Performance in 1.2.6

JayPee

I think this deserves a general topic..

I did the update and got the MI 8.

My FPS went from the 40's down to 12 with the Huey and I am at 10 with the MI-8cry.gif

I am going to reinstall from scratch and see if that helps

Hi,

In my PC i can run everything very nice and fast with no problems even with high settings, BUT when i do a ground attack with full auto cannons or multi-rockets attack (for example with the Mi8 ) the explosions and smokes destroy all my fps even with all settings at low and turned off.

The only mod that i use is the "options.graphics.maxfps = 30" on the autoexec.cfg.

How can i fix this? there are any option for the autoexec.cfg file that drasticaly reduce the quality of explosions to not turn a cannon attack as a slideshow?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Tercio

I also noticed my framerate has gone down since 1.2.6

Same problem too. FPS drops 10+ in airfield even if there is only one jet on the runaway. And I also found that the game became easily no response after you press Alt+TAB to desktop. Really sucks!

Hey guys, first post here, anyone dropping frames in the A10c after the patch?

Losing around 15fps in action (locked it at 45 for smooth track ir), doesn't seem to be visuals related, more CPU.

Just don't know if its worth a full reinstall or its just something in the patch.

Also load times are longer but still ok and have had crashes from generated missions back to the front end.

Just noticed that some of my missions have stutters in v1.2.6 as well. Haven't played them in a while now, but am pretty certain they ran without hiccups in v1.2.5. Arrrgh...helpsmilie.gif

I too am having these issues. Especially when effects like lightning and smoke come in, at points where I didn't have any FPS drops in 1.2.5. Seeing as more people suffer from this, I think it'd be fair if ED could give a reaction. Also, can we download the full 1.2.5 install until this is fixed? This gives us the possibility to double check whether it is the update to 1.2.6 or not as well.

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

• ED Team

I am pinning my hopes on true multicore support, I just wish we knew how long a time frame we are looking at.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

My system handles anything so I cannot rly comment on this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus P8Z77-M PRO // Core i7 -3770K@ 4300MHz // 8GB DDR3 1600 Kingston HyperX Blu // x4 WD Black HDD RAID0 // GeForce GTX 660 Ti x3 SLI /// Sound Blaster EVO ZXR Headphones /// Logitech K800 KB // Logitech G700 Mouse // TrackIR with

:D:D Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog :D:D

I've noticed a very significant drop in FPS with 1.2.6, too. I've never really had a problem with performance in the past, but it's really chugging now - especially around airfields.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

I've noticed a very significant drop in FPS with 1.2.6, too. I've never really had a problem with performance in the past, but it's really chugging now - especially around airfields.

:cry: My frame rate hasn't changed from 40+ fps since upgrading to 1.2.6, but my system crash rate has! Initially all seemed OK but today I have yet to complete a take-off. I have tried three times so far and each time my system has crashed to 'black screen'. :helpsmilie:

Alpine Systems PC with Intel i7-2600K @ 3.40/3.70 GHz. NVidia GTX590 Graphics. 24 Gb RAM (24 Gb usable!). 64 bit. Windows 7 PRO SP1. 3 x Samsung P2370 monitors. Thrustmaster HOTAS. TrackIR5. :joystick:

To ED,

I think I speak for all of us when I say I'd would like to see a solution as soon as possible. Up untill then, would you provide us with a mirror or torrent for the latest 1.2.5.xxx World installer and A-10C installer? Again, this also grants all of us the possibility to double check and even to help rule out possible factors reducing FPS and/or creating crashes.

For me 1.2.6 brings a crash at the start of all missions.

I do have a crap system but 1.2.5 was very much playable in single player and even online to some extent.

Please ED make multi core support or a patch that improves performance.

Edited by otto

Gentlemen I point you to 'The 3 R's of 1.2.6' thread:

1. Try "Repair DCS World" - go to <Start> then to

"/Eagle Dynamics/DCS World" and click on "Repair DCS World".

or

2. Rename the "DCS Saved Games" folder

go to ... User/Saved Games/ and rename the DCS folder to "DCS1"

then restart game

or

3. Do a complete uninstall/re-install, but do consider the rename option above as well.

These suggestions appear to have solved many of the crashes being experienced.

Alpine Systems PC with Intel i7-2600K @ 3.40/3.70 GHz. NVidia GTX590 Graphics. 24 Gb RAM (24 Gb usable!). 64 bit. Windows 7 PRO SP1. 3 x Samsung P2370 monitors. Thrustmaster HOTAS. TrackIR5. :joystick:

Here are some related posts.... I'm thinking the past couple of versions of DCS.exe are just chewing up more memory.....

