World BS english RICARDO HD Blue pit

If I'm not wrong, Ricardo asked about Photoshop work file for Russian version to speed it up.

But no reply from anyone I think...

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

read a few posts back there is an edited version with corrected paths... that works for many.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

did not find that too. How is the step by step?

Pepin.

1) Download the Rar file (660 bytes) that attached to this post.

2) Go to ".../DCS World/Mods/aircrafts/Ka-50/Liveries/Cockpit_Ka-50/" folder and find "english" folder, and rename it to anything (for example, "helloworld").

3) Extract my file into DCS World.

That's it. You'll see Ricardo's new Blue Pit and you'll not lose your mirrors (if enabled).

Have fun... :beer:

englishfolder&description.rar

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

Zmey HS is the man to ask in that regard.

I wrote and asked ZmeyHS to send Ricardo his psd files with Russian labels, but I don't know if they got in touch ... :(

Yet, this is a Russian helicopter and should have Russian labels.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Everything is possible ...

DCS has already Russian words (texts) on Ka-50's original cockpit. May be it can be used for Ricardo's BluePit.

I even did a manual install. The mod is in the right folder but when in-game, most textures appear to be default, while some textures are good...

This puzzles me :(

EDIT:

A clue: When I remove the texture package, DCS is still able to find textures somewhere (Sorcery!). These are (no surprise) the textures that override Ricardo's textures! Any idea where this texture backup is located. My delete button is ready because they disable the beautifull HD textures!

EDIT2:

Problem solved. Because I repaired DCS before the update, the folder english in DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Liveries\Cockpit_Ka-50 returned )it was renamed to (_english). JSGME doesn't cover this of course!

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

Problem solved. Because I repaired DCS before the update, the folder english in DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Liveries\Cockpit_Ka-50 returned )it was renamed to (_english). JSGME doesn't cover this of course!

Just checked the JGSME manual, it is possible to add empty files appended with "-remove" to remove files for JGSME-mods!

I've tried to add the -remove to the bunch of files inside the english folder, file attached (but I have not tested it yet myself)

JGSME-remove for Ricardos Blue HD cockpit.zip

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

Oh my...

Tietze, instead that, isn't renaming english folder's name working?

(Or did I miss something?)

Oh my...

Tietze, instead that, isn't renaming english folder's name working?

(Or did I miss something?)

Yep, but I'm just experimenting with using JSGME - automating it all for my lazy shiny metal a.. ;-)

(when using the -remove files I expect JSGME to backup/move files as needed)

[edit: Yes, it works - JSGME backs up the the files to "!BACKUP\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50\Liveries\Cockpit_Ka-50\english"]

Edited by tietze
tested it

hello,

i just drop the old file to replace the new one and i have the same issue as everybody.

what shoud be the manual changes to do to make this mod work.

(name to change and lines to rewrite and location of files).

thanks

what shoud be the manual changes to do to make this mod work.

1. Download: Ricardos KA-50Textures.zip.
  2. Copy it here: DCS world/Mods/Aircraft/Ka-50/cockpit/Resources/Model/Textures/Cockpit/
  3. Rename the english folder for the normal cockpit to something else, it is located here: DCS World/Mods/aircrafts/Ka-50/Liveries/Cockpit_Ka-50
  4. Create a new english folder.
  5. Drop devrims description.lua in there.
  6. Eventually install the compass fix by Devrim. It should replace "Ka-50 inscripts.dds" inside the zipfile downloaded in step 1.

It is really simple to make a JSGME-package that just does all this with a 1-click install (and I have done so for personal use). But I have no idea if the authors will be ok with re-releasing this repackaging of their mod.

Edited by tietze
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just got thumbs up from RICARDO on dropping this zip-file prepared for JSGME, it includes Devrims compass-fix and description.lua (and can also be used if you're not using JSGME - just do step 3-5 from the post above):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2910357/fsim/JSGME/Ricardos%20Blue%20HD%20cockpit.zip