DCS F-105 Thunderchief

Jaktaz

I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere here before, but I believe the F-105 would be very popular in DCS. It's a dedicated strike bomber, something that DCS doesn't currently have and won't, with Razbam's A-7 corsair being the only contender. The Thud has a lot of charm with its earthy camo and heavy looking fuselage and wings. It has the ability to carry a huge bombload and fly very fast and low, and would be great in missions with the threat of Mig-21's looming.

• Like 2

DCS Vietnam War? With all the stuff. A-4, A-6, F-4, F-8...remembering well the Jane's USNF :joystick::thumbup:

• Like 1

Fractal Define R6 | Maximus XI Hero | i7-9700K@5.1GHz | GTX 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | SSD M.2 1TB | VG248QE | TM Hotas Warthog | TrackIR4

DCS F-5E | MiG-21 | A-10C | FC3 | NTTR | F/A-18C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would enjoy the F-105, F-104, F-5 and especially the F-4. I really enjoy Vietnam era aircraft.

• Like 1

"Failure is always an option and landing is always optional."

-Cal the Almighty

-Founder of the Pandas

-Callsign: Mother

Warning: Prolonged exposure to DCS Forums may cause tourettes syndrome.

Sometimes I don't know which plane to fly:helpsmilie::pilotfly:

Well,Razbam has plans to make a Thud someday according to their future plans.But not for at least 5 to 6 years since there focus is on the Harrier AV-8/GR 7&9 and other aircraft for now.But the Thunderchief doesn't have to be explicitly used for a Vietnam Map only.They also served in Europe too,so they could be used in a hypothetical war with the Soviet Union over the Fulda Gap.

I'm sure this has been mentioned somewhere here before, but I believe the F-105 would be very popular in DCS. It's a dedicated strike bomber, something that DCS doesn't currently have and won't, with Razbam's A-7 corsair being the only contender. The Thud has a lot of charm with its earthy camo and heavy looking fuselage and wings. It has the ability to carry a huge bombload and fly very fast and low, and would be great in missions with the threat of Mig-21's looming.

I definitely want a Thud. It is huge, fast and just awesome. I also want it because one of my DCS dream rides is the main Vietnam War nemesis of the Thud and all the other US Vietnam rides, the Mig-17F Fresco. Sooner or later, I am sure a team or teams will make both rides. It is just a matter of when. :thumbup: MJ

Edited by mjmorrow

• 5 years later...

Seeing how we now have a Thud model, did anyone ever make any Vietnam RP6 style missions?

I can see coming from the east as a run down towards Thud Ridge into Hanoi.

Screen_210601_153728.png

Edited by Saguanay
Added pic
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Saguanay said:

Seeing how we now have a Thud model, did anyone ever make any Vietnam RP6 style missions?

I can see coming from the east as a run down towards Thud Ridge into Hanoi.

I really hate that mod since it is flaming cliffs. It flies like a Flanker with one engine out. I really want to work on a thud mod on par with the A-4 but I don't have the skills. I will only use the mod we have as an ai plane

• Like 1