DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Now that I read it again, a third alternative (probably even better than the second, at least) can be:

- H2 UP will perform AA Designate, unchanged from current profile

- Slew Control Push performs Magic Slave / AG Designate / INS Position Update, unchanged from current profile

- H4 Push won't do Target Unlock / Special Mode Deselect anymore, but will switch TWS / STT

- Shift + H4 UP or DOWN perform Target Unlock / Special Mode Deselect, unchanged from current profile

But Shift + TDC Press to switch STT/TWS sounds reasonable too, although as you said, given the sensitivity, the less you touch the slew with the finger, the better.

Speaking of the slew sensitivity, I really know the pain. Have you ever considered to add some deadzone in the LUA? Every time I happen to reapply the profile (I know there should be no need, but you know, from time to time I also do some experiments that always fail abruptly :D) I have to remember to fine tune all the axis...

Edited by Lorthirk

The FAST middleware is fairly unstable and will crash under high CPU loads, and will become more unstable with repeated profile loading and unloading. You're right that it's way overdue for a fix. The bug that causes crashes whenever 2 LEDs are changed at the same time has been there from day 1 (and one of the reasons the LED programming is as tricky as it is where I put in 50ms delays for every LED action).

All,

Here's an update on version 2.44:

2.44 is functionally complete and has been thoroughly tested. I was hoping to have it out by now, but the transition to 2.5.6 breaks some script compatibility with 2.5.5. As many people are still using 2.5.5 for multiplayer stability, I am hesitant to release the update until either 2.5.6 becomes more multiplayer-stable or is released on the Stable Branch.

Additionally, societal effects from the Wuhan Coronavirus has increased my real-life workload, further affecting my release timeline. As a result, I can't say exactly when 2.44 will be released, only that it is ready to go and will be released when the time is right.

Some things to look forward with 2.44:

• Revamped VR mapping to take advantage of keyboard commands (no more VR0 and VR1 diff.luas).
  • Near-global mapping of VR Zoom, Spyglass Zoom, and Rudder Trim in lieu of SnapViews for VR users.
  • Pickle and Trigger Safety switches added to C-101.
  • Emergency Throttle added to the M-2000C (Warthog only).
  • External Lighting and UFCP functionality added to JF-17.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

All,

Today I updated the DNS address for CTS. Please run the CTS updater as a normal update. This should pull the new DNS into the config file before the old DNS address expires. You'll know you were successful if the first line reads "DNS Update" in the text once you finish the update.

Be sure to do this for both the 2.5.x and legacy versions of CTS. I will also be updating the installer soon as well to reflect this change.

Brother Mower, it's been a while!

Using Foxy shouldn't be an issue. ANTELEV is mapped to one of the sliders (can't remember which one), so just go into the DCS Options menu, select controllers, select F-16C, select the Axis category, then find the Antenna Elevation axis. Select the axis in the Cougar column and move the ANTELEV knob until it maps to the axis.

Thanks for the heads-up on this change.

I definitely want to keep target lock on H2U because TDC Press will often slew the cursor for warthog users. I'll definitely have a shift/tempo function for TDC Press and STT/TWS toggle, but I'll have to see what works best. I may have it as selectable in CTS options as well. I'll have to play with it when it changes to see what works best.

Hey man,

The M2000 changes have been published today in OpenBeta 2.5.6.45317.

I confirm that TDC Center has been REPLACED by TDC Depress (Lock Target), so we don't have the TDC Center anymore.

TWS/STT switch is on its own now.

So, with the current setup, I have S3+TDC Press to lock target, and H4 Up to switch TWS/STT. I'll try to live with that until an update.

Edited by Lorthirk

Today, I updated CTS to the latest version, (2.430), as well as updated DCS to v. 2.5.6.45317. Additionally, I purchased the F-16C module, after the free-trial period. Currently, when I build and run a CTS script for the F-16C, a constant "h" key input is being sent from my Warthog. I am able to open DCS by running as administrator, and this behavior temporarily stops.If I kill the TARGET app, the behavior stops. It seems that other aircraft profiles do not exhibit this behavior. I've tried restarting, and unplugging the HOTAS, but the behavior re-occurs, whenever I re-build the F-16C script and run. In light of world-events, i realize there are for more pressing matters, I just wanted to bring this to your attention. Thanks!

Hey man,

The M2000 changes have been published today in OpenBeta 2.5.6.45317.

I confirm that TDC Center has been REPLACED by TDC Depress (Lock Target), so we don't have the TDC Center anymore.

TWS/STT switch is on its own now.

So, with the current setup, I have S3+TDC Press to lock target, and H4 Up to switch TWS/STT. I'll try to live with that until an update.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll fix this ASAP.

I just bought the CEII and the Yak52, which are not yet supported. In the documentation, I read that you can use the generic DirectX profile, but if you want to use it for different airplanes, with different number of engines, landing gear behavior, etc... do you have to duplicate this profile? And if yes, how would you do?

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

When I launch the profile, I get the following error

Error: (internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_0404"

I did a full update and retried, but same error...

Is there something I could try before reinstalling CTS from scratch?

my config: Warthog stick+throttle, MFG rudder, 2 MFDs

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

I just bought the CEII and the Yak52, which are not yet supported. In the documentation, I read that you can use the generic DirectX profile, but if you want to use it for different airplanes, with different number of engines, landing gear behavior, etc... do you have to duplicate this profile? And if yes, how would you do?

The DirectX profile is intended as a catch-all for modules that don’t have specific profiles. It just has DirectX buttons and modifier combinations along with the global profile conventions (e.g. landing gear, flaps, wheel brakes, etc.).

You can assign the engines and aircraft type in CTS but this is fixed. You can not duplicate the profile and have 2 DirectX profiles. However, since both the Yak and CE are single engine prop you should be ok sharing them, though the yak has retractable gear and the CE is fixed.

