Slick, Radar ALT, CM released?

ebabil

To use the Pilot's sight you have to first pull it down (RSHIFT + M or click on the locking lever), then turn the sight on (click on silver switch behind the sight), then turn up the brightness (mouse roll the brightness knob on left side of the sight).

We'll tidy this up of course, still a bit rough.

^^^ this is what i was talking about that they apparently changed

Huh? Change what? That temporary 2-circles-1-dot thingy that floated around the windshield? You're not serious now, aren't you?

Hard to access but it works!

socrgy, do you prefer to have every button modeled or just a semi simulated helicopter?

what i'd prefer, is if more effort was put into the flight model of the aircraft and how it actually flies, the AI door gunners when the game is released, and the fact that DCS still does not utilize multi core CPUs well (from the information i've found) and doesnt like multi-GPUs (specifically crossfire).

i'm not saying this is a semi-simulated helicopter. however, IMHO, those changes to the gun sight weren't necessary and should have been very low on the priority list, compared to the other things that have been messed up in update 1.2.6.

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.6 | BeQuiet DarkRockPro 3 | MSI GTX 980 | G.Skill 16GB 1866MHz | ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 | Samsung 840 Evo 250GB

Core i7 3610QM @2.3GHz | GTX 660M 2GB | 8GB 1600MHz | MSI GE-60 0ND laptop

Hard to access but it works!

socrgy, do you prefer to have every button modeled or just a semi simulated helicopter?

I just found out, the switch is actually reachable from the seat!

attachment.php?attachmentid=87114&stc=1&d=1378351727

The mouse pointer is not visible on the screen shot, but if you click at the area I marked, it works! Just be sure you have tuned up the brightness before (a bit of where I marked the on/off switch) as otherwise you would not know if you actually hit or missed the switch.

Screen_130905_052600.jpg.9ab8e3b875023c7a068af2d35cf8a5dc.jpg

^^^ this is what i was talking about that they apparently changed

what i'd prefer, is if more effort was put into the flight model of the aircraft and how it actually flies, the AI door gunners when the game is released, and the fact that DCS still does not utilize multi core CPUs well (from the information i've found) and doesnt like multi-GPUs (specifically crossfire).

i'm not saying this is a semi-simulated helicopter. however, IMHO, those changes to the gun sight weren't necessary and should have been very low on the priority list, compared to the other things that have been messed up in update 1.2.6.

What's wrong with the flight model? It is different now - so it must be wrong now and must have been correct before?

And what have DCS world problems to do with the Belsimtek Huey? Neither multi core nor crossfire issues are in the responsibility of Belsimtek.

And the necessity of completing a component/device that was only half done before ... you ARE just trolling atm, right?

After a short time with the update I have to say that I really, REALLY like the new flight dynamics.

Discovered how to hit the hidden sight on-off switch as shown above. I like the sight

Still haven't figured out how to turn on the Radar Alt after an auto-start if anyone can help with that

The new Slick model is well..... slick

After a short time with the update I have to say that I really, REALLY like the new flight dynamics.

Discovered how to hit the hidden sight on-off switch as shown above. I like the sight

Still haven't figured out how to turn on the Radar Alt after an auto-start if anyone can help with that

The new Slick model is well..... slick

Yeah. Now the movements of the collective actually _mean_ something, hehe. Before, just 1 mm of movement made the difference of life or death (VRS). I don't know if that is the reason, but now even I am able to land. Reproducibly. Where I want. Always. Well, mostly. :o)

I just assume, the current model is again more realistic than the previous one. It really feels better - for me, the Huey now "feels" like it always "looks" in all those movies.

Yeah. Now the movements of the collective actually _mean_ something, hehe. Before, just 1 mm of movement made the difference of life or death (VRS). I don't know if that is the reason, but now even I am able to land. Reproducibly. Where I want. Always. Well, mostly. :o)

I just assume, the current model is again more realistic than the previous one. It really feels better - for me, the Huey now "feels" like it always "looks" in all those movies.

Agree. The more time I spend with the changes the better I like them. I also figured out how to turn on the Radar Alt after an auto-start (Rt Shift-R and have the low height setting off zero)

Also after an auto-start you have to manually crank up the throttle it seems and wait 30 seconds or so till the low rpm goes out.

Agree. The more time I spend with the changes the better I like them. I also figured out how to turn on the Radar Alt after an auto-start (Rt Shift-R and have the low height setting off zero)

Also after an auto-start you have to manually crank up the throttle it seems and wait 30 seconds or so till the low rpm goes out.

Thank goodness you guys are posting all this info. How are you guys figuring all of this out?

My only gripe is that these changes/instructions are not documented except within a post in this thread which will contunue to grow.

314-я смешанная авиационная дивизия

314th Mixed Aviation Division: The "Fighting Lemmings"- Forums: http://314thsquadron.enjin.com/ - ED Forum Group: http://forums.eagle.ru/group.php?groupid=119

Since we are talking about small bugs here and there, I found this one. It looks like the skin changes from the Australian NASA skin to dark green as you zoom out.

