Future markpoint features in the hornet?

falcon_120

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if once the Markpoint functionality is implemented, if the hornet automatically creates markpoint after weapon employment? (Kind of Markpoint Z in the A10).

Also is it possible to create a markpoint through the HOTAS with the TGP as SOI?

Regards,

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

I was reading this awhile ago from p.108:

MK Option. Pressing the MK option button saves a mark point at the location of the aircraft when the button was pressed. Up to nine mark points can be created. After the ninth, the first mark point will be over-written and so forth. Not implemented at Early Access release.

Can a mark point be used as a Waypoint?

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if once the Markpoint functionality is implemented, if the hornet automatically creates markpoint after weapon employment? (Kind of Markpoint Z in the A10).

Also is it possible to create a markpoint through the HOTAS with the TGP as SOI?

Regards,

Markpoints are described in the NATOPS, but I don't think there's the behaviour you're describing. From memory, if you don't have a target, pressing the markpoint button stores your current aircraft location as a new markpoint, but if you have a target (e.g. you've made a target with your TDC or AG radar or pressed WPDSG), then pressing the markpoint button stores the target location as a new markpoint. It didn't describe any HOTAS controls for making a markpoint - you have to press the MK# button on the HSI/SA page.

Markpoints are described in the NATOPS, but I don't think there's the behaviour you're describing. From memory, if you don't have a target, pressing the markpoint button stores your current aircraft location as a new markpoint, but if you have a target (e.g. you've made a target with your TDC or AG radar or pressed WPDSG), then pressing the markpoint button stores the target location as a new markpoint. It didn't describe any HOTAS controls for making a markpoint - you have to press the MK# button on the HSI/SA page.
If that is the case, i cant understand some system design decisions from the us navy and marines, in the sense that some very handy functions so well integrates in Us air force planes (namely a10 and f16) are not present in their jets. It is particularly strange that this was not a request by marines since they mostly only do CAS and there, being able to create a markpoint from a HOTAS press on the go its incredibly powerful.

If that is the case, i cant understand some system design decisions from the us navy and marines, in the sense that some very handy functions so well integrates in Us air force planes (namely a10 and f16) are not present in their jets. It is particularly strange that this was not a request by marines since they mostly only do CAS and there, being able to create a markpoint from a HOTAS press on the go its incredibly powerful.

USAF jets tend to have much better HOTAS integration than USN ones. I guess it's related to the budget that the service allocates to that particular area.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

The small button below and to the right of the SCS on the stick is called the "RECCE EVENT MARK SWITCH" which, to me at least, implies there is some kind of markpoint functionality on the stick.

I thought it only marks events in the Hornets flight recorder, to make it easier for the ground crew to find issues that the pilot noticed during flight.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I thought it only marks events in the Hornets flight recorder, to make it easier for the ground crew to find issues that the pilot noticed during flight.
Correct! It was confirmed by someone in the forum that the recce button is to mark events during flight to make it easier for the maintenance guys to recognize what when happened

To the moderator moving this thread:

THIS IS NOT A WISH :/ :/ :/, I'm requesting any official word from ED on how this will be implemented according to the real aircraft.

Gosh..is not the first time that a question about what will be implemented is moved to the wishlist, its like he/she is not even reading

Correct! It was confirmed by someone in the forum that the recce button is to mark events during flight to make it easier for the maintenance guys to recognize what when happened

Huh, I'd not seen that. That seems like a weird functionality to have on the stick, as opposed to creating markpoints.

Huh, I'd not seen that. That seems like a weird functionality to have on the stick, as opposed to creating markpoints.
In JMHCS equipped aircraft, it also hides/shows the JHMCS symbology. Useful if you quickly want to declutter your vision.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro