[1.2.7] Unit start from uncontrolled

Raf

Attaching miz.

The first unit should become active as soon as the second appears (at T+10sec).

It's an uncontrolled craft already present, the second one instead is a late activation one.

Triggers activate them both and sets an AI task push 'start' on the uncontrolled one.

Works OK in 1.2.6, not in 1.2.7

UncontrolledTest.miz

I think you should post this here :

http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=311

;)

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Eh, there isn't a dedicated mission editor section in the open beta forum, so I don't really have a problem with it. An actual moderator might though. :music_whistling:

Bug has been reported. Appears to only effect airplanes. Helicopters are able to accept the command without issue. Thanks for the report.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• 1 month later...

Shoulda searched sooner. I stumbled across this problem and searched for any obvious (and not-so-obvious) flawed triggers or broken actions in my mission. Then I created a big test mission where I figured out only fixed-wings seem to be affected (no problems with choppers apparently) - and now I realize this has long been known.

In this case, +1 for having it fixed soon. :)

• 2 weeks later...

1.2.7 CA Uncontrolled Aircraft

Having a similar problem.. Aircraft that are set as uncontrolled in the mission editor can no longer be used by the GC.

Hope this is fixed soon. I have spent many hours making a mission that is dependent on input to uncontrolled aircraft by the GC.. basically the mission that I spent months working on is no longer working as intended due to bugs.

I am not happy..

This was working fine in 1.2.6.. :noexpression:

*Edit*

Also.. Uncontrolled aircraft are still prematurely appear on radar and some even have ECM on whilst powered down and inside hangars.. Its been reported but still no fix.

Edited by jbrking

Su-27 Flanker 1995 Super EF2000 1997 Jane's F/A-18 1999

I have spent many hours making a mission that is dependent on input to uncontrolled aircraft by the GC.. basically the mission that I spent months working on is no longer working as intended due to bugs.

I am not happy..

Yes, I agree. The control panel is right there in the missions. Any Ground Commander should be able to control planes -- or else take out the control panel.

I've complained before, but the OP and the 'spent months working' comment really rings true here, so again I say FIX IT.

Any GC in SP or MP, Host or Player or Client. Fix it or take it out.

Wrecking Crew

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Wow i would of thought this would be a simple easy fix yet still nothing even after .1 update

Please guys we love the work but if you need help testing before releasing patches im sure theres lots would love to help with simple points like this( oh wait there are already) --- but when it goes wrong this and cant be fixed for some time even after .1 release wow this is frustrating

Im guessing there might be someone whom is good with scripts and code whom might be able to help (Temp Fix) any suggestions?????????????or is it best to keep uninstalling and reverting to previous to enjoy this game to its full potential

Yes, im not a tourist but a customer, i paid 350$ for differents DCS modules, with the hope that work correctly, i use this soft since beta 2 of A-10C (And BS1 before)! My comment isn't profanity, just the truth

And I'm a customer, too. I, too, wish that bugs get fixed in time and new features get added on a frequent basis.

On the other hand, I realize that ED are working in a small team, and it's not like they're leaving bugs unfixed just to punish you or me. Ever since the first Beta of A-10C, ED have constantly added new features, they released DCS World, which was a major feature, they kept and keep on fixing bugs and problems while adding new features, and I imagine they're hard at work with the new terrain and the integration of the terrain into DCS.

Ultimately, I guess this is the old "the glass is half full/the glass is half empty" perspective.

I disagree with the evaluation of your previous comment, though.

Have this been reported?

The thread in the Open Beta Beta Bug Forum was [CLOSED] without an explanation...and I was pretty much robbed on an three hour flight, because one uncontrolled AI Group did´nt start.

Myself and many others would appreciate at least a hint if this have been reported to higher people or not.

[sIGPIC]sigpic70266_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

Snooze-81st-vFS

Have this been reported?

The thread in the Open Beta Beta Bug Forum was [CLOSED] without an explanation...and I was pretty much robbed on an three hour flight, because one uncontrolled AI Group did´nt start.

Myself and many others would appreciate at least a hint if this have been reported to higher people or not.

In the open beta most aspects of the CA module worked (for the most part anyway). It seems they managed to break the CA product instead of fix it on release of the patch. I reported several bugs during the open beta (some of which were related to the CA product) but then was told on one thread that reporting It didn't necessarily mean that the bug would be fixed.

Do you have a link to this closed thread?

Su-27 Flanker 1995 Super EF2000 1997 Jane's F/A-18 1999

• 1 month later...

Sort of frustrating to see that for one of my first missions I try to to get a parked aircraft to start up and taxi away from the player plane and see that I cannot accomplish this due to a bug. This is a deal breaker for so many missions it seems.

No mention of the start trigger for planes in the 1.2.8 preliminary changelog. Any of the testers able to see if it's actually been fixed and just not mentioned in the changelog?

See also: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=118666

Check the changelog now. :)

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Awsome;) ..

And I'm a customer, too. I, too, wish that bugs get fixed in time and new features get added on a frequent basis.

And I don't belong to the hair club!

.I spent hours apon hours this wonderful Sunday morning with the idea of what would make a GREAT mission...This miz. depended on AI Infantry to be On after a triggered event! And after of many hours of testing and re-testing scratching the ole brain as to why the trigger would not work!!:doh:...I finialy found this wonderful source of information that I had here at my disposal. It's a great thing to be able to dig in deep and then even deeper to find a post here on this forum that explain reasons why you knew you were not doing something wrong in the ME...OH it was the Editor...and has been for a long time...I see now ...So we will just not be able to make missions that are of depth and quality until this small corner of the editor is fixed... No Problems guys! Thanks and we will see you aroud OK.......ok....by by...

Edited by Mojeaux

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pretty sure this problem only affected fixed-wing aircraft - I think the initial issue was bigger but that was resolved during the open beta period, it just an issue with fixed-wing aircraft not being able to have triggered commands run.

Many many missions require activating groups by triggers and they didn't break all of those missions. If you need another pair of eyes on the issue you might like to post in the Mission Builder's Corner.