F-15C: Beating the landing glitch.

hypersonik

• 3 weeks later...

Quoted from Wags update post: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=108764

Next Stop... DCS Version 1.2.5

After the release of DCS version 1.2.4, we released multiple updates using our automatic updater. We are now moving towards the next major update, version 1.2.5. Our primary focus will be on improving game performance, addressing game play issues, and setting the stage for further modules.

Key features planned for version 1.2.5 include:

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Remaining issues for some FC3 aircraft like CCRP, EOS, and F-15C landing issue will be addressed. Right now our staff is quite overloaded with other, higher priority items.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor

The landing gear isnt meant to surpass 1.5g on landing. Since this aircraft isnt an F-18, you cant land the aircraft at -750 descent rate. Your rate of descent on touchdown shouldnt exceed no more between 15' and 19' per minute.

Read this for an answer !

My Specs. below

ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming

I5 9600K@4.5 Ghz.

32 Gb. G. Skill Rip Jaw V DDR4 @ 3200

MSI Gaming 1070 TI

Samsung 970 EVO+ NVME Pcie 500GB

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

OCZ 120GB vertex 2 SSD

Win10 64 Pro

TM Warthog

TM Cougar

Samsuny Odyssey +

CH Pro Pedals

ASUS 32" 2560X1440 Main

Samsung 23" LED/LCD 1920X1080

Corsair TX 850W

Corsair H100i GTX

HAF 932

It's clearly a bug and still there, i find it annoying that something this basic isn't fixed. these are fully payed for products that are borked. A bug here and there might always be the case, but this is clearly broken.

+1 on wanting this fixed, it's the main reason i don't check in that often anymore and don't play your products ED. It also keeps me from buying anything else. I'm sure i'm not alone in this.

It's clearly a bug and still there, i find it annoying that something this basic isn't fixed. these are fully payed for products that are borked. A bug here and there might always be the case, but this is clearly broken.

+1 on wanting this fixed, it's the main reason i don't check in that often anymore and don't play your products ED. It also keeps me from buying anything else. I'm sure i'm not alone in this.

+1 completely agree

I'm quite new to FC3, started with the Su-27/33, but I'm having a hard time with the R-27R/ER that apparently tends to hug chaffs a bit too much so I switched to the F-15C and my hit ratio sky rocketed, only now half my landings results in the airframe below the ground and won't validate the missions (CTD on exit). Does everything really works fine when landing on a taxiway?

Edit: well, nevermind, landed on Batsumi taxiway, same bug.

Edited by Vivoune

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1815096#post1815096

Sincerely,

"Rooster"

Edited by 44th_Rooster

ASROCK Z77 Pro4, I5 3570K, 16GB DDR3, GTX 760SC, Corsair TX750W, Sound Blaster X-FI Extreme, Solid State Hard Drive, Full Homebuilt Cockpit, TM HOTAS Wartpig, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TrackIR-5 w/TrackClip Pro, Vizio 42inch 1080p Monitor, Windows 7 64bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok here is my take on this..

I agree the landing gear is bugged.. How ever IMHO the reason this is like this is because the f15 is landed nose high for aerodynamic braking, then the nose is gently lowered and wheel brakes are applied. This is why I think this was implimented this way.. still needs correcting

If you land at 180-200 kts and keep the nose wheel up off the tarmac untill the planes slows down to around I wanna say 130-150ish and then lower the nose wheel to the ground you'll be fine.

Taking into consideration that alot of people don't bother to land right rather it's a rush and forcing the plane to loose alititude then using speed brake and a hurried throttle cut and flare it's no doubt that a good portion of the broken gear would most likely still be broken in real life.

Everybody talks about the landing bug but I've never broke the landing gear.I'm confused now:

Am i landing wrong then?

if you're not breaking your gear then you're fine..

I have broken my gear several times. mainly due to trying to rush a landing either by pushing the plane down or by immediately applying brakes as soon as the bird is grounded causing the nose to come down instead of letting it aerodynamically brake first. Both situations which should not cause landing gear breakage.

Aerodynamic braking is not modelled in SFM. FYI

Sincerely,

"Rooster"

ASROCK Z77 Pro4, I5 3570K, 16GB DDR3, GTX 760SC, Corsair TX750W, Sound Blaster X-FI Extreme, Solid State Hard Drive, Full Homebuilt Cockpit, TM HOTAS Wartpig, Saitek Rudder Pedals, TrackIR-5 w/TrackClip Pro, Vizio 42inch 1080p Monitor, Windows 7 64bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What really amazes me is how we've been stuck with this bug for several versions as if it was a minor thing barely affecting the gameplay. I really hope ED programmers and beta testers nail this one for good for the 1.2.5 release so we can leave this whole issue behind.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World