03 and 07 May 2013 Updates

They're medium fidelity really ... which specifically means reduced avionics complexity. If we're really mincing words, I guess we can call'em casual simmers?

But yes, it is the goal to bring in those people who started with HAWX or ACE COMBAT, and they want to get into combat flight simulation.

I love how the people who prefer "lo-fi" aircraft are being called "casual" gamers... :lol:

HAWX is for casual gamers! Even the FC3 aircraft are quite complicated in the scheme of things and are far more towards the simulation end of the spectrum than to the casual games end. Far more.

In any case, the Su-27 and F-15 will be hi-fi eventually. Which means we just have to be patient, which is nothing new in this community.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure they are. It's a fun and easy way to practice simple 1v1's or 1v2's (for those who can) or team tactics. It's still airquake, though some will actually have a stated mission.

These things aren't mutually exclusive.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting the airquakers down. I'm just saying there's a difference between the people who'll pick up FC3 on a whim and fly for a laugh and the people who'll have more of an interest in reading through a 600 page manual and devote a huge chunk of time towards studying a sim. We can all take a rough guess at how many there are of each group in the world.

Sim-Lite.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

You could use it to shoot a missile at someone across the turn circle for example, but I was under the impression that we were talking about guns :)

Assuming that someone is on your six (it can happen to anybody :P ) You already lost the battle sooo what i am saying the cobra maneuver may prove useful in situations that with another aircraft type you would not have any other choice..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting the airquakers down.

Ok, sorry about that. A lot of people do, thus my post.

I'm just saying there's a difference between the people who'll pick up FC3 on a whim and fly for a laugh and the people who'll have more of an interest in reading through a 600 page manual and devote a huge chunk of time towards studying a sim. We can all take a rough guess at how many there are of each group in the world.

Correct, but some of those people may eventually transition to hard core simming as well ... and the other way around also. The thing is, the pool of simmers who prefer something like FC3 is bigger than the hard core simmer pool, and they tend to move from one to the other ... so you do really have to cater to the guys who want less complexity, and that is basically my point with respect to the market.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You could use it to shoot a missile at someone across the turn circle for example, but I was under the impression that we were talking about guns :)

No i was talking about the maneuver in general and then skatezilla said something about guns..Are you greek?

Try an actual arcade flight combat game out, then come back here and say that again with a straight face ;)

While I appreciate the difference between FC3 and HAWX, I think a lot of people (myself included) are disappointed that by buying FC3 in support of ED, they have contributed to its popularity and in effect delayed the production a product they actually want (High fidelity fighter).

Lets just say that in future I'm going to be much more careful with regards to where I put my money.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting the airquakers down. I'm just saying there's a difference between the people who'll pick up FC3 on a whim and fly for a laugh and the people who'll have more of an interest in reading through a 600 page manual and devote a huge chunk of time towards studying a sim. We can all take a rough guess at how many there are of each group in the world.

I don't think they're as different as you think. Many of those that are willing to pick up FC3 will eventually move on to the hi-fi DCS modules.

In this sense the FC3 style aircraft are probably quite important for ED to grow their customer base.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

While I appreciate the difference between FC3 and HAWX, I think a lot of people (myself included) are disappointed that by buying FC3 in support of ED, they have contributed to its popularity and in effect delayed the production a product they actually want (High fidelity fighter).

Lets just say that in future I'm going to be much more careful with regards to where I put my money.

What makes you think this delayed anything?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

So by your logic.... You stop supporting ED and the High Fidelity aircraft arrive faster? you gotta be kidding....

i can understand you if you can understand this: 1 DCS title need 5+ years to be developed

and all we know 9 pregnant women cannot bring a baby in one month to this world :D

so my vote: more FC3 aircrafts first :thumbup:

sign-pic4.jpg

if you dont stall and fall into the ground in the process..... Assuming we are doing flat circles..

But yeah, I was saying, if i was behind him chasing him and he decided to try that, he'd just be putting his plane in position for a Top Down shot, and I'd unload on him.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

+1

• ED Team
What makes you think this delayed anything?

Indeed, the vast majority of work on aircraft like the A-10C has to do with the cockpit systems. Given that the new Eagle and Flanker for DCS World will have the same cockpit systems as the FC3 versions, these aircraft will have very, very little impact on development of the high fidelity aircraft projects that are VERY cockpit systems heavy.

This:

"The Lock On / Flaming Cliffs series has been our most successful. As such, the F-15C Eagle and Su-27 Flanker will be catered to them

In the meantime, the F/A-18C Hornet is still planned but we want it to be at the same level as our A-10C. Because of this, development will take much longer compared to the Eagle and Flanker projects to be released this year."

