How to colorize LITENING CCD Show?

loo_ohs

Look at the following figure

attachment.php?attachmentid=112539&stc=1&d=1423202364

attachment.php?attachmentid=112540&stc=1&d=1423202364

I don't want to use third party software, please tell me the method of modify the parameters of configuration file.

In addition, how to make the cockpit MFCD don't show or with split screen MFCD shows at the same time?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It isn't in colour when viewed in the real thing, so having it in colour in DCS World would in my opinion give an unfair advantage, and simply be wrong.

A search on MFCD configuration will bring up all the relevant information about how to position MFCDs in multi monitor displays, and how to switch them off in the cockpit.

One way:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=125728

Sgt Baker's erxcellent ultraMFCD has a checky box to enable a MLU for "colour Litening's"

No idea if this exists in any form, but its there anyway.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

As for your second question

In addition, how to make the cockpit MFCD don't show or with split screen MFCD shows at the same time?
I need that translated into English before being able to help. Google was no help.

Actually, I think I get you now. You may mean

"How to turn off the display of the MFCD's in the 3D pit after exporting them to a second monitor."

Great question actually I would like to know myself as this is another feature of http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=125728

Maybe ask the dev in there?

As for the question why to do it:

I read somewhere that Rafael included that functionality in the most recent upgrade for the Litening II.

However I do not know whether the A-10C carries that version. I am also pretty that even if the answer to that is yes, OUR version of the A-10C will probably not be able to carry it.

Actually, I think I get you now. You may mean

"How to turn off the display of the MFCD's in the 3D pit after exporting them to a second monitor."

Great question actually I would like to know myself as this is another feature of http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=125728

Maybe ask the dev in there?

attachment.php?attachmentid=112550&stc=1&d=1423225574

attachment.php?attachmentid=112551&stc=1&d=1423225578

YES!

I don't want to use the software, because if I use it, I had to give up some other things.

I hope I can by modifying some lua files, and to implement these functions。

Who can help me?

001.thumb.png.cef6b2d18ef90d8f38fe3bf5c93533c6.png

002.thumb.png.214cc42f72b5650e20a19d63c14d4f02.png

Edited by loo_ohs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:poster_offtopic: (Why this guy looks angry?)

P*Funk, JayPee; You guys made my day! :D :D

I laughed suddenly, and I was in a conference. People stared at me. :D

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Not where I'm from its not...............

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

It's COLOR not COLOUR.

WC

:doh:

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

I pulled up Raphael's data sheet for the Litening, Litening II, AT and other versions and nothing I can see them advertise is in colour. I also looked for litening on Youtube and its all greyscale there from what I see.

Not to say it isn't but really would like to see some evidence. The US did upgrade all the Litenings as part of a multimillion dollar deal, but those are greyscale too.

These things cost 1.2 million each. I wonder if greyscale is deliberate.

Interesting read, thanks!

It is indeed that color doesn't help you much. Which is why it isn't important.

What makes you say that?

I mean, something as simple as "target is marked by red smoke" or "friendlies marked by green smoke" or whatever would be so much easier if the TGP image was in color.

Let alone "suspects drive a red vehicle, with a gray vehicle in front and a white one following" or "the enemy have hidden in a barn with a large blue truck parked in front of it" or something along these lines...

Well, in the past the problems with color CCD were things like:

- most missions are flown at night anyway, you can't see colors there

- colors are often subjective. People tend to disagree with each other over colors

- color CCD chips are usually worse in resolution and/or brightness, compared to black&white ones. The ability to distinguish objects from one another by their shape and to see them at all was considered more important than seeing their color.

- pilots prefer the WHOT or BHOT IR image over the CCD anyway.You have much better contrast (at least if your target is either alive or something else that produces heat, like an engine)

But of course you are right, there are certainly situations where it comes in handy, like the examples you provided. Police helicopters for example have been using color CCD cameras for quite a while.

I guess we can agree that a high resolution color CCD sure would be nice, and very helpful in some situations.

Damn, that means with the newest Litening, we may have to mod our Warthogs so that the boat switch becomes a 4-way-switch. :D