Counter Measures?

Bluedrake42

I'm not entirely sure how to use the flares and chaff in the MiG21. I've bound the countermeasures release key... but when I press it nothing happens... do I need to activate something or enable countermeasures? Also it looks like you can mount an ASO-2 countermeasure system to the back of the plane, are those my only countermeasures? Or are they just extra ones... and either way how do I use them haha

The mig-21 does not have flares or chaff unless you mount those countermeasure pods first.

(I watched your stream and you can edit your weapon loadout in the editor. You just have to make a new loadout or profile or whatever you might call it instead of trying to edit the one that's already there.)

Edited by Muppetlord

Also, you need to turn on SPRD power and release switches (both on right horizon panel) if using ASO

for SPS-141, the control box will appear,

and for switches from left to right (bottom row of control box): up, down, down, down, ...,

then right top row: up, up, ...

and then you can click the most right button of bottom row to manually release chaff/flare

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Yes, it is and it's possible for sure.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 4 weeks later...
-> ASO is mounted where the SPRD cartridges are.

So firing flares will be the same button ( SPRD Start)

there is a mistake in the controls section. It says SPRD Start / drop countermeasure but it is actually the Jettison SPRD button (the one on the throttle with the cover) that dispenses countermeasures. whether this is correct or not, I don't know.

when you dispense though I get one flare fired down and one chaff left behind the plane which feels realistic, however an additional chaff and flare are spawned on each side of the plane. I'm guessing this is a bug.

there is a mistake in the controls section. It says SPRD Start / drop countermeasure but it is actually the Jettison SPRD button (the one on the throttle with the cover) that dispenses countermeasures. whether this is correct or not, I don't know.

when you dispense though I get one flare fired down and one chaff left behind the plane which feels realistic, however an additional chaff and flare are spawned on each side of the plane. I'm guessing this is a bug.

Yeah, the binding names on those two seem reversed. A little odd, but easy enough to correct.

I can't get the ASO to fire flares or chaff ...

I created a tiny test mission: Takeoff from runway and besides the ASO nothing else is equipped. So I suppose, all normal systems are set up correctly.

Before take off, I switch on SPRD Power RH50 and SPRD Drop RH51. When airborne, I click SPRD drop LH60 and .... nothing happens (besides the button-depressing animation and a click sound).

I also tried the keyboard combos LSHIFT+SPACE and LCTRL+SPACE without success.

Halp! :o)

You have to hold down the drop button(LH60) on first try until you hear the sound that its dropping chaff/flares. After that it works normally either by holding it down or pressing it once.

Note that I don't know if it operates like this on the real aircraft or if its a bug. Also make sure you open the red cover before pressing it if using a keybinding for it. :smartass:

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X

AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT 

G.Skill 32GB (2 x 16GB) Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz

After a few hours of sleep, I tried it now again. Works. At the first try. The very same mission (DCS was still running, LOL).

I swear, I did nothing differently now, but it works. Thanks guys! :o)

Talking about key bindings ... yes, I read about the misleading description - and I tried either SPRD Drop and also SPRD Start, both did not work ... anyways, about key bindings - am I mistaken or are there no key bindings for the SPS-141!? I understood the manual in a way, that the same key binding should also work for the SPS pod - but it doesn't.

Yeah, the binding names on those two seem reversed. A little odd, but easy enough to correct.

Reported

No longer active in DCS...