Honestly, the DirectX was something I put in early on that I haven’t really kept up as it never seems to get used.

When I launch the profile, I get the following error

Error: (internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_0404"

I did a full update and retried, but same error...

Is there something I could try before reinstalling CTS from scratch?

my config: Warthog stick+throttle, MFG rudder, 2 MFDs

That’s probably it not finding the F18 stick. Nothing to worry about.

That’s probably it not finding the F18 stick. Nothing to worry about.

I reinstalled CTS from scratch, redownloaded everything (full update), but still gets this issue. The profile starts indeed and let me switch planes, but my warthog throttle is not recognized in DCS.

So I checked further and this ID for which there's an error corresponds to my Warthog throttle. It's no longer integrated into the virtual controller, but stays separate.

I reinstalled CTS from scratch, redownloaded everything (full update), but still gets this issue. The profile starts indeed and let me switch planes, but my warthog throttle is not recognized in DCS.

So I checked further and this ID for which there's an error corresponds to my Warthog throttle. It's no longer integrated into the virtual controller, but stays separate.

Could be a Windows 10 issue with the Microsoft Store that causes duplicate controllers and may prevent integration. I’m at work right now, but there is a link to that thread in the CTS Setup PDF (troubleshooting appendix).

Could be a Windows 10 issue with the Microsoft Store that causes duplicate controllers and may prevent integration. I’m at work right now, but there is a link to that thread in the CTS Setup PDF (troubleshooting appendix).

Thanks so much!!!! That solved the issue! :thumbup:

Hey Home Fries!

2 days ago I decided to get back to DCS, and of course I spent the last 2 days setting up my rig, MFD Exports, Monitor configuration and my controls!

I searched for a profile for the Huey, but then I came across CTS and boy am I blown away. Everyone working on CTS deserves a medal! I just finished, setting up all my flying machines to work with my Warthog + the Cougar MFDs.

I also got me MFDisplay (MFD 4 CTS), which works great too, but with a tiny tiny problem.

When I switch between FC3 Aircrafts, somehow MFDisplay does not seem to get the trigger, to switch the Aircraft. It triggers for every other module I have, but whichever FC3 Aircraft I select in CTS, MFDisplay stays at the FC3 SU25T.

I suspect it has something to do that the overlays and control schema pictures all reside in the same directory for FC3, but I am not sure.

I can still switch the settings in MFDisplay by hand, of course. Having it switch correctly also for the FC3 Aircrafts would be the icing on the cake, but I am not complaining.

The amount of hours you saved me from setting up the controls for each Aircraft now can all be used for actual flying. So Thank you very much to you and all the people contributing to CTS! :thumbup:

I searched for a profile for the Huey, but then I came across CTS and boy am I blown away. Everyone working on CTS deserves a medal! I just finished, setting up all my flying machines to work with my Warthog + the Cougar MFDs.

<..>

The amount of hours you saved me from setting up the controls for each Aircraft now can all be used for actual flying. So Thank you very much to you and all the people contributing to CTS! :thumbup:

Thanks for the compliment!

When I switch between FC3 Aircrafts, somehow MFDisplay does not seem to get the trigger, to switch the Aircraft. It triggers for every other module I have, but whichever FC3 Aircraft I select in CTS, MFDisplay stays at the FC3 SU25T.

The MFD insert is the same for all FC3 aircraft. The only change you'll see between FC3 aircraft is if you have the HOTAS overlay displayed with MFDisplay. No problem there!

2.44 is released for DCS 2.5.6 users only.

There are enough controller lua changes between DCS 2.5.5 and 2.5.6 that many aircraft don't have 100% compatibility between versions (probably closer to 90%). As such, only update if you are running the Openbeta or you are Jonesing for the VR improvements (at which point, don't use the LUA mods and keep using the 2.43 diff.lua files for individual modules).

For VR Users:

Import the latest UI Layer diff.luas for keyboard and joystick. Note that there are no longer separate diff.luas for VR0 and VR1.

Here's a change log:

• Remapped VR specific UI commands to keyboard macros wherever possible to maximize profile integration.
  • Applied Rudder Trim and Zoom Commands to replace SnapViews for VR users wherever possible.
  • Fixed DBZ crash that could occur after swapping to a profile that doesn't utilize an airbrake.
  • Fixed bug with airbrake when Allow Flashing MFD LEDs on Transitions is set to -1.
  • Fixed Analog-Pulse type airbrake when Allow Flashing MFD LEDs on Transitions is set to 0.
  • F-14: Added TCS FOV to pilot controls (requires included Controller LUA mod or H0RN4T's FLIR mod).
  • AJS37: Remapped CM switch on S3+H4U/D (removed CM Switch S3+H4P position).
  • AV-8B: Fixed orientation of NWS switch (Warthog)

JF-17:

• Added UFCP and "Dobber" functionality to S3+H2.
  • Added external lighting switches to Warthog Throttle and RMFD (for Cougar users).

C-101:

• Added Trigger and Pickle safety commands to S3+H2U/D and performed minor remapping for updated LUA files.
  • Fixed LOSB3 mapping when Master Arm enabled.

M-2000C:

• Added emergency throttle to Left Throttle axis (Warthog).
  • Updated T1/SC/H2 mapping to account for new TDC Press/Radar mode selection in DCS 2.5.6.
  • Added user-selectable countermeasure programs to S3+H4.

Updated bindings since 2.43: UI Layer, A-10C, F-86, C-101EB/CC, Bf109, AJS37, F-14, UH-1, JF-17, F-16 (MFD3), M2000C

Updated SnapViews since 2.43: None

Updated Custom Luas since 2.43: AV-8B, F-14, UH-1, M2000C

Edited by Home Fries