Cannot access Flight Control Options after update

WR269

Compare the Easy Control LUAs. (the original and the one after you delete the UH-1H Folders.)

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I don't have UH-1 folders. What do I have to do in game in order to get them to appear. I have just purchased the game yesterday and I only have the base world and Huey so the Huey folder does not appear to have been created yet so I don't know how to make it become created so that I can delete it in order to make the game work.

I'm having the same problem. Deleting the Huey files or the whole DCS folder in saved games doesn't help.

I'm using Windows 7, my controllers are (since it may apparently be related): Thrustmaster T.16000M, Saitek Throttle Quadrant, and I used to have a Logitech Extreme 3D, which still has a LUA script in the old config directory.

The me.log file in one of the other folders in the Saved Games/DCS directory logs this if I try to enter the controls tab in the settings:

00011.067 INFO    INPUT: FFB queue length is 16
00011.068 INFO    INPUT: FFB thread started.
00011.104 UNKNOWN main: GUI Error: [string "./mods/aircrafts/Uh-1H/input/UH-1H_Gunner/k..."]:6: attempt to index global 'device_commands' (a nil value)
GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
   [C]: ?
   [string "./mods/aircrafts/Uh-1H/input/UH-1H_Gunner/k..."]:6: in function 'layout'
   [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_options_controls..."]:357: in function <[string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_options_controls..."]:338>
   (tail call): ?
   [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_options_controls..."]:395: in function 'loadPluginDeviceProfile'
   [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_options_controls..."]:419: in function 'loadDevice'
   [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_options_controls..."]:271: in function 'createProfile'
   [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_options_controls..."]:149: in function 'createProfiles'
   [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_options_controls..."]:2167: in function 'initialize'
   [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_options_controls..."]:2237: in function 'show'
   [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_options.lua"]:308: in function 'setVisible'
   [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_options.lua"]:363: in function 'func'
   [string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:209: in function <[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:187>
   [C]: in function '?'
   [string ".\MissionEditor\MissionEditor.lua"]:812: in main chunk
stack traceback:
   [string "./mods/aircrafts/Uh-1H/input/UH-1H_Gunner/k..."]:6: in function 'layout'
   [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_options_controls..."]:357: in function <[string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_options_controls..."]:338>
   [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_options_controls..."]:395: in function 'loadPluginDeviceProfile'
   [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_options_controls..."]:419: in function 'loadDevice'
   [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_options_controls..."]:271: in function 'createProfile'
   [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_options_controls..."]:149: in function 'createProfiles'
   [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_options_controls..."]:2167: in function 'initi00011.104 ALERT   LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./mods/aircrafts/Uh-1H/input/UH-1H_Gunner/k..."]:6: attempt to index global 'device_commands' (a nil value)
GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
   [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_options_controls..."]:2167: in function 'initialize'
   [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_options_controls..."]:2237: in function 'show'
   [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_options.lua"]:308: in function 'setVisible'
   [string ".\MissionEditor\modules\me_options.lua"]:363: in function 'func'
   [string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:209: in function <[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:187>
   [C]: in function '?'
   [string ".\MissionEditor\MissionEditor.lua"]:812: in main chunk
00017.470 INFO    INPUT: FFB thread stopped.

Does anyone know how I would be able to send this issue directly to the company in order to find out what the support solution would be? I am really disappointed that I haven't been able to play properly yet due to a stupid bug. I had to uninstall the module that I spent $40 on just so I could at least enjoy the SU25 that came for free.

And thanks for all your guys help so far. I am sure that there is a solution somewhere, I am just frustrated currently. I just wish I could figure out how to get the UH1 folder to appear so I could delete it and fix it that way.

who's forum do you think this is?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• ED Team

Guys, please unrar the attached file into (replace existing one):

<GAMEDIR>\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Input\UH-1H_Gunner\keyboard\

This should repair error. Please also report here about results on your PC.

Sorry for bug. It will be fixed soon.

Note: <GAMEDIR> - game installation path (be default it's C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World)

default.rar

Edited by USSR_Rik

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• ED Team

Many thanks, gentlemen, and sorry once again.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

Just to say I don't seem to have any problems entering the Controls setup for any of the modules after updating, without using the file USSR_Rik posted.

I have a Thrustmaster Hotas X stick in case that matters.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

• ED Team
Just to say I don't seem to have any problems entering the Controls setup for any of the modules after updating, without using the file USSR_Rik posted.

I have a Thrustmaster Hotas X stick in case that matters.

We know, this issue appears not in all PC.

G.K. Chesterton

We know, this issue appears not in all PC.

Cool, as long as you know :)

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

• 2 months later...