Programming Data Catridge from extern file.

whaaw

Hi,

After flying multiply Big missions we had some ideas about the Data Cartridge. It would be really nice if we could feed the Cartridge with a exelsheet or txt file or something, i imagine a file where we put in landing base, start base, rwy hdg, and the waypoints and targetpoints. this would allow us to make new Data Cartridge after the situation changes. Sometimes when we load the Cartridge, half of the waypoints are bugt, we couldnt reproduce it constantly so no bugreport filled out yet. but its a problem. Of course we can not load the Cartridge at all and input everything by hand, this takes alot of time and if you do somthing wrong the whole system is bugged.(not an actual bug, just killed the grid)

If i could prepare a Cartridge for me and my wingman outside of ME that would be very nice!

Edited by whaaw

SFMBE

That world be a very useful tool (especially in multiplayer) and i hope it will be implemented once day. But I'm afraid that when you load the data cartdrige (9099+LS) you merely transfer the waypoints already established in the mission editor during mission creation.

... Of course we can not load the Cartridge at all and input everything by hand, this takes alot of time ...

Actually, its best to load the Cartridge anyway, since it at the very least establishes the Starting Base (LS) and the Wind conditions.

After that, you type your waypoints and destination base by hand ... to type it faster, I've binded my NumPad keys to the CK37 Computer keys ... it takes a couple of minutes at the most to input all the info.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I think this is a great idea. No need to change the 9099, but perhaps when actually inserting the data cartridge, a dialog pops up prompting the selection of the default waypoints or a CSV file. This would be awesome for multiplayer missions (esp. Blue Flag), where a flight lead could create the flightplan and distribute it to the wingmen.

+1 great idea

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

You can already do sort of this. There is a lua-file (I think under navpanel) where you can add custom reference-points 9xxx.

Something like this has been in the back of my mind since forever. I could add a simple implementation, but be aware that DCS and real-life coordinates doesn't match so you can't use google maps afaik.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

You can already do sort of this. There is a lua-file (I think under navpanel) where you can add custom reference-points 9xxx.

Something like this has been in the back of my mind since forever. I could add a simple implementation, but be aware that DCS and real-life coordinates doesn't match so you can't use google maps afaik.

I think its the init.lua at /navigationPanel/Device/ ?

thx for the hint!:thumbup:

SFMBE

Yeah, I like the idea!

Being able to prepare multiple missions and then choose which one to load would be very, very handy!

Some things in them could go to default values, like wind and time, if no data is set in the data-cartridge-file?

Something like this has been in the back of my mind since forever. I could add a simple implementation

Maybe it could be done in the same way a player can choose the livery in the fuel/weapons screen in dcs 2.1.1?

One file for each flightplan

Such a shame DCS in general is so lacking in the multiplayer arena. Surely a fully implemented multiplayer flight planner has to be on the to do list. With more aircraft and complex systems being released, i think its needed now tbh. But like the dedicated servers, i fear its going to be a long time.

So I implemented a solution where you can preconfigure up to 5 selectable data cartridges in a lua file and then select them in the kneeboard as with all the other settings:

354789184_Datacartridgeconfiguration.thumb.png.041046e50884572e5864fbcbc3cca5df.png

1461134290_Datacartridgeselection.thumb.png.a6f71a1c7d726921232f27fb4d5f5220.png

I am sure it wouldn't be too difficult for anyone with some .Net skills or other to make a little gui for it :D

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Looks very useful for those of us that fly on the same dedicated server every time, I could have up to five standard missions pre-configured :)

Can you please include this on the next Viggen patch?

Best regards and thanks a lot.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

So I implemented a solution where you can preconfigure up to 5 selectable data cartridges in a lua file and then select them in the kneeboard as with all the other settings:

[ATTACH]165681[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]165682[/ATTACH]

I am sure it wouldn't be too difficult for anyone with some .Net skills or other to make a little gui for it :D

wow thank you!

do we get this in the next patch?

Edited by whaaw

SFMBE

[ATTACH]165681[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]165682[/ATTACH]

Looks really good!

Will we be able to input 90-codes instead of coords for LS or L1? There is quite a lot of other data you get with that, runways and such. Having to manually input that is "not the most stimulating" part of flying the Viggen, IMHO.

Seeing all this discussion over datacartridges has prompted me to post some progress on something I've been working on. Over the last few weeks in my spare time I've been working on my own solution to the problem of fragging a flight and entering the data into the Viggen for Multiplayer.

