Track IR pro clip

Sounds like, from your brief comment, that your Track IR is failing.

Are you planning on wearing headphones with the Pro Clip? I prefer a ball cap, and haven't used my Pro Clip in over a year.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Just in case you did not know, the track clip pro has 3 IR emitters that the track IR camera uses to see changes in your head position. The Hat Clip is merely a reflector. The Track IR camera can turn on a IR light and look for the reflection off of the hat clip.

In my experience, the track clip pro removes a lot of positioning false signals, and is a better user experience in general.

The major factor to getting the best experience out of the Track IR/Clip

is the removal or minimization of unwanted IR sources that the Track IR camera can see. Sunlight glinting off of a window in the camera's view can wreak havoc with the Track IR, so try to get rid of any stray IR source.

What does the clip use to power the ir lights? USB? Batteries?

It uses a USB connection

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Sabertooth Z97, 4790K @ 4.4Ghz, Corsair H110 CPU Cooler, EVGA 750XR power supply, 2XEVGA 780GTX 6GB, 16GB GSkill DDR3, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD(OS), WD 1 TB SATA (Storage), WD 3 TB SATA (Storage),Win 10 x64, ASUS 27" LED, Planar 24" Touch Screen (Helios Glass Cockpit), TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, Track IR 5

As Wreaking Crew mentioned, the TIR Pro Clip affixes to the headband of a headset and is wired to a USB port. That tether drove me nuts while using the Pro Clip and I finally shelved the Pro clip and returned to the hat clip.

A year ago, Natural Point claimed they were coming out with a wireless (battery powered) version of the Pro Clip but I've seen nothing as of yet.

Anyhow, I have no problem using the hat clip but I also agree that the Pro Clip gives a little better tracking. If the wireless version ever becomes a reality, I'll probably switch to that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

I just use FreeTrack. I built a headphone clip being powered by a 9V battery that works better than my Track IR Pro clip to be honest. It was easy and cheap to build, $25 in fact, and works great. No need to plug in a USB cord, I prefer batteries so I dont have to deal with yet another USB cord dangling in front of me. Best yet I can use whatever webcam I want, it is easy to remove the IR lens filter from it, slap a little slice of undeveloped film in front of it to block out non-infrared light, and I can get a far more accurate track than the standard track IR camera.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nvidia GTX Titan Pascal - i7 6700K - 960 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD - 32GB DDR4 Corsair - Corsair PSU - Saitek x52 Pro - Custom FreeTrack IR Setup - iControl for DCS

I use a Trackclip Pro with Freetrack. I love it, but the long cable is a bit of a hazard. Tripped on it yesterday and my whole headset fell to the ground, breaking my Trackclip at the pivot point. Thankfully electrical tape was sufficient enough to stick it back together.

For a great wireless setup for your Trackclip Pro you can make your self, this has been around for a little while:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92403

made by HawkeMedic

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

As Wreaking Crew mentioned, the TIR Pro Clip affixes to the headband of a headset and is wired to a USB port. That tether drove me nuts while using the Pro Clip and I finally shelved the Pro clip and returned to the hat clip.

I run my headphone and TrackClip cables through 1" Techflex, turning the whole affair into a tidy & tacticool umbilical.

dcs_sig.jpg

Check your shirt too. I live in Vegas so it's f-ing hot, and wearing those dry-fit clothes. Both Reebok and C9 have these obnoxiously reflective logos on them. Took me a while to figure out that's what was causing my wig outs.

in addition, trackclippro can work with eyeglasses at lowest threshold. the hat thingy will not be as accurate as the clippro with eyeglasses bouncing off every detail on the monitor.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

My problem with the track ir which prompted my original question seems resolved ( just closed the blinds on window, duh)but just ordered a track clip pro anyway as I want to see if I like it.....can i mount it on eyeglass frames or do I have to use a headset.....and what do you mean by "lowest threshold"... Is it adjustable in some way?