[RESOLVED] Countermeasures Switch

MBot

Countermeasures programs started by the INT/KNOT switch release both chaff and flare. According to the manual, flares should only be released with the Fast Dispense button.

Multiple right/left clicking on the OFF/INT/KONT switch will shift the state of the switch. After multiple clicks, the OFF position can be either in the aft, center or forward position of the switch.

Pressing the Fast Dispense button when a CM program is active moves the OFF/INT/KONT switch.

Edited by IronMike

• 4 weeks later...

Fixed! Seems like I confused the quick-release button for the release button. You can tell by the tool-tip which says "Quick release" when you hover over it.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Fixed! Seems like I confused the quick-release button for the release button. You can tell by the tool-tip which says "Quick release" when you hover over it.

That was fast :thumbup:

Nice!

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...
The functionality has been fixed; they will be fixing the graphical look of the switch in a future patch.

So from left to right in the current state:

Normal = KONT (Continuous) | Mottag = FRAN (Off) | Sänd = INT (Interval)

"When the KB release switch (on canopy frame) is set to INT (Interval) or KONT (Continuous),

chaff is dispensed rapidly." - Page 122 in the PDF Manual

Note: Emergency transmitter FR 29 is a radio from a different variant, maybe the JA 37 fighter interceptor.

Normal = Normal

Mottag = Receive

Sänd = Transmit

Thanks for the reply man...It was a vague question. Thanks

• 3 months later...

hmmm ...

i try that dispenser button .... KONT/OFF/INT

and on KONT the dispenser is off ...

on OFF it dispense only chaffs in all programs

on INT the same as OFF ...

With quick release every program will switch to program 2 and flares appeared ...

there is something wrong ?!?!

and ... what should happen in mode INT and/or KONT ?

is this only important for automatic program ?

what is the diff between KONT and INT ?

for your info:

i use a custom keybinding with animation:

{down = 3030, up = 3030, cockpit_device_id = devices.COUNTERMEASURE, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Countermeasure dispense Int/Off'), category = {'Custom', 'Countermeasures'}},

{down = 3030, up = 3030, cockpit_device_id = devices.COUNTERMEASURE, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Countermeasure dispense Kont/Off'), category = {'Custom', 'Countermeasures'}},

but the behaviour is the same with mouse clicks ...

i have tried different values for this dispenser button

but i could not find the exact values that the clickable cockpit generates :(

Edited by caponi

too much ...

• 3 weeks later...

There's no mention in the RC2 manual or any other source I could find in regards the difference between INT and KONT modes.

However I have noted a few things from my testing and fixes that I've been trying to incorporate:

1) The KONT/OFF/INT switch is incorrectly assigned to 3002/3004/3003, when it should be 3030 +/- 1.0 (as described in the above post).

From clickabledata.lua:

function default_3_position_tumb(hint_,device_,command_,arg_,cycled_,inversed_)

local cycled = true

local val = 1

if inversed_ then

val = -1

end

elements["PNT_CMEASURES"] = default_3_position_tumb(_("Countermeasure Release"), devices.COUNTERMEASURE, 3030, 184)

2) Automatic (mode A, streak 0) and manual dispensing is working but only for modes INT and OFF. However the animated switch is in the KONT position, no chaff is being dispensed, which leads me to believe a mix-up (bug) has been incorporated between OFF and KONT modes.

3) Despite this, I've noted no difference in the dispensing of chaff between modes INT and OFF (=KONT, refer to (2) above). As initially stated I'm also not sure what the difference should be anyway.

Edited by mad rabbit

• 2 months later...

Noticed the following incorporated into the Viggen keybinds:

\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Input\keyboardbindings.lua

-- This is an automatically generated file. Don't make edits here.

return {

-- *** COUNTERMEASURE ***

{combos = {{key = "Q"}}, down = 3502, value_down = 1.000000, up = 3504, value_up = 0.000000, cockpit_device_id = 28, name = _("Countermeasure Dispense - Toggle"), category = _("Countermeasures")},

{down = 3500, value_down = -1.000000, up = 3504, value_up = 0.000000, cockpit_device_id = 28, name = _("Countermeasure Dispense - Off"), category = _("Countermeasures")},

{down = 3500, value_down = 0.000000, up = 3504, value_up = 0.000000, cockpit_device_id = 28, name = _("Countermeasure Dispense - Int"), category = _("Countermeasures")},

{down = 3500, value_down = 1.000000, up = 3504, value_up = 0.000000, cockpit_device_id = 28, name = _("Countermeasure Dispense - Kont"), category = _("Countermeasures")},

{down = 3500, value_down = -1.000000, up = 3500, value_up = 0.000000, cockpit_device_id = 28, name = _("Countermeasure Dispense - Press: Off Release: Int"), category = _("Countermeasures")},

{down = 3500, value_down = 0.000000, up = 3500, value_up = -1.000000, cockpit_device_id = 28, name = _("Countermeasure Dispense - Press: Int Release: Off"), category = _("Countermeasures")},

{down = 3500, value_down = 0.000000, up = 3500, value_up = 1.000000, cockpit_device_id = 28, name = _("Countermeasure Dispense - Press: Int Release: Kont"), category = _("Countermeasures")},

{down = 3500, value_down = 1.000000, up = 3500, value_up = 0.000000, cockpit_device_id = 28, name = _("Countermeasure Dispense - Press: Kont Release: Int"), category = _("Countermeasures")},

{down = 3501, value_down = -1.000000, up = 3504, value_up = 0.000000, cockpit_device_id = 28, name = _("Countermeasure Dispense - For"), category = _("Alternative")},

{down = 3501, value_down = 1.000000, up = 3504, value_up = 0.000000, cockpit_device_id = 28, name = _("Countermeasure Dispense - Aft"), category = _("Alternative")},

} -- Automatically generated file ends here.

So maybe countermeasure features are being expanded?

• 6 months later...
There's no mention in the RC2 manual or any other source I could find in regards the difference between INT and KONT modes.

Same, i found this thread by looking for a difference between the two. Everywhere in the manual, it says "INT or KONT do X", so no difference there. Havent found it elsewhere either.

As initially stated I'm also not sure what the difference should be anyway.

Looking at photos of real viggen cockpit posted in this thread, the positions of the switch in DCS appear to be wrong. Neutral position in the photo is in the middle, KONT backwards, INT forwards. In DCS, neutral position is the backwards one. Perhaps the INT position in the real aircraft is spring-loaded to return to neutral (middle) on its own after being released by the pilot (and stop dispensing), unlike KONT which stays and keeps dispensing until later returned by the pilot? I cant make sense of it.

Or perhaps i completely misunderstood it all, in which case pls help me. :joystick:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 2 months later...
The KB switch texture / functionality is on the to-do list.

Would appreciate if you finally can fix the textures of this one. I always forget how to turn the switch without the proper labeling the times I actually mount the countermeasure pod.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

• 1 year later...
  • Fixed incorrect label on countermeasures switch

According to the changelog the wrong textures on the countermeasure switch should finally be fixed. Just updated and still have the same old textures, what's this then?

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe in next or the one after that?

• 2 months later...
On 9/22/2021 at 2:39 AM, IronMike said:

Is this fixed for you guys now?

Yeah, this is fixed by now (the art as well as the function of the switch) :thumbup:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• IronMike changed the title to [RESOLVED] Countermeasures Switch
5 hours ago, QuiGon said:

Yeah, this is fixed by now (the art as well as the function of the switch) :thumbup:

Awesome, thank you!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/