits = {200,-80.000000,90.000000},

EyePoint = {0.025000,0.100000,0.000000},

ShoulderSize = 0.15,

Allow360rotation = false,

limits_6DOF = {x = {-0.050000,0.450000},y ={-0.200000,0.200000},z = {-0.220000,0.220000},roll = 90.000000},

where do I make this change????

Edited by Double_D

[/Table]

Yeah, as I explained in this other thread [http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1850008#post1850008], I'm still using my old View.lua file and SnapViewsDefault.lua files which I edited a long time ago; they're in my DCS World\Config\View (the main sim directory, not the Saved Games one). Putting the lines in these files still works, even if it (evidently) isn't the format that we should be using with the latest version. I probably should update to the new method ...

Yeah, as I explained in this other thread [http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1850008#post1850008], I'm still using my old View.lua file and SnapViewsDefault.lua files which I edited a long time ago; they're in my DCS World\Config\View (the main sim directory, not the Saved Games one). Putting the lines in these files still works, even if it (evidently) isn't the format that we should be using with the latest version.

okay checking out the link you provided..thanks..:thumbup:

in this link post you did meant the server lua right...not the view because those lines are not there but they are in the server.lua..

made changes but won't allow me to save...says make sure it is not being used else where....???

Edited by Double_D

[/Table]

ok i didnt follow the whole thread now...but if you want to change your default FOV of an aircraft, i can help you...i just went through this procedure last week with a friend...

first you would need to go to

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\View

and open and adjust the views.lua file in the line 13

UseDefaultSnapViews = false

...after that do the following which is described in the wiki:

http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Snap_views

"

Customising the Default View

1. Press Num5 to reset your view to the current default.
  2. Adjust your view to what you want as the new default but do not use any snap view keys in the process!. If you have TrackIR, you will probably need to shut it off while doing this, otherwise it won't save the view the way you want it!
  3. Press RALT+Num0 - your new default view should now be saved."

...after youve done that, and adjusted your default view, a new folder should be created in:

username/saved games/dcs/config/view

...from then on, its adviseable to just copy and paste all the files in

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\View

to

username/saved games/dcs/config/view

this way your adjustments remain, even after patches...

snapviews.lua is the file you want to adjust, if you want to have a exact value for your FOV...

server.lua is also a file where you can make interesting adjustments...

did that and still won't allow me to save changes...

That's strange. I backed my server.lua file then changed the values to what I have below I think. I kept changing it so I'm not sure exactly what I settled on. I had no problem saving. I don't like a huge zoom so I prefer it to appear as though you are focusing some but not telescoping.

Saved Games/DCS/Config/View/Server.lua

local GlobalCameraViewAngleLimits = {75,105}

By the way,this changes your local view setting for all aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

I don't like a huge zoom so I prefer it to appear as though you are focusing some but not telescoping. local GlobalCameraViewAngleLimits = {75,105}
Holy smokes! You must have a devil of a time spotting distant specks, unless you have an enormous monitor. With my monitor & eye-to-monitor distance, 75 degrees FoV is something like half of the real-life image size (while still only offering about half of my real-life FoV, alas!). That's why I set my max zoom (min FoV) to 30 degrees--that's roughly the real-life image size for my monitor size/distance.

That's strange. I backed my server.lua file then changed the values to what I have below I think. I kept changing it so I'm not sure exactly what I settled on. I had no problem saving. I don't like a huge zoom so I prefer it to appear as though you are focusing some but not telescoping.

Okay making dinner right now will check it soon...

[/Table]

Hey there is no View folder or server.lua file in "Saved Games/DCS/Config/ "

You must mean ""/Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/DCS/Config " string..

Tried again will not allow me to save the changes...

Edited by Double_D

[/Table]