Here are a couple of screen shots.

Other than that, I'm loving this module and can't wait for the next one.:thumbup:

Screen_130904_213215.thumb.jpg.1596e219ad7fc69e5036ce9ff413a0c6.jpg

Screen_130904_213218.thumb.jpg.72f3a5924cbdc173613cb80dc5a34102.jpg

Thank goodness you guys are posting all this info. How are you guys figuring all of this out?

My only gripe is that these changes/instructions are not documented except within a post in this thread which will contunue to grow.

Mostly you just jump in and start poking at things, pushing buttons and twisting knobs. Not like you can actually break a real Huey.

And of course read the posts from other guys. I didn't know about going in to delete the current keyboard.lua for the Huey which was a good thing to do.

And it is still a Beta so I wouldn't expect a lot of info in docs that would just have to get re-written later. And this is one of the prime uses of these forums, to help each other out

Edited by lorenzoj

You already figured out to turn on the radar altimeter, but just for completion, the power switch is on the overhead panel behind the circuit breakers.

Greetiings

MadCat

Thanks MadCat. The popup just says to turn the left knob on the instrument but that only works AFTER you've put power to it ( Rt-Shift R or your overhead switch )

I wonder, how it would be possible to play through Elbrus Rescue now ;) Funny thing, when I chose to rearm slick with standard loadout, heli changed to gunship, with flare dispensers, exhaust deflector and stuff ;)

Pilot gunsight can be lowered manually, by clicking on it.

I did not try the Elbrus Rescue mission but I did climb the mountain and was able to take off after landing. Something that was not possible previously.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Since we are talking about small bugs here and there, I found this one. It looks like the skin changes from the Australian NASA skin to dark green as you zoom out.

Here are a couple of screen shots.

Hm. weird. All of my Hueys are dark green after 1.2.6. No matter which paint scheme I select (at least from US ones, didn't tried other countries), it always ends having olive green paint.

Repair function does not help.

Anyone else having this? Thanks!

Hm. weird. All of my Hueys are dark green after 1.2.6. No matter which paint scheme I select (at least from US ones, didn't tried other countries), it always ends having olive green paint.

Repair function does not help.

Anyone else having this? Thanks!

Haven't played with the skins since 1.2.6 too much, but actually I got the default(?) red/white Bell/Textron skin when I had selected "Army Ft. Rucker".

Haven't played with the skins since 1.2.6 too much, but actually I got the default(?) red/white Bell/Textron skin when I had selected "Army Ft. Rucker".

The Army Ft. Rucker skin doesn't have the right textures in the liveries folder, it only has the red/white Bell/Textron textures.

The Australian Helo's description.lua's are missing these lines

{"civ_uh1_main_dam", 0, "civ_uh1.bmp", true};

{"civ_uh1_main_dam", 2, "civ_uh1_spec.bmp", true};

{"civ_uh1_tail_dam", 0, "civ_uh1_tail.bmp", true};

{"civ_uh1_tail_dam", 2, "civ_uh1_tail_spec.bmp", true};

{"civ_uh1_main", 0, "civ_uh1.bmp", true};

{"civ_uh1_main", 2, "civ_uh1_spec.bmp", true};

{"civ_uh1_tail", 0, "civ_uh1_tail.bmp", true};

{"civ_uh1_tail", 2, "civ_uh1_tail_spec.bmp", true};

Before I added them the textures weren't showing in ModelViewer.exe. I added them and the textures appear fine now, I haven't tested in game but if it looks OK in MV it should be cool in game. That is if those lines are meant to be there at all.

Love the slick version, however is there any chance of having an option in the mission editor to select a slick version that has door gunners? Meaning that the blank selection keeps the completely unarmed slick Huey, a door gunner selection (slick with M60s), and then the full rocket/minigun gunship option.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Love the slick version, however is there any chance of having an option in the mission editor to select a slick version that has door gunners? Meaning that the blank selection keeps the completely unarmed slick Huey, a door gunner selection (slick with M60s), and then the full rocket/minigun gunship option.

Yeah, the door gunners should be implemented as selectable "pylon" on the loadout page of the mission editor. The mountings for the other weapons should be also part of the selection. So one could choose the weapon and the mounting would be added automatically, too, or one chooses only an empty mounting (similar to the selectable empty LAU-105 or BRU-42LS of the A-10).

I like the new changes.

The reduced engine power make the huey just more comfortable to fly.

After i understood how to use the new reticle, i even like it more, cause it looks and feel much more real.

Very good work BST :thumbup:

The Mi-8 ist ist surely the next on my shopping list.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

I wonder, how it would be possible to play through Elbrus Rescue now ;) Funny thing, when I chose to rearm slick with standard loadout, heli changed to gunship, with flare dispensers, exhaust deflector and stuff ;)

Pilot gunsight can be lowered manually, by clicking on it.

It's not possible, that mission is broken for now.

Nate