Arrgghh Ubi Online!

I have no way of confirming this but a new guy was in HL and talking about how 4 players were on a ubi online mission...

If this is true, anyone want to venture a guess at how many players we loose to ubi online? Meaning, they get Lomac, install it, install the ubi online, go to ubi, think its a dead MP game because no one is really on, and then for whatever reason loose interest in the game (possibly because they're really into the online experience and end up thinking it's not there.)

Say what you will about how any person should have the ability to come to this forum or even ubi's and see that HL is the place to play but... im not convinced... I wish Ubi wasn't even involved.

Remember the rough figures that someone quoted once... 50,000 copies of LO:FC have been sold in ONE chain store in north america... yet i see no proportional increase in HL traffic (and yes.. factor out the people that dont have the patience to really learn the game...even then it's low.)

I'm considering re-installing the game and going over to catch people playing on it and informing them of HL.

ANy other suggestions? Have i missed something? Please tell me if i have

• Like 2

That sound like a perfect idea. I was once in that position. I didnt play on the inet after i got dsl because i thought the game was dead.(due to ubi servers) Then 1 year ago i stumbled on this website and others and found out about HL and other really improtant subjects. No doubt i still suck when it comes to online playing(really wish i had more time than weekends to learn, setup, and play) but i have learned so much. Life would be different if it werent for LOCKON.

Life would be different if it werent for school, but know doubt i need it.

I dont think its a big issue, I think the only reason they are there is because they are lazy. I mean come on think about it ...this game takes serious study work and money. People loose intrest cause of the complexity, hardware problems, lack of commitment etc etc imho.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

I dont think its a big issue, I think the only reason they are there is because they are lazy. I mean come on think about it ...this game takes serious study work and money. People loose intrest cause of the complexity, hardware problems, lack of commitment etc etc imho.

Study, work, money, complexity, problems.. yes (to varying degrees) to all of that...

This conversation however is mainly about how many NEW players mistake Ubi as the one and only place to play... refer to warthog anecdote above...

How many out there WANT the online experience but it passes them by due to the frontloaded ubi online software? I don't know but when that person reported 4 I just couldnt believe it.

M8's ... i just want see more HL traffic... not that I don't think you guys are great... I just want more people to shoot and more people to shoot at me...

well, The only way to insure everyone knows about HL is to advertise it on the product itself, That would be up to ED/publisher i guess, maybe they could, I know flanker used to ship with Roger Wilco.

Jiri Fojtasek of HL may want money and in that respect i could see how it would be a challenge... again... there's a whole slew of matters that I do not know about... This thread is a pure rant really.... just wishes and advice

Wow... here's more proof...

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/38610606/m/3691044204

Ok one last thing... i encourage anyone to play LockOn in any form they can... but if this Hawg11 genious is encouraging people to play on Ubi then im not sure what kind of deck he's dealing with....

We could run a BOT on UBI lobby that promotes HyperLobby ?

I don't know if there's a chat there.. but he can always have a servername as link to HL or webpage that explains what HL is and how to join these forums and HL.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Have you guys noticed how the Hyperloby has more people frequenting it that last few months? I Can find over 60 people online at the midle of the week, when beofre I had to wait for the weekend. Call me crazy but at the rush hours its getting nearly 100 people there. IL2 used to have more than 10 times the poeple than LOMAC had but this difference has decreased to a factor of 6. LOMAC grew.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

IMO if there was a link or the HL client when installing lomac it would be a great addition..all credit to HL for bringing this community together (online) of course theres got to be a reason that it's not included (i'm sure somebody will tell me the reason)

I peronally stumbled on HL a couple of years ago only on the off chance sombody was chatting about in @ UBI.com..what a result :D

p.s I just tried to give a link to HL but got a differnt site? so if sombody could post a link for those who might not have it yet i'm sure it would be appreciated ;)

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)

ok....

I downloaded and installed UBI online stuff and at 11am GMT 24 people were on... granted all of them were 1.02 but these people need to be aware that HL exists and that there IS a community that has decided to upgrade from 1.02... I pm'd them all... most didnt understand english and I couldn't babelfish too quickly.... I informed quite a few though and hopefully they'll be coming over just to look...

They see the numbers and hopefully they'll upgrade lol

I strongly encourage everyone to head over and make them aware of HL..

I'll also be making a UBI thread titled "Play Online With Hyperlobby" and will be occasionally bumping it so it stays on the first page

UBI Online? WHatever!!! LOL

I bet a lot em peep's there don't even know ED's homepage locon.ru so i guess they don't even know about FC 1.1 or 1.12 so on coming over to HL they will see most peeps are running 1.12 then hopfully will upgrade.

another point is if ED has shipped X amont of copies of lockon i think it's fair to say that the majority of peeps fly offline (shame really) IMO

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)

Right now 24 players on UBI, 19 on HL!? Interesting.

• Like 1

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

29 players on ubi - 6 players on HL......

HL is better then ubi.com that"s sure, maybe most of the player avoid HL cuz they don"t know how to run the game or they never heard for HL. to be honest it took me a little bit of time to find out how to run the game on HL so i have played on ubi.com.

then i found players which don"t speak english or they know just a few BASIC words.

Maybe ED have to put on HL with FC or BS and remove ubi.com.......

• Like 1

Wow... here's more proof...

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/38610606/m/3691044204

Ok one last thing... i encourage anyone to play LockOn in any form they can... but if this Hawg11 genious is encouraging people to play on Ubi then im not sure what kind of deck he's dealing with....

That's not proof- UBi is mostly people that don't know better. I made an effort in that thread to identify hyperlobby as it is- vastly superior.

It would have been nice to see some of YOU back me up on that.

Sitting around trying to get a screenshot of comparable numbers in both places is ... funny. But still- the hard part is getting new people to see that there is something happening waaaay beyond what came out of their box. That "gold" thing was sucha fiasco- you gotta wonder if they screwed it up that bad on purpose :D .

So the next time you all see thread regarding multiplayer SAY SOMETHING. Bottom line is- Hawg is right- HL has not been the place for 1.02 pilots since FC was released. UBi is. So let's get em off of 1.02.

Look, I was not there^^^^ heheheehhe

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Well gents,

I found out about this game via IL2 on HL (and teamspeak by other chaps). For me, I got bored with IL2 on-line and elected to move over to a more challenging sim AND in anticipation of the helo sim Blackshark. What does this mean? Well, IL2 could be considered a "feeder" to LOMAC. You have a pool of "ready trained" pilots who are in HL already.

BTW, I agree with the other posts that state this game requires "home work" and effort. I too got frustrated with all of the nuiances and stopped flying. I returned to flying it again after I started making a simple check list. LOL, I put in the work and then one day I saw this...

http://users.skynet.be/bs999158/LomacDownload.htm

Well, it helped, but it sure would be nice if there were F15 and A10 manuals.

GX

UBi is mostly people that don't know better.

Ubi is mostly people that have 1.02 and include some people that formerly flew 1.02 in Hyperlobby. Why is it difficult to understand that someone like Hawg11 is flying his 1.02 @ Ubi.com? He'd be stupid to try and fly 1.02 @ HL dont you think? At least till you guys figure out how to get more 1.02 action going on HL.

Telling a new 1.02 owner the ONLY way to fly online is buy the Flaming Cliffs upgrade and go to Hyperlobby to fly is just wrong because its not true. But on the other hand you can SAY Flaming Cliffs and Hyperlobby are the BEST way to fly online because thats true. Let them get hooked on 1.02 and WANT to upgrade - but DONT push, shove and cajole them into something they're not sure they want. Is Hyperlobby vastly superior? Yes it is - but what difference does that make if you can find anyone that flies your version of Lock On?

While you're discussing how to beef up the flying community at Hyperlobby its probably a good idea to discuss how to KEEP them here after you get them to show up. Hyperlobby hasn't managed to keep the majority of people that have come here to fly Lock On coming back. Why is that? It does NO GOOD to entice a 1.02 player over from Ubi.com if you cant keep him coming back. At this time HL is not a great place for a new flyer to jump into and have a good time. How do you keep the casual LockOn flyers coming back to HL? Maybe a VETERAN Skill dedicated server or two (instead of several empty ACE skill servers)?

That should be the first issue you tackle.

Hyperlobby, Ubi.com, direct-IP, LAN or single player.

The idea is build the community, support ED and let everyone have fun.

PS to S77th-konkussion:

59 @ Hyperlobby 38 @ Ubi.com as of this post

Or another way of looking at it 37 1.02 flyers @ Ubi, 4 1.02 flyers at HL and 1 empty dedicated 1.02 server.

new177a9kb.th.jpg

• Like 1

It would be nice if there where a clear "open to anyone, just fun!" server on HL. Now, most servers seem to serious. I am only a very casual online player and I always have the impression on HL disturbing the game of people who are well prepared and playing a pre-planned game.

That's why I even considered reinstalling 1.02 and playing at ubi.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would be nice if there where a clear "open to anyone, just fun!" server on HL. Now, most servers seem to serious. I am only a very casual online player and I always have the impression on HL disturbing the game of people who are well prepared and playing a pre-planned game.

That's why I even considered reinstalling 1.02 and playing at ubi.

I don't use it due to the background application called asynchronousping.exe, it triggers multiple entry violation, and only to get the ping. So I'm ping blind in HL.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

hmm well- I don't really know where you get that from tflash- Teamkilling will piss people off. Cheating with LOPE will too. Other than that- it's all pretty laid back. If you don't see what you want in HL- don't complain about it- make it happen! Freeflight servers, general practice for carriers or refueling.. whatever.

One thing we all need to do is welcome the noobs- even the ones that say "Hey- I can only fire guns!! wtf?!?" Go bash yer head against your desk a couple times and get em in the game.

The lazy ones that can't be bothered with learning? Well- it happens. There's going to be a ton of that in this sim.

ALSO- you don't have to fall back to 1.02 to join Ubi- I guess. If there is any kind of lobby or whatever- you can just go there with any version and at least make them aware of all of us.

One of the servers (504?) was running training days once a week (?) but stopped - not enough numbers?

I think to catch new players maybe the answer is to go back to running them. but not so often, & advertise them as a bit of an event - Maybe talk E.D. into running a banner & run a thread in the days before both here & at the UBI site saying a newbie training night is coming soon & giving details on how to get on to HL & use TS etc. (just bump an existing thread giving the next date)

Cheers.

We could run a BOT on UBI lobby that promotes HyperLobby ?

I don't know if there's a chat there.. but he can always have a servername as link to HL or webpage that explains what HL is and how to join these forums and HL.

Thats a great idea, anyone know how to do it?

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/