System's not modeled

Mike Busutil

Is there a list of systems not modeled in the P-51?

Example: :book:

Is carb Ice simulated?

Does Gun heat work?

Does Pitot heat work?

Does the IFF control panel work?

Does the Homing adapter control panel work?

Does the canopy glass fog if the defroster is not on?

Do the circuit breakers under the bump plate work?

Is there any function of the Hot air control? (On the floor in front of the pilot seat)

Is there any function of the Cold air control? (On the floor right of the pilot seat)

Is there a performance loss with a hot engine?

Is there a performance loss with a cold engine?

Thank's for any intel on these items :D

Edited by Mike Busutil

• ED Team
Is there a list of systems not modeled in the P-51?

Example: :book:

1. Is carb Ice simulated?

2. Does Gun heat work?

3. Does Pitot heat work?

4. Does the IFF control panel work?

5. Does the Homing adapter control panel work?

6. Does the canopy glass fog if the defroster is not on?

7. Do the circuit breakers under the bump plate work?

8. Is there any function of the Hot air control?

9. Is there any function of the Cold air control?

10. Is there a performance loss with a hot engine?

11. Is there a performance loss with a cold engine?

Thank's for any intel on these items :D

1. Not yet and it is waiting for new features in Atmosphere Model regarding water content in the air in various areas, like clouds, fog, etc.

2. Yes

3. Must work, as in Ka-50 and A-10. If no - will be done. (Really useful question :) )

4. No

5. No as there are no necessary beacons in the World. If WWII World has the beacons it will be done. Possibly.

6. No, as there are no visual effects for frosting and fog yet.

7. Ask Olgerd, please.

8. If it's for engine air, it works, and engine performance depends on it. Hot unrammed air - not a single word to add... :) No positive effect keeping in mind the answer for #1.

9 The same

10. Yes

11. Yes

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

3. I've actually seen the airspeed indicator read incorrectly in cold conditions... and the pitot heat switch resolved it. So I do believe it is working.

6. This seems to be a fairly common occurrence in P-51 from what I've read. Would be nice to see it implemented later on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

• ED Team
Sorry, number 9 and 10 were regarding the hot air control on the floor in front of the seat and cold air control on the right on the seat.

If it's for environment, how can you notice it effect? :)

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Is carb Ice simulated?

1. Not yet and it is waiting for new features in Atmosphere Model regarding water content in the air in various areas, like clouds, fog, etc.

Does the canopy glass fog if the defroster is not on?

6. No, as there are no visual effects for frosting and fog yet.

Good to hear these things will be coming to the atmosphere model! Fogging and frosting canopy effects will be nice, but I still think a canopy rain effect would be the ultimate in immersive simming.

Good to hear these things will be coming to the atmosphere model! Fogging and frosting canopy effects will be nice, but I still think a canopy rain effect would be the ultimate in immersive simming.

Keeping in mind that as long as the Mustang's engine is running, barely any water would stick to the canopy. Single-engine propeller driven planes are very effective at blowing the windshield dry.

1 If "Humidity" feature has implemented on the Weather engine and Ice has simulated, can be icing conditions on the P-51D?

12 can be affected the P-51D engine by dusk or sand?

13 can be implemented on future that P-51D weapons?

- AN-M-38A2 Practice bomb

- AN-M30 general Propose bomb

- AN-M57M general Propose bomb

- AN-MK-17 depth chargue bomb

- AN-M58A1 semi-armour-piercing bomb

- AN-M10 chemical tank

Keeping in mind that as long as the Mustang's engine is running, barely any water would stick to the canopy. Single-engine propeller driven planes are very effective at blowing the windshield dry.

While true, I was speaking about the general atmosphere and effects. Effects like rain would have to have parameters that differed by aircraft.

The stuff in my sig... (Already answered by Yo-Yo)

Edited by Cedaway
  • Like 1

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

YES! ^ Very much this one!

Perhaps if the idle is set too low for long periods of time and the engine start to load up or foul plugs, the exhaust smoke becomes more visible...

Edited by Mike Busutil

• ED Team
YES! ^ Very much this one!

Perhaps if the idle is set too low for long periods of time and the engine start to load up or foul plugs, the exhaust smoke becomes more visible...

Yup, I know there is a lot going on in that engine on the code side, I would like a few more queues of that from the exhaust and such...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Yup, I know there is a lot going on in that engine on the code side, I would like a few more queues of that from the exhaust and such...

YES! I agree with most that the P-51D is a work of art... but I hope a few of the little things like this are refined.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

I'm not holding my breath for any p51 updates...they haven't done anything to it in the last bunch of patches. I really hope they keep adding these things but I don't know...

Maybe down the road when the WW2 module is done.

Intel i5 13600 cpu // Gigabyte z790 Aorus Elite AX // 64GB RAM // RTX4070ti // VKB Black Mamba MkIII // Warthog Throttle // TFRP Pedals // Rift S

+12: The Oxygen system and Anoxia

:thumbup:

Actually, hypoxia:

Hypoxia Flight Medicine definition:

======================

https://www.google.com/search?q=high+altitude+anoxia+definition&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=hypoxia+flight+medicine+definition&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial

Hypoxia Pilot Training:

==============

https://www.google.com/search?q=high+altitude+anoxia+definition&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=hypoxia+pilot+training&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial

I have seen hypoxia modeled in one of the older sims, pre-2000 era.

Edited by DieHard

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]