The "VMMP" Viggen Multiplayer Mission Planner

GvL8BIg.png

My solution to entering the data quickly was to setup an Export.lua script to receive simulated button inputs from VMMP transmitted by local UDP (Similar to how Helios works). Once you've setup your flightplan and click "Load in AJS-37" the program converts your flightplan into all the required key inputs for the CK-37 and sends them. While it's not the ideal solution (An API or datacartridge file that the Viggen loads would be ideal) it can send the entire flightplan of seen in the screenshot in 23 seconds. (9 Waypoints, 6 Markpoints, 3 Airfields). It's amazing listening to the 33 keys per second being pressed on the CK-37 like an automatic typewriter though so that's something.

The flightplan coordinates can be entered in DMS or Degrees Decimal formats from DCS (for accuracy) or just placed on the map visually. (I find it useful to place target waypoints with DCS coords and then visually lay out my flightplan using the map).

It also includes a QFE calculator so you can calculate the QFE of a target or airfield by entering the QNH from the kneeboard and elevation of the target.

This can all be saved and loaded as *.dtc files which allows you to save missions and load them later.

It's still a ways off from release as I want to polish it more and add UI features such as:

• Configuring advanced RB-15 and BK-90 settings
  • Set takt codes such as Fuel Reserve levels, Target Motion Measurement, TERNAV

Once it's ready to release I'll make a separate post in the AJS-37 Sub-forum.

Some more screenshots:

Markpoint Entry

OwDVM1A.png

QFE Calculator

dcouM1g.png

Seeing all this discussion over datacartridges has prompted me to post some progress on something I've been working on. Over the last few weeks in my spare time I've been working on my own solution to the problem of fragging a flight and entering the data into the Viggen for Multiplayer.

The "VMMP" Viggen Multiplayer Mission Planner

My solution to entering the data quickly was to setup an Export.lua script to receive simulated button inputs from VMMP transmitted by local UDP (Similar to how Helios works). Once you've setup your flightplan and click "Load in AJS-37" the program converts your flightplan into all the required key inputs for the CK-37 and sends them. While it's not the ideal solution (An API or datacartridge file that the Viggen loads would be ideal) it can send the entire flightplan of seen in the screenshot in 23 seconds. (9 Waypoints, 6 Markpoints, 3 Airfields). It's amazing listening to the 33 keys per second being pressed on the CK-37 like an automatic typewriter though so that's something.

The flightplan coordinates can be entered in DMS or Degrees Decimal formats from DCS (for accuracy) or just placed on the map visually. (I find it useful to place target waypoints with DCS coords and then visually lay out my flightplan using the map).

It also includes a QFE calculator so you can calculate the QFE of a target or airfield by entering the QNH from the kneeboard and elevation of the target.

This can all be saved and loaded as *.dtc files which allows you to save missions and load them later.

It's still a ways off from release as I want to polish it more and add UI features such as:

• Configuring advanced RB-15 and BK-90 settings
  • Set takt codes such as Fuel Reserve levels, Target Motion Measurement, TERNAV

Once it's ready to release I'll make a separate post in the AJS-37 Sub-forum.

Some more screenshots:

Markpoint Entry

QFE Calculator

wow man, that is frecking amazing, if that program can export the needed luafile that Ragnar posted we have a crazy solution. amazing work!

SFMBE

wow man, that is frecking amazing, if that program can export the needed luafile that Ragnar posted we have a crazy solution. amazing work!

Right now it can't do that (Just saw that post before I made mine) but I could probably add some functionality to export the data in that lua file format, seems pretty straightforward.

Can that lua file be modified and accept changes while the game is running or does it need to be configured before you join the server or start the sim?

Right now it can't do that (Just saw that post before I made mine) but I could probably add some functionality to export the data in that lua file format, seems pretty straightforward.

Can that lua file be modified and accept changes while the game is running or does it need to be configured before you join the server or start the sim?

i think you can have 5 different luas in the folder at the same time and load it on the ground via kneeboard (probably just gona choose wich one to load when you put in the cartridge) but i dont know if dcs needs to be restarted after the luas are in the folder

maybe you are only allowed for 1 lua file and you can put up to 5 cartridges in one file.

Only God and Ragnar know's it :)

Edited by whaaw

SFMBE

[ATTACH]165681[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]165682[/ATTACH]

This is great!

Maybe spend a few minutes on the BK90 in MP now?...eh?...ehhhhh? ;)