1.2.4: Helicopter takeoff from ships corrected

tietze

I was excited to see that something was done here. One should probably emphasize no fix has been promised.

So... at the moment this part of the new update has left me wondering what part of "Helicopter takeoff from ships" has been corrected?

Still I see choppers (KA-50 & UH-1H) falling off shipdecks (Normandy, Admiral Kruznetsov) or sliding in the direction the ship travels.

Ship%20takeoff.jpg

Unlucky KA-50 moving slowly to the edge of the Admiral Kruznetsov (forward speed 20km/h, wind 8m/s) without any userintervention and parking brake engaged (as default)

Ship%20takeoff%20-%20Huey.jpg

Here it is the Huey that has left its starting position and as a result broken the main rotor on the Normandy (forward speed 20km/h, wind 8m/s)

JET KA-50 Landing practice version3.miz

Edited by tietze
Mission attached.

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

• 1 month later...

Far as I can tell, this is still a problem. My UH-1 moves in the direction the ship is moving no matter what I do. Anyone know if a fix for this is in the works?

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

And also more then one spawn point aswel..*

How difficult will it be to fix this**?

*for the carriers 1st and 3rd party.

**In time for the Naval planes for DCS...?

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Just don´t land on the elevators.

But it would be nice if the helicopters could stay firm on the deck while the crrier moves.

Right now they will slowly skid and in the end fall off the deck.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

• 4 weeks later...
it would be nice if the helicopters could stay firm on the deck while the crrier moves.

Yep. Was kind of hoping to see a reference to this in the 1.2.5 changelog, but just in case, has anybody seen if, by chance, the update affected this at all?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

• 3 months later...

Pleeeeeeeeeeease is anyone ever going to fix this? There are now three helos in the game and I'm sure more are coming. I know people are making all kinds of fixes to the Russian carrier. Could maybe some of those guys take a whack as correcting this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

This problem is fixed now since 1.2.10. you can close this thread.

Helicopter stay nice stationary on moving ships when parked for take-off. If you think it aint, please react with a video.

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]