Indeed, the vast majority of work on aircraft like the A-10C has to do with the cockpit systems. Given that the new Eagle and Flanker for DCS World will have the same cockpit systems as the FC3 versions, these aircraft will have very, very little impact on development of the high fidelity aircraft projects that are VERY cockpit systems heavy.

......... mimimi more icecream...

Never again will I touch an aircraft with SFM, I didnt buy FC3 for that reason. I dont mind not having click-pits, but SFM is simply too outdated at this point. As long as they dont charge a full price for FC3-AFM planes, I dont see a problem with this. It's a good move imo.

In fact there's already an FC3-AFM plane that I dont have but would be willing to pay for, the Su-25A. Would it all be possible to release that individual plane as stand alone?

As far as I understand this is what they already plan to do...

Release of high fidelity aircraft.

F-15 & SU-27 with AFM and Clickable cockpits and F-18C.

almost

1. F-15 & SU-27 with AFM for FC3...this year

2. DCS: F-18C Hornet...years+

3. DCS:Eagle & DCS: Flanker...years+++

sign-pic4.jpg

IMO he talks about the F-15 and the Su-27 like it will not be clickable cockpit and that will come later with more work

"Why build a DCS F-15 if your not going to live up to your own DCS standard"

then have clickable cockpits come later??????....

.....I think you missed what attracted so many ppl to "DCS" blackshark and "DCS" A-10.....

plz stop with the stupid ass non clickable cockpits

• Like 1

It only takes two things to fly, Airspeed and Money.

Never again will I touch an aircraft with SFM, I didnt buy FC3 for that reason. I dont mind not having click-pits, but SFM is simply too outdated at this point. As long as they dont charge a full price for FC3-AFM planes, I dont see a problem with this. It's a good move imo.

In fact there's already an FC3-AFM plane that I dont have but would be willing to pay for, the Su-25A. Would it all be possible to release that individual plane as stand alone?

are you blind man !?

they are changing all SFM to AFM

this is happening NOW !

sign-pic4.jpg

Wag's latest post - did I miss something?

Hi all,*Today's post from Wags:*http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=105800

Is it me or does this not make much sense? He seems to suggest that there will be a F15 and SU27 release this year but he seems to get a bit lost along the way regarding the level of detail in these up coming mods (even the era apparently). Pretty much in the same breath he seems to imply that they (the F15/SU27 mods) will be low fidelity non button pushing and that button pressing (may) come later - surely this would just be re releasing FC3 only with single mods?*

He also mentions that DCSW is not limited to one era - presumably referring to the fw190 but he doesn't mention it by name.

There are 2 clear points however. 1- the F15 and SU27 mods (whatever they are but I can only assume HiFi or there is no point-i really hope they dont opt for something between LoFi and HiFi) will be out this year. 2- FA18 wont happen till at least next year.

TBH If (and I stress this if as I am sure I have this wrong somehow) it is the case that DCS are not releasing F15/SU27 at HiFi level and are only doing some LoFi/LoFi+ fidelity level mods then I find this to be very demoralising. Esp the fact that a HiFi multi role that the sims battlespace environment desperately needs has been pushed to next year in favour of (again please let me be wrong here) a 're release' of LoFi/LoFi+ F15/SU27 and/or the fw190 that still has only a very limited practical functionality in this 21st century/digital battlespace with a 21st century sim, no scenario/era specific map and massively limited targets/historically sensible units to fly against.

On the other hand if ive got it wrong and the new F15/SU27 will be HiFi then I will still be sad that FA18 isnt slated for a fast release but understand that with good LoFi mods already in place it makes sense to knock out the HiFi mods of the same aircraft quickly as it's all there ready for them - in which case you can ignore this whole post and im sorry for wasting your time :-S

-Sharpe

PS: I have a splitting headache so if I have missed something obvious in Wags post or just plain misread it then I apologise in advance.

Edited by Sharpe_95

Matt - will you please translate your update?

The way I read it is as follows:

The F-15C and Su-27 will be released later this year with AFM's, which would be comparable in quality to the existing Su-25T. They will not have mouse-clickable cockpits or advanced cockpit systems.

At some point down the road the F-15C and Su-27 will be updated to DCS A-10C quality.

Is my understanding of your 5-7-13 update correct?

So by your logic.... You stop supporting ED and the High Fidelity aircraft arrive faster? you gotta be kidding....

I think that's better than you continue supporting ED but the high fidelity never arrives.:megalol: