Desert FARP Mod

SUNTSAG

Hi All,

Here is my desert FARP mod which can be downloaded here:

Version 1.2 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NQ1LXp04jrlB64T2lrawtNTlJ1BiaaTR/view?usp=sharing (Includes revised textures for single FARP fuel barrels etc).

It is JSGME compatible for ease of switching it on and off as you require. Works on all maps so it's even possible to have a beach FARP in Normandy. Please enjoy.

attachment.php?attachmentid=192869&stc=1&d=1535553598

attachment.php?attachmentid=193543&stc=1&d=1536228764

Version 2 with some improvements:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19WpfU9NwlvhAMFULDB1yQLLSN35gP7ms/view?usp=sharing

Version 3 saved games folder compatible:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qXevLeIfjFI0XsbOo801Ttx7FMmZwQvf/view?usp=sharing

To disable the mod for normal FARP insertion you will need to move the folder from saved games.

"TEXTURE FIX" 10/04/19

Download and place the zip file in the mods "TEXTURE FOLDER". Let it over right the current version. Do not unzip the zip file and this will fix the current issue. Cheers.

LINK:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1imzhkcNlCEV6S-IxOcAhN0a9dyWUOLcC/view?usp=sharing

Edited by SUNTSAG

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks a lot for sharing .... really useful as the old FARP wasnt really suitable for the persian Gulf Map :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Does it use the elevation of the original or does it sit closer to the ground

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Thanks for doing what ed should have done when they released the desert maps

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Doesn't seem to work for me. I'm seeing this in the logs:

2018-09-02 15:05:18.686 ERROR EDCORE: Cant open file: /models/farps.lods.json.

2018-09-02 15:05:19.035 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest hash check failed for file 'textures/farp_n_2048'

2018-09-02 15:05:19.058 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest hash check failed for file 'textures/farp_spec_2048'

2018-09-02 15:05:56.651 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest hash check failed for file 'textures/farp_2048'

The mod activates via OVGME just fine.

I have mods installing under saved games.

Does this one need to go in the main DCS install?

What to check?

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Doesn't seem to work for me. I'm seeing this in the logs:

2018-09-02 15:05:18.686 ERROR EDCORE: Cant open file: /models/farps.lods.json.

2018-09-02 15:05:19.035 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest hash check failed for file 'textures/farp_n_2048'

2018-09-02 15:05:19.058 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest hash check failed for file 'textures/farp_spec_2048'

2018-09-02 15:05:56.651 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest hash check failed for file 'textures/farp_2048'

The mod activates via OVGME just fine.

I have mods installing under saved games.

Does this one need to go in the main DCS install?

What to check?

Hi fargo007,

I only use JSGME for this mod as I only have one install of DCS and that is OB. Which version of the mod are you having issues with? Just one or both?

Thank you everyone for your positive feedback.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for trying to help. I'm using 1.1 here. On OB, latest version.

I have the folder "Desert Farp -By Suntsag" in my OvGME mods directory. It activates fine.

It gets installed in \Saved Games\DCS, such that I see these folders there:

\Saved Games\DCS\Bazar

\Saved Games\DCS\Bazar\Textures

\Saved Games\DCS\Bazar\World

with their contents the same as in the mods directory.

I've reinstalled it a few times.

All I have available is the regular FARP, which lately looks like it's snow covered.

/Fargo

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Thanks for trying to help. I'm using 1.1 here. On OB, latest version.

I have the folder "Desert Farp -By Suntsag" in my OvGME mods directory. It activates fine.

It gets installed in \Saved Games\DCS, such that I see these folders there:

\Saved Games\DCS\Bazar

\Saved Games\DCS\Bazar\Textures

\Saved Games\DCS\Bazar\World

with their contents the same as in the mods directory.

I've reinstalled it a few times.

All I have available is the regular FARP, which lately looks like it's snow covered.

/Fargo

I recommend trying V1.2 and seeing how that works as FARPS have a few issues at present. I often start DCS up with the mod active and get a green FARP. I will then shut DCS down, disable the mod in JSGME and reactivate it again and the desert FARP then shows up.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Never mind. Working now.

Well, my mod install of Desert FARP (V 1.2) does not appear as available static in ME. Looked in both Heliports and Structures. Installed both with JSGME and directly into main DCS OB Bazar, but it will not appear in ME object list. Files are definitely present in the correct Bazar folder. Any ideas?

Win 10; DCSW 2.5.3.23225; PG Map

Edited by Habu_69

Hi,

I ddon`t use J... or Ov...

Is there any way to use the Farb by placing it into the saved games folder ?

If YES, please tell me how to do it.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Hi,

I ddon`t use J... or Ov...

Is there any way to use the Farb by placing it into the saved games folder ?

If YES, please tell me how to do it.

I am working on a non JSGME version that can be stored in the saved games folder.

It will hopefully mean you will be able to select the desert version as well as the grass version in the Mission Editor, it will no longer be either or......fingers crossed.

In other words you can have a desert pad and a grass pad in the same mission if you wanted.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great ! Waiting patiently.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

I am working on a non JSGME version that can be stored in the saved games folder.

Hi,

That would be fantastic, I love your Mod and have used it on several of my airfield templates for the Persian Gulf map (https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3679000&postcount=36), like this:

tR5rviP.jpg

:) ... thanks a lot for such a useful Mod ... and for your Tutorial video on Static Templates, it was such an eye-opener for me ... makes feasible the re-use of Mission items, reducing the time needed to create a new Mission.

Best regards,

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks, just tested it and worked fine for me, and it's IC compatible, unlike version 1, that gave me this message when going MP:

PsOXweL.jpg

Cheers and thanks again :)