TM Warthog Keybinds For 3 and 2 Position Switches

Colseg

You bind them yourself. You get "Alternate landing gear up", and some others. Bind up/down and neutral works with magic! ;) Don't forget to clear the old assignment if it doesn't clear by it self.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Etcher, i added you binds to my default.lua but everything custom disappeared. Can you please check them, they are awesome for two way switches! :thumbup:

Sorry to hear that, they're working fine here.

Perhaps it is because I added them to the custom "_ALTERNATE" category ?

I like to have all my "tweaked" commands on the same page, usually I end up making one per DirectX button anyway, so it's convenient to have them not mixed up with all the rest (default ones).

Let me know if I can help you in any way with the issue you're having, I hope you'll find a fix soon :beer:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry to hear that, they're working fine here.

Perhaps it is because I added them to the custom "_ALTERNATE" category ?

I like to have all my "tweaked" commands on the same page, usually I end up making one per DirectX button anyway, so it's convenient to have them not mixed up with all the rest (default ones).

Let me know if I can help you in any way with the issue you're having, I hope you'll find a fix soon :beer:

The alternate catagory isn't an issue, the problem is that the DCS forums likes to automatically insert empty spaces into words etc. Just double check the lines you are adding to the lua script and remove any spaces that shouldn't be there :).

The alternate catagory isn't an issue, the problem is that the DCS forums likes to automatically insert empty spaces into words etc. Just double check the lines you are adding to the lua script and remove any spaces that shouldn't be there :).

Holy smokes you're right, thanks a lot for the heads-up.

Here's a pastebin version: http://pastebin.com/7EeVatam.

I'll remove the code from the original post.

Sorry for the trouble =)

EDIT: btw Tetra your RWR mod is *awesome*, I love it, been using it since it's out, thanks for that too :beer:

Edited by etcher
Thx Tetra ^^
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry for the trouble =)

EDIT: btw Tetra your RWR mod is *awesome*, I love it, been using it since it's out, thanks for that too :beer:

Thanks for the recommendation, added Emergency Afterburner, Air Start, and Nosegear Brake to the .lua in the op, already had landing lights except with taxi as the middle position rather than off as per Cyb0rg's suggestion.

Sorry for the trouble =)

Thanks man glad you find it useful :thumbup:

Just to add to the question by MTFDarkEagle about the Throttle Start/Stop Position Toggle for the warthog. Assigning it to the WH works, however when the WH throttle is in the idle detent it triggers the button constantly. Anybody know of a way to fix that ?

Just to add to the question by MTFDarkEagle about the Throttle Start/Stop Position Toggle for the warthog. Assigning it to the WH works, however when the WH throttle is in the idle detent it triggers the button constantly. Anybody know of a way to fix that ?

That is odd, this {combos={{key='E',reformers={'LWin','LShift'}}},pressed=device_commands.RUDStop_lock,up=device_commands.RUDStop_lock,cockpit_device_id=devices.ENGINE_START_DEVICE,value_pressed=1.0,value_up=0.0,name='Throttle Start/Stop Position Toggle',category='Engine'}, is the line for that bind in the default.lua, it should only trigger the off position when first pressed if I am reading it right, are you binding both throttle detents to it or just one?

Colseg,

Brilliant idea. For months now I've been editing the lua's in saved games, only to lose them with this update. I never thought of the default lua under a custom heading.

Anyway here are a couple more that I find useful

[TABLE]

--Alternate APU

{down=device_commands.Zazig,up=device_commands.Zazig,cockpit_device_id=devices.ENGINE_START_DEVICE,value_down=1.0,value_up=0.0,name='Alternate APU On',category='Engine'},

--Alternate Master Modes

{down=device_commands.ASPssNeutrRns,up=device_commands.ASPssNeutrRns,cockpit_device_id=devices.WEAPON_CONTROL,value_down=0.0,value_up=0.5,name='Alternate Weapon AA Mode - SAR Missile',category='Weapons / Master control'},

{down=device_commands.ASPssNeutrRns,up=device_commands.ASPssNeutrRns,cockpit_device_id=devices.WEAPON_CONTROL,value_down=1.0,value_up=0.5,name='Alternate Weapon AA Mode - IR Missile',category='Weapons / Master control'},

[/TABLE]

I've wrapped a table around to stop a repeat of etcher's post, only way I could stops spaces appearing. Copy and pasting from post works fine though.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

The engine cutoff is already a "two-in-one" kind of command.

If you go in the office and depress "LWIN+LSHIFT+E" you'll see the engine cutoff actually go down, then up. Now if you keep those keys depressed, you'll see them toggle back and forth indefinitely, which is the behavior described by Colseg.

Thing is, the two actions are a toggle. Every time the switch is both engaged/disengaged (up and down in the lua), the throttle alternates between idle and cutoff. There's no actual way to tell the throttle to go idle/cutoff, at least I wasn't able to find one in the command_defs.lua.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can we have a command for 3 position radar switch (Alternate radar - on, Alternate radar - standby, Alternate radar - off). I feel this would be perfect for the LASTE 3 position switch on bottom right of warthog throttle. Having the ability to toggle radar on and standby is very imporant with the 21 only have 25 minutes to 60 minutes run time.

