DCS WWII: Europe 1944: Kickstarter Primer

luthier1

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

We are not here to compare other games or companies, please refrain from doing so.

Once again, it is not impatience, you mistake.

In a month it's too late. I demand to see more now, at least what has been done to date.

This is a real quickstart, See the presentation of Chris Roberts Star Citizen for example.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

People, starting a global hunt to discover where are that images in real world (no Caucasus or Crimea)

It starts with the same letter though.... wait.... I am not getting banned for revealing some secret, right? :noexpression::lol:

Edit. I'll just leave this here... good night.

Edited by GeorgeLKMT

It starts with the same letter though.... wait.... I am not getting banned for revealing some secret, right? :noexpression::lol:

Cool... I've always wanted to bomb Canada with their beady little eyes and flippy floppy heads:megalol:.... er... its not Costa Rica is it?:noexpression:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

We are not here to compare other games or companies, please refrain from doing so.

Yes , I understood you like to see me driving blind.

It was just one example among many, Even Beczl showed more than Luthier at the beginning of his project.

Last post on this subject.

Even if my English is bad, no intentions of being aggressive, sorry if that is taken as that!

I'm just very interested in this project.

Bye!! ;)

Edited by LUSO

2 you missed:

0c69e19fc5e81592d9782e5bb95c7e6e_large.jpg?1373375928

318dcb930a19e2f0e3e4a1f0c7f19308_large.jpg?1373376158

Those are examples of terrain based on EDGE technology that will also be used for the Normandy map. However, those two images are from an unannounced map that is in development.

Ok thanks!! :thumbup:

It is true that there thinking this could also be the Italian coast or French Rivera. ;)

... or somewhere inbetween. ;)

Yeah ;) I spent a lot of time flying there in FSX, although the default terrain is not that immersive, and I really can't wait to see this in DCS :thumbup: By the way I just hope that this will for DCS World and not for DCS WWII (judging by the carrier at least)

Yes , I understood you like to see me driving blind.

It was just one example among many, Even Beczl showed more than Luthier at the beginning of his project.

Last post on this subject.

Even if my English is bad, no intentions of being aggressive, sorry if that is taken as that!

I'm just very interested in this project.

Bye!! ;)

Beczl started his project as a mod for FC2. And then, after the 3rd party grant, he started to complete the Mig-21bis as a DCS standard stand-alone module so it's from there that the indiegogo campaign started. So, he already has some material to show.

Here, it sounds like it's very different. The kickstarter has begun at the very beginning of the project. It's written that the launch of this KS at the very beginning is up to ensure the development process not to be delayed.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Yeah ;) I spent a lot of time flying there in FSX, although the default terrain is not that immersive, and I really can't wait to see this in DCS :thumbup: By the way I just hope that this will for DCS World and not for DCS WWII (judging by the carrier at least)

And me I'm there almost every summer past 4 years

So Corsica...? Let me speculate that the new map will include north coast of Africa (Algeria, Tunisia, and mainly Libya). That should be great battlefield for naval ops, starring DCS: Hornet :thumbup:

Nobody knows what maximum map size will be allowed by new engine...

So Corsica...? Let me speculate that the new map will include north coast of Africa (Algeria, Tunisia, and mainly Libya). That should be great battlefield for naval ops, starring DCS: Hornet :thumbup:

Certainly could be as that would be closer to the map size we have now and most of it is water anyway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A maximum size should not be too much of a problem, technically. Look at our Georgian map atm - it covers almost the whole Black Sea costal regions. The key factor is the level of detail and how much manpower it requires to build. Besides that, I assume, that it will be a DCSWWII map and thus perhaps not as big as we might wish ...

So basically those that worked on the incompetant techdemo disaster that is Clod wan't that we put in money blindfolded again for something that's totally unproven and nearly nothing to show except some maybe ingame maybe CGI shots and could be Clod all over again; nice try but no...

You can't trust those 2 that bailed out of a still working plane that had fuel and ammuniton left...

So basically those that worked on the incompetant techdemo disaster that is Clod wan't that we put in money blindfolded again for something that's totally unproven and nearly nothing to show except some maybe ingame maybe CGI shots and could be Clod all over again; nice try but no...

You can't trust those 2 that bailed out of a still working plane that had fuel and ammuniton left...

You speak as if they released CLOD unfinished because that was their will.Seriously?Ubisoft and bad/careless publisher, does that ring a bell?How can people have no sympathy to the group that gave you at least 10 years of ww2 aircombat and then were backstabbed and shut down after they were forced to release the sim when it wasnt ready. Oh and in case you had not noticed Cliffs of Dover is going stronger than ever giving the best WW2 online aircombat available.If this kickstarter goes well then this is the true succesor to the IL2 series.Right now CLOD has that title.Just hop on on one of our Sunday Campaign missions so you can get a taste.Historical missions with 92 pilots at once and yet people keep blaming the devs for what happened:doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Bit harsh.... If you dont want to contribute fine, but why come here and dump all over these people who clearly would love to provide us with the best possible WWII simulation experience, before you have even seen the product. I have some doubts too but I'm in to support the possibility of such a great, grand idea and will reserve judgment until its released.

Edited by Rangi
spelling and drunkeness

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist. (Salman Rushdie)

Btw the truth is mostly harsh, mostly...

@Royraiden...

You rather have that I blame my janitor for the incompetence and failure of Clod than those two that were part of the devs/management, are you that biast, are you?

Edited by LosT_SouL_VL

@Lost Soul,

Since ED is obviously backing this project, chill down.

Also, it seems the basic package (game + 3 airplanes) will be free. Or you put in $10 and get access to beta testing.

That doesn't sound like that much of a gamble to me.

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist. (Salman Rushdie)

Btw the truth is mostly harsh, mostly...

@Royraiden...

You rather have that I blame my janitor for the incompetancy and failure of Clod than those two that were part of the devs/management, are you that biast, are you?

What have you got to lose? It is going to be free.

Nate