1stCavDiv. Needs You!

LiveBait

The 229th is dedicated to the Huey and growing daily, and The Asia/Pacific region is recruiting members.

If you love the Huey and want some insight into real world tactics and maneuvering, or you just want to fly with like-minded people in huey dedicated missions, drop into the recruiting section and introduce yourself. How and when you fly is up to you.

We now have a few real-life helicopter pilots in our ranks. Flyer49 is the Pilot Instructor and hes doing a great job with check flights and flight training. He is also working on getting up to speed other R/L pilots to take up instructor positions.

Quote from Flyer49

The unit will offer helicopter flight training by real world U.S. Army helicopter pilots with over two thousand hours of real world UH-1 flight time and also understand the flight characteristics of the DCS flight model, so that pilots new to the DCS Huey can more easily understand and anticipate some of the nuances that are built in to the DCS model(s). The hope is that by understanding this most basic of the advanced airframes, the UH-1H, you will have a more comprehensive understanding when the more complicated aircraft come on line.

As stated by sSkullZnBoneZz

"There are no requirements other than a mutual love for the Huey, and there is no minimum time to be online--you can come and go as you please"

There are three companies: Europe, North America, and Asia/Pacific, and all have positions available.

Drop by and have a look http://1stcavdiv.conceptbb.com/

LiveBait

Sweet

I am in South Africa and can link up with the Euro time zone, innit to win it, I need to log some huey hours if nobody objects.

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

Never to young to die John (virtually speaking that is)

Fly your best and let the virtual gods do rest! ;)

Thermaltake View 91, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra, i9 9900K, Corsair H150i Pro, 32Gb Trident Z 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 2080ti, Corsair AX1200i, Warthog A-10 Hotas, MFG Crosswind pedals, TiR5 Pro, HP Reverb Pro

This sounds like a cool squad , perhaps doing Vietnam type missions . I don't have DCS Huey , as I don't have no idea about viable collective joysticks . Love the Huey , worked on many 212 and 412 around the world . I know several pilots who flew in Vietnam ..... 1 in Slicks , Spartans and Gladiators based in Bein Hoa . 1 was based in Laos , ahem , with Air America flying all sorts of airplanes that wernt even there ..... and Dink , he flew attack in a Vietnam , but don't know where ..... and a few more but don't know their details ..... funny , after leaving Vietnam some stayed in the military and some went civil ..... I met a bunch of them , still flying 212 ans 412 in Africa when I worked on 212 and 412 check 2 , heavey maintenabce ..... 4 of us could strip a 212 down , tail boom off , gearbox out , cockpit out in a day ..... and it was hot .

Who and what kinda enemies are the slicks facing ?

Whats your aim ?

Can you deliver troops to the map ?

Hopefully someone will do a Huey Cobra , or a Skyraider for you guys to play with .

Best of luck with the squad ..... Be interesting to see how this develops :)

Mick , the guy who was based in Bien Hoa , said , when they met up with some 1st Cav rear echelon Mo Fo's (REMF) , they used to shout at them , the horse they never rode , the line they never crossed , and the color speaks for itself , that used to get the fists movin !!!

Edited by badger66

hey Badger, thanks for the encouragement.

At the moment, the unit is based in a 1972 environment, however this may evolve as new airframes are released. Mostly slicks dropping troops, however we do have a gunship unit that fly in support of the slicks against light AAA and ground troops. The 1stCav is basically what you make of it.

Heres an exert from BlacJacks Post in our forum to explain it better;

An international squadron

Why a new squadron dedicated to the Huey ?

We think that a good Huey exp. means playing the Huey in an old style environment. That s mean playing missions without manpads or Buk ... and without a strange mix of aircrafts US/Russian, P-51 with Ka-50. We hope to play with others squadrons thanks to future releases like Mig-21 !

I am already a member of an another squadron, how can I join ?

For us , that doesn't matter. I fact it's better to have various interests. You can use the same name, you only have to use the following tag on this forum if you become a member 1stCavDiv=Name. But please, don't bring your squadron's conflicts with you.

What about the squadron rules ?

-minimum of flight skill : none (try your best to avoid crashs)

-minimum of flight time / week : none

-forum topics : no politic or religious subjects

-Behavior expected: positive and respectful. This place is what you do with it, so contribute to the squadron is essential.

There is many ways to do it according of your time and skills: set missions, help new players to ride the Huey, report DCS news or information on the Huey /1st Cavalry Div. Manage a part of the squadron: USA players, Asia players...

thanks for the heads up

join

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

Am gonna hang around see where this goes as seems interesting.

Don't hang around come and join.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

What is the difference between "members" and "1stCavDiv members"?

Also there should be a "UH1 - general discussion"-thread in the forum.

There is its under General Discussion tab look at the forum the forum is about the Huey and only the Huey so there does not need to be a specific UH1 discussion area, anything you want to discuss about the Huey falls under General Discussion tab.

Anyone can join the difference between members and 1stCavDiv members is we are assigned to a group and members are not there are currently 3 groups USA, Europe, and Pacific Asia which is a bit thin on the ground and could do with more members.

System Spec.

C'mon TimeKilla, get in amongst it, what have you got to lose?

I signed up on the forums to show support as I think it's a great idea as the Huey is the most fun to fly for most of us into helicopters. :thumbup:

Will be looking out for when the next euro flight is give me a shout and will join everyone.

:)

Edited by TimeKilla

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

I signed up on the forums to show support as I think it's a great idea as the Huey is the most fun to fly for most of us into helicopters.

:thumbup: will see you in the skies

its probably easier if you keep an eye on the calendar thread, they fly fairly often

• 2 weeks later...

I am a member for a couple of weeks now..I passed my check ride, and having a great fun joining other members for MP flights.. Although majority of flights are non-combat, I enjoy every second of flying, sometimes with 8+ pilots online

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

I am a member for a couple of weeks now..I passed my check ride, and having a great fun joining other members for MP flights.. Although majority of flights are non-combat, I enjoy every second of flying, sometimes with 8+ pilots online

Me too combat operations and missions are being worked on and one is starting tonight.

System Spec.

• 2 years later...

I have recently been promoted to CO of Bravo Company (Europe) of the 229th and have started a dynamic(ish) campaign based on Bravo company's involvment with a Nato deployment to stop an insurgency methodically killing off the local population. As the vangard of the deployment B company has very little support in theatre at this time

The video is a small glimpse of our first mission in country

If this looks like your thing feel free to pop along and say hello using the link in my sig:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If this looks like your thing feel free to pop along and say hello using the link in my sig:)

Hi Cibit,

tried to look around on 229th's homepage, but dead links on all of the documents linked in the (general) Welcome letters, and couldn't find for instance SOP by manual search either. Did I miss something? I just want to sniff around for the Company's expectation towards potentional new members

THX

The SOP's are being reworked ATM but basically pop along say hi. Flying together can be daunting but rewarding, the instructor pilots are available if you want to progress through the wings program but there is no pressure to take any kind of test though most members are keen to get a check ride for basic wings.

As long as you enjoy flying the huey then you will enjoy flying with the 229th

What about the squadron rules ?

-minimum of flight skill : none (try your best to avoid crashs)

-minimum of flight time / week : none

-forum topics : no politic or religious subjects

-Behavior expected: positive and respectful. This place is what you do with it, so contribute to the squadron is essential.

There is many ways to do it according of your time and skills: set missions, help new players to ride the Huey, report DCS news or information on the Huey /1st Cavalry Div. Manage a part of the squadron

We have recently had several new members so you wouldn't be the only FNG;)

What part of the world are you from?

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]