Dummy contats on DataLink

alexej21

Hello Guys,

After some periods of time in MP a big number of dummy contacts appear (or dead contats stay) on DataLink (Su27 and Mig29) screen.

You can't recognize which threat is a real and which is only a ghost contact. This problem affects every Client in the game.

Please fix this.

Thank you,

Edited by alexej21

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.....Vladimir, let's go to Sukhoi.......

• 1 month later...

bump tookootookoo bump clits clits... no change after 1.2.5 :helpsmilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Perhaps you could create a short TRK (simplified MP mission) and a report to the ED-testers, so it's easier for them to get it reported correctly. :)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Yes,that is the only way,but it is very difficult because normally contacts move only when awacs send update. You could wait long time for an update.

Sometimes we had more than 30dummy contacts on dl...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

.....Vladimir, let's go to Sukhoi.......

Someone I fly with that flies Russian birds happened to mention that you just have to pay attention to which ones are actually moving on the datalink as the 'ghost' ones are stationary.

If you fly in a server that does not reload after a couple of hours..then your MFD is full of un-existant friends and enemies...and when you really need it..eg when you are defensive, loosing track and need this tool too reacquire your target (experienced LOMAC pilots turn off their ECM when getting defensive and closer to the enemy) then this tool becomes, not only useless, but also destructive...if you understand what I mean..

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Perhaps you could create a short TRK (simplified MP mission) and a report to the ED-testers, so it's easier for them to get it reported correctly. :)

That's the problem panzer, this bug shows itself over time.

Possibly related whit aircraft being shot down not being removed from data link.

So creating a track in a simple mission probably works, but it would by no means be short.

(and hence, prone to errors due to network latency and other shenanigans related to trackfiles.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

That's the problem panzer, this bug shows itself over time.

Possibly related whit aircraft being shot down not being removed from data link.

So creating a track in a simple mission probably works, but it would by no means be short.

(and hence, prone to errors due to network latency and other shenanigans related to trackfiles.)

Actually I'm pretty sure I've got a Flanker mission where you see this near instantly.

Scramble to intercept F/A-18's attacking SAM's. The SAM's fire back, the missiles show up on the datalink, and then never go away.

At least if I remember correctly. I can't access it now though.

I might double check it and post in the future. The bug is pretty crippling for the Flanker.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• ED Team
Hello Guys,

After some periods of time in MP a big number of dummy contacts appear (or dead contats stay) on DataLink (Su27 and Mig29) screen.

You can't recognize which threat is a real and which is only a ghost contact. This problem affects every Client in the game.

Please fix this.

Thank you,

Please provide a track using 1.2.5. We cannot reproduce this.

Edited by Wags

i have a track showing the problem that lasts for the entire time while im on the server, but the track is too big to upload to the forum

so here it is

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dkjuth7pqr8ld6c/client-20130725-220901.trk

track start in game time 09:57

Su-27 game play and problem can clearly be seen on the TAD after 10:43:56

No units in track play back using 1.2.5.

I played the .trk and the dummy contacts can be clearly seen from 10:54:33 until 10:58:51.

Please check again from 10:54 until 10:58.

I used 1.2.5 for playback

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

I'll check also on my end...

EDIT: downloaded the track but it won't run on my end, it won't un-pause and when I press ESC game crashes

Edited by Kuky

No longer active in DCS...

alright, got it to run... had to speed up till Su-27 came in... and yes, from all those contacts on datalink some do look like not refreshing their position and heading for long time... some do but some don't so it is likely this bug is still there (was also sometimes occurring in FC2)

No longer active in DCS...

alright, got it to run... had to speed up till Su-27 came in... and yes, from all those contacts on datalink some do look like not refreshing their position and heading for long time... some do but some don't so it is likely this bug is still there (was also sometimes occurring in FC2)

Thanks for duble check, I would like to ad that the dummies are clearly shown at 10:54 until 10:58 and you need to forward a LOT, and in this track you can see only 10-12 dumies only...

I was on 51st server and most of the times that the awacs was enabled, afte 4 hours of ''bussy''

server the TAD was FULL of dumies, it was beter to not look at it at all..at least 60-70 dumies overlaping eachother... as said the effect needs time to build up, and in a busy server like 51st that runs 20-30 people for 4 hours, this is the place that you are going to have trouble...

Thanks again for taking the time to check this track, ( I had lanch and coffe untill I get to 10:54 to see the bug) :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

Sun Tzu, The Art of War