The Logo thread!

mazex

And I updated the main thread with this variation...

Large:

ckq3.png

Icon:

2sx8.png

And yes - I know there should be no country specific stuff - but you could change the roundel in future addons :)

I like it! So far I like the progression from what you started with to your current version. :thumbup:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it! So far I like the progression from what you started with to your current version. :thumbup:

Thanks :) Doing stuff like this as a hobbyist is progressive work... ;) Give us some weeks and it may get somewhere...

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

Thank you! I did a slight edit to it and I'll think over this weekend if something more could be done to it, but I'll probably leave it as it is... However, looking forward to see more submissions in there :)

also show it in maybe a green/blue combo

And a bit more updating... Getting a bit overdone now ;)

Large 300px:

7sy3.png

Icon 72px:

6g54.png

Icon 32px:

qpjs.png

Edited by mazex

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

And as an example of what I mean by changing the roundel - a quick version of a pacific 1943 version (yes - the "sun" needs more work ;))

wzpt.png

Edited by mazex

And as an example of what I mean by changing the roundel - a quick version of a pacific 1943 version (yes - the "sun" needs more work ;))

wzpt.png

Thats almost perfect, only thing I would change would be the WW2 font as it looks out of place.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thats almost perfect, only thing I would change would be the WW2 font as it looks out of place.

Thanks! But I would not say the font is all out of place... You know the name of the font?

RAF_WW2_851ATH ;)

Look at the W on the Lancaster below:

avro_lancaster_flypast_by_davy59-d2ykpsk.jpg

Or the Hurricane here:

BBMF22.jpg

Edited by mazex

Thanks! But I would not say the font is all out of place... You know the name of the font?

RAF_WW2_851ATH ;)

Look at the W on the Lancaster below:

avro_lancaster_flypast_by_davy59-d2ykpsk.jpg

Or the Hurricane here:

BBMF22.jpg

I could understand the relation, but when I said out of place I meant that it doesnt look good on the icon( my opinion of course), at least the "W".By the way dont forget that this is DCS WW2, not DCS RAF :P

Edited by Royraiden

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why not make a worn postage stamp with proper font and theme from that era? It should represent some sort of a recruitment for the war. Also, that DCS font kills it for me. It looks odd for that era. Look at the FC3 icon; that is a good looking icon without the cheese.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I could understand the relation, but when I said out of place I meant that it doesnt look good on the icon( my opinion of course), at least the "W".By the way dont forget that this is DCS WW2, not DCS RAF :P

I hear what you say and will try some other variations, the WW II text is really troublesome to get right. The combination of two w:s topped with the Roman 2 easily just becomes a mess of semi vertical "bars"... And in most fonts the W is very wide so getting the font large enough to see in a small icon while staying in a square background is tough. The reason that the RAF font looked like it did is probably just that. To get the letter large enough but not taking up half the fuselage side? And besides a W where all bars are full height is easily messed up from distance looking like two I:s etc?

So I actually stopped at this font while "looping" over different fonts I had on my computer to find a W that could do. I have had it for years since doing some IL2 skins years ago. I then realized it was that RAF font :-)

And as that font looks very much "aircraft WW2" for me that have used it previously it's easy to get stuck :-) If most other people just thinks it looks out of place it's no use that I get a WW2 feeling from it ;-)

I guess it's time to put some time with the path tool and draw my own W letter...

And it would be a lot easier if the title was WW 2 as that gets less "messy"... I mean the four letter "word" WW II has ten friggin vertical "bars"... We have enough "bar" discussions here to let's leave it there :-)

Edited by mazex

How about keep it as it is just remove the roundel behind it?

Will do a variant like that tonight.

How about keep it as it is just remove the roundel behind it?

Gets too boring in my opinion... ?

Large:

jllz.png

72px:

3hf0.png

Edited by mazex

OK another font:

Large:

3883.png

Icon 72px:

a0pf.png

And... I looped on through my fonts and liked this one... And saw it was USAAF_Stencil ;)

Edited by mazex

And to not be accused for political incorrectness... Here is a version with the Luftwaffe font:

"Blockschrift für Flugzeuge" ;)

300px:

y2p7.png

72px:

wkkl.png

Edited by mazex