My computer shutdown with 1.2.6

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=113318

Memory leak in DCS?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=113301

DCS has stopped working. 1.2.6

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=113275

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

As much as I appreciate the intention to help, a 3R is not going to help with FPS/instability if a conflict exists between the installed software and the hardware it has to run on.

I have horrendous pauses in the action - for several seconds at a time.

Otherwise my framerates are the same as with 1.2.6 - in the 50's.

This evening I realised that the Mi-8 is causing this.

Every time when it comes into view the stuttering and pausing start. If I switch to a view where the Mi-8 is not onscreen, I get my full, smooth 50+fps.

If I use F2 to switch around the aircraft, before showing the Hip, it takes several seconds for the view to be cached, and the stuttering is bad when it is in view - again, when I switch away to the next aircraft the problems stop. This happens in tracks, too.

As there doesn't seem to be any acknowledgement of a problem (for a change...) or mention of a fix or update on the way soon, I am going to switch back to 1.2.5 until it's sorted. This issue is completely ruining my enjoyment and I don't even want the durn Hip!

Not at $50/£32 anyway.

Edited by JD_LincsUK

Never had any issues with frame rate before but I just came back to DCS after the summer and the FPS fluctuations are horrible! And they show up without warning. It is not my system - it is 1.2.6 that suffers from flaws. You find my PC specs below.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

This evening I realised that the Mi-8 is causing this.

Every time when it comes into view the stuttering and pausing start. If I switch to a view where the Mi-8 is not onscreen, I get my full, smooth 50+fps.

If I use F2 to switch around the aircraft, before showing the Hip, it takes several seconds for the view to be cached, and the stuttering is bad when it is in view - again, when I switch away to the next aircraft the problems stop. This happens in tracks, too.

As there doesn't seem to be any acknowledgement of a problem (for a change...) or mention of a fix or update on the way soon, I am going to switch back to 1.2.5 until it's sorted. This issue is completely ruining my enjoyment and I don't even want the durn Hip!

Not at $50/£32 anyway.

Do you have a link for the 1.2.5 World + A10C module installation source?

Make sure your GPU isn't overheating.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Do you have a link for the 1.2.5 World + A10C module installation source?

'fraid not at the moment - but I did see one recently to go back to 1.2.5 either here or at SimHQ.

It's a command line you can use, I think - have to ask my old friend, Google for another favour ;)

edit: I found it:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3831974/Re_DCS_World_1_2_6_17746_is_Li#Post3831974

can't vouch for the validity, as I haven't used that myself.

If it doesn't work, I'll have to see which is the latest version I have - if it's pre-Huey then I'll do without the UH-1 until the problem is sorted.

Edited by JD_LincsUK

Verified. If you want to get 1.2.5 back for now, run:

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS_updater.exe" update 1.2.5

Given that you did not alter default paths.

It'll re-download 1.2.5 files if it doesn't find them locally. Downloaded a rough 1.5Gb and I'm back to 1.2.5.

No more FPS drops so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I must add myselt to this thread as I got performance problems with 1.2.6 and the Mi-8 modulde from Belsimtek.

Loading is not the major issue for me. It is stuttering and buffering ingame,

Changing view and panning around causes seconds long freezes that didn't occur with earlier versions and other modules.

Hardwarespecs as in signature

• ED Team

as a squadron we have returned to 1.2.4 until 1.2.6 is more stable

I just wish we had the new Engine to help with performance issues, as usual ATI user taking a massive hit with smoke and dust. Its nice getting all these new effects but the old engine is showing its age now.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I've added a single unit to a blank map and inside the cockpit I drop to 18-24 fps. It's awful. Outside the aircraft it jumps up to over 60fps.

4770k @ 4.3ghz

8GB ram @ 1866mhz

GTX 680 4 GB

DCS on SSD

Argh!

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I've added a single unit to a blank map and inside the cockpit I drop to 18-24 fps. It's awful. Outside the aircraft it jumps up to over 60fps.

4770k @ 4.3ghz

8GB ram @ 1866mhz

GTX 680 4 GB

DCS on SSD

Argh!

I've worked on this a bit and it was an issue across all sims. cpu and gpu sitting idle while the fps is really bad. I've since done a completely cold reboot and i'm back up over 60FPS under the same test. go figure.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I am playing on 3 monitors, each 1920x1080, and I usually fly the A-10C. I get around 40FPS on highest settings. I've got pretty much everything maxed out. I haven't really noticed a performance decrease, but it could be possible, since I didn't check my fps in 1.2.5 or any of the previous versions since I got my new computer.

I did notice that my 3 monitor setup worked much better in 1.2.6 than 1.2.5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]