TACAN and D/L last update

beppe_goodoldrebel

Sorry guys , I hate open threads on something already explained but I completely lost my self on the TACAN and D/L thing.

The last post from Wags:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3822973&postcount=140

Per the previous post, we have changed the Link-16 frequency to 1092.5 MHz. As such, TCN channels 68 and 69 both X and Y should be avoided.

This will be for the next update and will allow the default TCN channel 1 to not interfere with Link-16.

- Wags

Does that means that, in the next OB patch , ONLY 68 and 69 both X and Y should be avoided ?

Confirmed?

MIDS/TACAN Frequencies

Hi,

I'm confused about the last two mini updates. The only thing the filters do is decrease range due to centerline external tank which obstructs LOS when lower antenna (no filter) is in use.

But Link16 SHOULD NOT be affected just because someone is transmitting (i.e. a tanker set in ME with 27X) in a filtered freq. It would only be affected if the aircraft TUNES said freq in UFC.

Hope this helps clarifying the feature a bit more, thanks and great work on the hornet as always!

A1-F18AC-NFM-000

Page VII-24-55

None of that says that MIDS won't work if a TACAN station broadcasts on one of those frequencies (if it was that easy to jam, MIDS wouldn't be very jam resistant).

Only that TACAN DME range is reduced to the rear aspect.

Flight test data at afloat stations shows that maximum tail-aspect DME ranges of approximately 22 nm at 6,000 feet and 26 nm at 15,000 feet can be expected to make DME unreliable when headed outbound in the marshal stack.

At shore stations, flight tests have shown substantially better tail-aspect DME ranges (e.g. 52 nm at 15,000 feet).

DME ranges in the forward and side quadrants of the aircraft, and bearing performance in all quadrants, are not impacted. Therefore, approach performance on the affected channels is nominal.

NOTE

MIDS equipped aircraft may experience TACAN bearing and DME dropouts. MIDS equipped aircraft with a centerline tank may experience loss of DME during outbound legs from TACAN stations 1 to 29X and Y, 47X to 63X and 64Y to 92Y.

What we see in DCS is very different to TACAN LOS/signal strength issues.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

None of that says that MIDS won't work if a TACAN station broadcasts on one of those frequencies (if it was that easy to jam, MIDS wouldn't be very jam resistant).

Only that TACAN DME range is reduced to the rear aspect.

What we see in DCS is very different to TACAN LOS/signal strength issues.

Someone apparently merged threads with no context. The first part of his origanal post was already acknowledged to be a bug. It broke the DL, never saw anyone say it was supposed to work that way...no need to go on the defense about it.

What I can't figure out is that I can't get DME from Stennis anymore. I reloaded it in the mission, tried a range of different TACAN channels (which should work for the current update for T/R).

202 G. "Irish" Machado - AO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STRIKE FIGHTER SQUADRON 83

http://www.vfa-83.com