Mission 7 "Tango"

Mission 7 "Tango"

so, i flew with the other 3 Hueys into the AO. Springfield 1 says something about "we do 3 runs with 4 rockets each"

okay, Done! after this, the AI Hueys hovering over the AO and nothing happens. Springfield 1 SHOULD tell me something about that i need to drop the troops in my trunk but yea... like i said, nothing happens.

Does anyone know what to do ? im totally frustrated :joystick::cry:

I had to repeat this mission 3 times.

It has probably something to do with rocket salvos. I had it set to x2. And there was hovering after 3 runs.

When I set it to x4, mission went fine.

I'm not sure, but this worked for me.

Different problem here: the leader outclimbed/outperformed my chopper in a way that I simply couldn't stay anywhere near him during the attack. Pedro smacked me on the head, grabbed the controls, and MISSION FAILED. Pretty much the same AI problem that was reported for mission #6 already.

I'll try the new mission file once I've overcome the frustration of having wasted yet another hour or so because of the ****ing AI and because of a very tight trigger constraint.

• 1 month later...

is the mission updated with the patches or should I still try the mission enclosed in this thread?

I have tried setting the burst to x2 and x4, and I always seem to run out of rockets before the rest, and no further action is triggered. Last time, my flight turned for home after the 3rd run, and I couldn't leave the flight lead to do a gun run, because of the instant failure that follows with doing so... What to do??

• 3 weeks later...

The updated mission in this thread makes it easier to follow your wing commander and I am grateful for this. However, it crashes for me at the point where the attack is over and the choppers should regroup to go home. It gives me the DCS stopped working message. I am running 1.2.5 so maybe that patch messed things up. Also with 1.2.5 the original mission 7 now appears very strange, with the other choppers in the flight attacking all over the place. They didn't do that before 1.2.5. It is great to have the huey sight in place though! Anyway, I should probably just skip to mission 8 using the Missions menu, I've attempted mission 7 about 10 times now!

• 3 weeks later...

I just encountered the same problem. I was a bit late with my rocket run, but after the run I just got the message "You missed them" and then the choppers return home. No "mission failed" or something like that, they just return home and thats it.

• 3 weeks later...

I also encountered this problem. One attack run, missed the target, the leader calls out to make a left turn and the whole flight is returning to base without further mesages.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I also encountered this problem. One attack run, missed the target, the leader calls out to make a left turn and the whole flight is returning to base without further mesages.

Same problem here also. Leader calls egress followed by left turn, but just turns right, climbs the hill and levels out at 3600ft and heads homewards. I Alt-tabbed and killed the game so as not to mess up my campaign record.

FSKRipper, did you use the edited mission on page 1 of the thread (post by Dzen) or the mission included as standard?

I'm wondering whether to try the modified mission from Dzen in the hope it fixes the problem, but if someone already used that with the latest patch and found that it still has issues, I can save myself a wasted half hour trying.

Kontiuka, the Tango mission has you flying as four-ship of Hueys to go to 'persuade' the insurgents to give up their weapons by shooting at them (first time weapons are employed in the campaign). They're hiding in trees near a friendly group.

Edited by Martyn

The first time I played this mission it worked as planned, then the update reset my campaign now on the second play-through i get the egress call and they head for base....

Anyone had this mission work in 1.2.5?

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

I had to re-run that mission 3 times to finally complete it. It is a right royal pain in the ass.

What is also annoying about that mission, is that after you do all the shooting, the leader calls for you to form up and head home. But then this idiot flies an irritating pattern. He dives for the deck, down from the hill, then starts climbing rapidly whilst turning right. All the while, you've got to stay within 500m otherwise your co-pilot will fail the mission if you don't stick with him.

JUST FLY STRAIGHT AND LEVEL IDIOT!!!

;)

Hey Martyn, I used the stock missions included in the actual update. When looking at the "last change" date in the explorer my system shows 28.7. for all UH-1 campaign missions. I hoped they were updated as well since this thread started but I seem to be wrong in this case. Tried this mission three times now and give it up until it is fixed. My 12 days old son only allows me 4-5 flight hours a week so my time is precious.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cheers for the update. If I get time later in the week, I'll try the fixed mission from page 1 and see if it also works in 1.2.5.

Congratulations on the new future Huey pilot in the family! If it's your first then you'll get more flying hours (and sleep) ... eventually. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

After the update (1.2.6) my flight leader just takes off and does donuts round the base in this mission.......

I have now finished all the missions in the campaign but had to do it one by one in the mission editor as mission 7 didn't work for me the second time round.

EDIT:

I just opened up the mission in editor and deleted a land command that the leader has at starting point then the mission played through to the end, thank fcuk I couldnt face following my leader to the LZ again only to have him hover about uselessly

Edited by Rangi
fixed it

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

• 2 weeks later...
EDIT:

I just opened up the mission in editor and deleted a land command that the leader has at starting point then the mission played through to the end, thank fcuk I couldnt face following my leader to the LZ again only to have him hover about uselessly

Well, tonight I did the same (edited the mission) and we all headed out to the target area as normal. After firing the first rocket salvo, the group turned around and came into a hover, and so they stayed, creeping along as a couple of knots. So once again the mission failed to progress. At least they didn't head for home this time. Small progress.

Due to the 1.2.6 adjustments in engine power (or whatever was changed) I struggled to keep up with them during the attack run/climb, so was a few hundred metres behind, but got no warnings from my co-pilot. I wonder what causes the mission to become stuck.

Annoying, in any case!