SU-25T Training

Drippy

Hello,

I have a strange problem.

I was going through the new SU-25T training missions and I have an issue.

I was doing the the Weapons deployment and my Skvil would not lock.

The mission starts in active pause and has you uncage the camera and lock a tank on the abandoned runway.

I have never had problems locking before. (During missions).

Because of this issue the mission would not go to the next step and take the plane off active pause and let me engage the targets.

I zoomed in, Moved me shkivl all around the target. Changed my gate size from way to small to way to big. Nothing would work.

Has anybody else had troubles with the new training missions??.

I have flown the SU for some time but I wanted to see officially how to do some things. Plus just check out the new stuff in the update.

Drippy

It Appears a Few of the missions are flawed.. here is my Findings:

1. Shkval Directed Weapons

1a. Shkval Sensor Kh-29T & Kab 500Kn

a. When directed to lock tank with Enter the mission does NOT procede.. Even After I pressed Enter on the keyboard..

2. Kh29L, Kh-25ML & S25L Laser Guided missile..

a When directed to Lock Tank with ENTER Key Mission Stops and does NOT proccede.. Even After I pressed Enter on the keyboard..

3. Vikhr Laser Guided Missile & Mercury Pod.

a. When directed to LOCK thank with ENTER Key mission Stops and does NOT procede.. Even after I pressed Enter on the keyboard..

4. Missile Defense & Attack..

a. When instructed to Lock the SA6 up with the Enter Key the mission training ends (No More Instructions) I am able to shoot the sa6 and all but I get NO further Instruction form the instructor..

Now I did these Missions by the Book and waited until I was qued to press the corresponding buttons and I did press the keyboard just incase these missions did NOT procede to the next Step.. I pressed Enter on the keyboard several times, I also tried adjusting the kill box nothing made the mission procede..

I do Believe these are bugged I tried it several times and they stopped at the same spots All 4 times..

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

I found a fix for the Enter Key not working.

When I checked in controls I found a second "Lock Target" collumn but it was greyed out.

I could map it to my Thrustmaster MFD for some reason.

I set it to OSB1 and when that part of the mission came up I used OSB1 to get my lock. That would let the training continue. My normal lock button still worked but It would not allow me to continue in the training mission.

My new issue is weapons release not working on training. I have everything lined up. Laser on/ Laser off no difference, space bar on my keyboard or my trigger. I get no weapons release with Vikhr or CCIP bombing. I havent tried the other laser missle training.

Hope at least the enter fix helps some people.

Has anybody else had the " No release problem?"

Drippy, are you holding the weapons release button down for two or more seconds? A quick press will not release weapons.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

I found a fix for the Enter Key not working.

When I checked in controls I found a second "Lock Target" collumn but it was greyed out.

I could map it to my Thrustmaster MFD for some reason.

I set it to OSB1 and when that part of the mission came up I used OSB1 to get my lock. That would let the training continue. My normal lock button still worked but It would not allow me to continue in the training mission.

My new issue is weapons release not working on training. I have everything lined up. Laser on/ Laser off no difference, space bar on my keyboard or my trigger. I get no weapons release with Vikhr or CCIP bombing. I havent tried the other laser missle training.

Hope at least the enter fix helps some people.

Has anybody else had the " No release problem?"

Well While that may be a workaround for some. I don't think that is going to do it for me or at least because, I use a modified key and joystick file and the entry you mention is NOT there anymore??

I am using a TARGET Profile that uses a ingame keyboard and joystick custom file. so I am unsure how to see the Other ENTER Command..

It, is there when I don't enable the Target Profile butwhen I do it is not there. so they need to fix the trigger or at least have it so you can press space bar to continue with mission??

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

It appears that the following entry was added to the default line for Target Lock:

up = iCommandPlaneChangeLockUp,

I'll update my joystick profiles and try again.

EDIT: is this something that was applied only to the Su-25T, or do we need to rebuild our controller profiles for other FC3 aircraft as well?

Edited by Home Fries

I'll answer my question for the benefit of others:

All FC3 planes now have the following line in their default.lua files:

joystick:

{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN3'}}, down = iCommandPlaneChangeLock, up = iCommandPlaneChangeLockUp, name = 'Target Lock', category = 'Sensors'},

keyboard:

{combos = {{key = 'Enter'}}, down = iCommandPlaneChangeLock, up = iCommandPlaneChangeLockUp, name = 'Target Lock', category = 'Sensors'},

So, the answer is "yes."

• 2 months later...

I've been having similar issues as others here. In the Gun training mission and laser guided missile training video it locks fine and all, but the fire button is dead. Nothing happens (regardless if using space bar or joystick).

In the Shkval and Anti-Radar trainings it works fine..

Someone might remember me as 'FlyingRussian' from the Ubisoft Lock-On forum back in '03

• 1 month later...

I just downloaded this game and have put in just a few hours on it ...had some issues and got them sorted out so I thought I would try a training mission. I am having the same problem with the space bar not releasing the guided rockets in the Su 25T Training...Shkval Directed Weapons .... Shkval Sensor with Kh-247 and Kar-500 Kr. I am right now downloading the update that is available in this training section .... it will take hours because of my connection download speed of about 110 kb/sec.

Hoping the update has a fix.

Hi HiJack

Got ya. I had completed the download of the update and ran through the same training mission as above before seeing your post..... and the rocket work fine ... held space bar down longer this time. I finally got the bomb to release by holding down the space bar a long time... after several no go attempts and running out of fuel. I came here to update my success and I see your post with the suggestion. I wonder if your method would have worked with the old training mission? Oh well, it is working now. I seem to find it a very realistic and challenging sim but with a few bugs that I'm getting sorted by searching the forum ... and from help from members which great. One thing I found out from looking around and is a bit unsettling is that my AMD Radeon HD 6900 card may not be the best fit for this game which is a shame....several posts of frame rate drops experienced by others with the AMD cards.

Thanks again

pensioned

Glad I could help. I have the AMD 7970 and that works fine but I guess this is a GPU fight that never will end. It will switch to and from on who has the best GPU card. There are also big differences between the different distributors of GPU cards. And nVidia is good for one game and AMD may be best for another game.