UH1 HUEY - project

Jaroslav

Hi guys

I would like to introduce myself and my project I'm currently working on. As well as many of you, I also came here from the world of MSFS where I grew up:) I just tested my first FS98 and it simply became the biggest passion of my live since. All those years I was dreaming about building full scale cockpit but there is so many aircrafts I want to fly and building just one type can take several years..

Well I think that I found a temporary solution before I really decide for one particular plane/chopper:) I`m going to design and build something like a modules which will copy the "real thing" as close as I can make them.

These modules are going to make it easier for setting up many different cockpits and still look pretty damn good :)

OK.. my first "decent" project which involves a CNC router/engraver, awfully expensive software, countless days of research and many glasses of wine is: HUEY UH1 - COLLECTIVE MODULE

I`m planning to upload photos from whole process of the development but this is my first thread so please be patient:)

Hopefully you will see the current state of my project here: :joystick:

Edited by Jaroslav
  • Like 1

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vey nice work! :thumbup: I'll take one of each!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Thank's Javelina.. Your order has been dispatched:))

Gracias my friend! you are an artist! Some of the finest from our desert Southwest, en route your way!!!

gran-patron-burdeos.jpg.897b2fea1eb34c9e7992d4014606f675.jpg

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

That looks well good mate. Do you have a price point you're looking at? Also would you be doing this in kit form or likely to sell plans?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Awesome i want one i need one let me have one lol.

Its a thing of beauty very nice work, now onto the important stuff how much and when.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

@Jaroslav

I like your job and ways, solutions you find and take.

Great collective and panels !

And what about cyclic ?

Will be a base of Thrusmaster "TopGun" without automatic return to centre (no springs) ?

And pedals...

Keep your courage and finish your project...

UniversRadio for DCS : http://universradio.fr

Homepit on eagle.ru forum :http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1547848&postcount=1 (more details : http://www.tacnoworld.fr)

3rd-Wing.net/75th vFighter "Tiger Sharks"/S-01 Tacno (squadron commander)

Looking good.

I had to abandon my huey plans unfortunately. Keep yours alive.

I will be folowing this.

@ tacno: caution there, the topgun is undersized. Look for a thrustmaster fighter-X instead if you want a full size b8 grip. Also, neither has a two-stage trigger like the real one and are cast in plastic instead of metal of course.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

little update

Hi guys..

Thank you all for your interest in this project, It's really motivational:pilotfly:

To answer the most frequent question, I honestly can't estimate any price point quite yet as the project has still few milestones to go..

I'm really looking to make these in beautiful detailed finish and for example just last night when I tested the backlighting for the first time, I found that the light distribution is really bad so the whole switch panel has to be done with different lighting concept.

I'm going to use a method established in real aircrafts using miniature incandescent bulbs.

And so you see this is really a prototype in development using slow and painful technique "trial-error" :doh:

However some good news are that I found excellent hydraulic device which will provide a resistance of the collective lever with seven different adjustments. This and the bulbs are already on their way so hopefully I'll have some more pics and updates for you by the end of this weekend..

Anyway when this first module is done I will sort out some estimates and I can start replicate them if you guys will be interested..

Regarding the question about cyclic and pedals. At the moment I think there is no point of trying to make something that was already beautifully done by Flight Link.

However this kind of hardware isn't the cheapest one and there is no hydraulic involved :smartass: so the answer is: if you guys will appreciate my effort in terms of buying my toys, I will be able to invest more in my workshop and develop the whole range of "low cost-high end" modules.

Stay tuned:)

• 2 weeks later...

another small update..

hello guys..

it's been busy days at work but I'm still pushing my project in every spare minute I have..

Unfortunately the parts I was expecting last week will arrive by the end of the month so I was working on few improvements instead..

Apart from new panel backlighting that I mentioned earlier, I completely redesigned friction assembly for the throttle grip which now provides very nice, smooth and strong resistance.

I'm going to use this system in the lever clutch too because I really like the smooth feel of it.

Also some painting has been done and I already started rewriting the CFG file so that when the module is plugged into USB, it will be automatically recognized and configured.

Still lot to do but I'm getting there guys, stay tuned.. :thumbup:

Edited by Jaroslav

..and one more pic showing the concept with hydraulic cylinder which is on it's way from Thailand..

Motorcycle steering damper ?

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe