60kts crosswind landing!

mnrty

Me and a friend was fooling around in the P-51 when i decided to try a 60kts crosswind landing :joystick:

It actually worked, so we decided to make a video of it. Sorry for the talking, really fast editing!

Edited by mnrty
messed up !

lawl nice one....this reminds me of an old A-10C landing on carrier video with some crazy head wind....The wind was so strong the plane made a harrier style landing :D

P.S: hi frett :D

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I propose the United States abandon CATOBAR and instead develop a fleet of ships carrying extreme wind velocity fans that blow near hurricane winds over carrier decks allowing any airplane to be used for VTOL.

Incidentally, that A-10 vid aptly demonstrates the difference between airspeed and ground speed.

Warning: Nothing I say is automatically correct, even if I think it is.

That was impressive. I haven't flown the Mustang in a while. Pretty sure my first few landings will be pretty bad when I get back to it. Even under optimal conditions^^ xD

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2