Many thanks for the awesome work.

That is odd, this {combos={{key='E',reformers={'LWin','LShift'}}},pressed=device_commands.RUDStop_lock,up=device_commands.RUDStop_lock,cockpit_device_id=devices.ENGINE_START_DEVICE,value_pressed=1.0,value_up=0.0,name='Throttle Start/Stop Position Toggle',category='Engine'}, is the line for that bind in the default.lua, it should only trigger the off position when first pressed if I am reading it right, are you binding both throttle detents to it or just one?

If you go in the office and depress "LWIN+LSHIFT+E" you'll see the engine cutoff actually go down, then up. Now if you keep those keys depressed, you'll see them toggle back and forth indefinitely, which is the behavior described by Colseg.

Thing is, the two actions are a toggle. Every time the switch is both engaged/disengaged (up and down in the lua), the throttle alternates between idle and cutoff. There's no actual way to tell the throttle to go idle/cutoff, at least I wasn't able to find one in the command_defs.lua.

Ah ok damn, thanks for taking a look though guys. Hopefully LN might be able to add something in future perhaps.

Edit:New upload is in the op, it adds "Alternate Weapon AA Mode - IR Missile"/"Alternate Weapon AA Mode - SAR Missile" "Alternate Radar On"/"Alternate Radar Off" "Alternate APU On" "Alternate Master Mode - Air"

I've wrapped a table around to stop a repeat of etcher's post, only way I could stops spaces appearing. Copy and pasting from post works fine though.

Thank you, adding those shortly.

Ah ok damn, thanks for taking a look though guys. Hopefully LN might be able to add something in future perhaps.

I haven't given up yet, I have one more idea I will try when I have some time today or tomorrow to get it working, stay tuned.

Can we have a command for 3 position radar switch (Alternate radar - on, Alternate radar - standby, Alternate radar - off). I feel this would be perfect for the LASTE 3 position switch on bottom right of warthog throttle. Having the ability to toggle radar on and standby is very imporant with the 21 only have 25 minutes to 60 minutes run time.

No problem, I will add that in in the next upload.

Edited by Colseg
  • Like 1

Hi guys!

I'm sorry but I usually don't edit lua files because I don't know how to. I use TARGET GUI (not the Script Editor) for my profiles. I would like to use the TM Warthog 3-way flaps switch to control flaps in the MiG (like in the A-10C). I have copied default.lua to it's destination and it has no effect. Obviously I had to modify it some way.

To cut it short: What exacty should I do to get 3-way flaps switch working like it should?

Thanks!

The modified "default.lua" does not change anything by itself, so it's pretty safe to use it.

It actually makes new command available for you to map to your controller.

Those command will be added to the default "settings/control" configuration page in the DCS interface.

All you have to do is map them to a key (keyboard, stick, whatever, really) as you would map any other command in DCS.

That's about it =) Let us know if you need more info !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My question now is: where do I map desired keys to my keyboard?

I started DCS World, went to OPTIONS→CONTROLS→MiG-21Bis and when I want to map a key to "Flaps In (joystick)", I can't do it. There is no ADD option available like for other modules (Mi-8 for example).

What am I doing wrong, or don't understand??

I feel kinda stupid right now... :)

Edited by Mrgud

I started DCS World, went to OPTIONS→CONTROLS→MiG-21Bis and when I want to map a key to "Flaps In (joystick)", I can't do it. There is no ADD option available like for other modules (Mi-8 for example).

Mrgud, if it makes you feel better, I can't figure it out either :)

All I want to do is have my TM Hog flaps switch do the same thing in Mig-21. Can one of you fine learned gentlemen maybe throw up a screen shot of the key assignment? :) Sorry to be painful...

Okay Mrgud, I figured it out (I'm a slow learner!). Map your flaps up and down switch to the respective positions (photo attached).

106943374_3wayflaps.thumb.jpg.a48dc3046eba7c7611d7d8dee819a2b2.jpg

Awesome job! Any change having NAV lights too? For example pinky switch on "NAV lights MAX" pinky switch off (center) "NAV lights off"

Sure, I will put that in the next release.

Question: Why cant you do this for all the others aswell? Huey, f 86 etc etc... ;)

It can be done for any module really, I actually already have one up for the f-86f here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2145613 but since I don't fly the f-86f very often at the moment it only has the idle detent.

Also I have been looking into the engine idle/off lever binding and it seems it isn't possible to get a useful setup for it with the currently available functions, when you click the lever it moves it up and then back down, which is able to move the throttle out of or into the off position, the binding by default will keep toggling the switch infinitely while the binding is being triggered and the only other way I have found to set it up makes the switch go up on one trigger and down on the next, so with that you would have to keep taking your throttle in and out of the idle detent twice every time you actually want to move the throttle either direction and on top of that since it isn't really designed to be used like that it can be a bit buggy too.