Proposal for ED to make a “ED DCS Sim - Visual Development Road MAP Overview”

WRAITH

Proposal for ED to make a “ED DCS Sim - Visual Development Road MAP Overview”

To ED TEAM,

This proposal is to help the Community as a way to better communicate DCS development through clear visual aid process and development plan pathway.

As a business, mapping out what and how the development of the game visually looks like and tracking the current or undergoing stages in development or areas as ED Team deems necessary as a project in development.

With the use of a process work flow format that makes sense to the community you target as a market.

The community then can better track current stages and observe the change logs instead of clogging up the Forum with the same concerns and in reply posts or recreating the same threads over time. That I have observed like many its usually just repeated information that is old or known delays in development.

To illustrate there are several areas in the Forum that do not correlate or communicate this intent with clarity and professionalism. On current development design and planning but only make it hard to read or understand the “Big Picture” or “Development Overview” aka Road Map in real current development of circumstances in Forum that ED are at in developing the DCS simulation.

For example:-

As you can see tracking info that’s found on Russian Forum, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube or Forum Tabs is cumbersome and unclear to follow.

So why not create just above the “The Official Updates Thread” make a Tab for either Admin or an ED Senior Lead Engineer Programmer to create a “Visual Project Road Map and Overview”.

It would be an easy solution to a messy Forum situation with mixed information or unclear to users/customers to look and read at a "Project Road Map" in construct from a Development Plan view and sequence of events (Current WIP areas in development) posted in Forum and keep updating the Change logs from that perspective.

Similar to this.........

02_zpsael7yhet.jpg

03_zpshbhahqzd.png

01_zpskv1aqljm.png

( * NOTE:- Also to add there are powerful Forum Software platforms that offer tools to implement this also. )

Professional High Trend Road Map Templates can be found here:- https://www.google.com.au/search?q=trendy+product+roadmap+template&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&ei=dI0IWci7N8fN8gef7bWADA

Made in a professional way with boxes in a tree branch format explaining the road map process using shapes, headings, connectors, colors etc

Kind of what you see on "GitHub Projects" with project illustrations on development pathway in a flow chart diagram type tree branch they do that really good.

Also its not revealing any sensitive business information, just general market audience product information only for current project tracking by us the user/customer/community same as you see in the Forum but scattered unfortunately.

Also Admin or a Senior Lead Engineer Programmer can mark or use some kind of color or check box effect on the current area in development, to keep it alive so to speak like for example now its currently at.

For example:-

STEP1

(Migrating DCS-WORLD 1.5 and 2.1 and patching it so it works as its in transition state )

Some videos to watch:-

Well I have discussed this with a moderator in a general way and other users and in other games as well.

In many instances its a missing medium that helps communicate and translate the difficulties in developing a flight simulation video game or video games in general. In a small dedicated developer group team dealing with the complexities of programming and game feature modules like DCS.

Some game Forums have something like this but I think its needed here at DCS and should have been done years ago for community benefit to follow.

I'm proposing this to ED Team and WAGS to consider if its accepted as a valid suggestion and opinion moving forward.

Kind Regards

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

Out of interest, I would really like to know which developers communicate their roadmaps to their fanbase, especially with such elaborate visual representations? :) (Cloud Imperium doesn't count)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I do prefer when things are explained to me in colors and shapes. :lol:

Seriously, though, this looks like someone spent way too much time giving flashy corporate presentations. There is no real information of substance that we don't already have access to, just pretty graphics.

We already get a weekly update, frequently with pictures and videos, from the devs about things currently in development and newly available products.

We have Silver Dragon's unofficial roadmap, which basically does everything you're asking already minus the graphics...I'd rather the team focus on developing maps and modules than giving a TED talk every time someone in the office farts. ;)

Yeah, well sure all is funny and jokes are many LoL

But the Forum tells no lies when people are repeat posting asking for When, What and Why after so many years, getting frustrated and upset and leaving which is sad.

On the weekend I spent 2 hours digging through threads that many here have posted the very thing I am addressing.

The things that people have said over the years here in this Forum and other online places that I have tracked personally; give good reason for this proposal alone.

I might say in honesty myself included we all would like a dream sim right, just look at the current user list a sad reality of what is today for many reasons.

Although here I am scratching my head finding a solution to answer member concerns that an "Official ED Product Road Map" that would be actively updated in a few minutes would help the community and benefit the readers with a simple one click and look method or approach that would also link you to the change logs if properly managed yes it would work to support the development of the sim.

It would also help in areas of Moderation when I have witnessed many here who have had to explain and the history and/or how ED does things or current state of development correcting assumptions or misunderstandings that have led to community infighting because of confusing information on Forums or discussions that leave one thinking a soon release or ED promised this type Forum replies and online links but this is not about the ugly sad side of sims but how to improve hence the proposal/suggestion.

I could elaborate further to support the proposal but I have already PM Chizh and WAGs for their consideration.

The Forum does not lie neither does the online discussions with concerns and opinions (negative and positive) lie either we all have them on how the sim world is right.

I'm here to help take the proposal seriously or not matters not to me I am here to help regardless of banter or whether people like or support the idea or not is no skin off my nose.

Yes it would definitely benefit the community instantly on how the project information is presented to inform the community coming straight from ED Admin or ED Senior Lead Engineer Programmer.

Also less work for all in DCS Forum in regards to keeping up to date on DCS development your chosen sim of choice thats why you are here right.

I'm just trying to improve morale through better communication planning thats all in a nutshell and hopefully build a new community 18-70 years of age that would work best for future development considering the time and money we all spend on sims as an investment and hobby of choice.

Cheers guys :smilewink: :thumbup:

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

But the Forum tells no lies when people are repeat posting asking for When, What and Why after so many years, getting frustrated and upset and leaving which is sad.

these people only have themselves to blame because they are too lazy to even take the effort to read information freely available, on subjects they claim to be interested in. they also choose to selectively believe in misinformation while completely disregarding credible or official information.

if you want to go around playing the fixer that is your prerogative, but it is not ed's responsibility to fix someone else's stupidity.

Edited by probad

• ED Team

I'm just trying to improve morale through better communication planning thats all in a nutshell and hopefully build a new community 18-70 years of age that would work best for future development considering the time and money we all spend on sims as an investment and hobby of choice.

Cheers guys :smilewink: :thumbup:

Actually I am pretty happy with our community right now, sure we all have our moments, but for the most part over the past few years its really grown into a good solid group. I dont see bad morale, everyone is excited about the stuff we have and the stuff coming. Its not perfect, there are things that need fixed, and there are modules we all want now instead of later, but at the end of the day, I think these forums are really a strong place now.

ED's communication currently is enough now. Its not going to get hopes up, but it keeps people excited about stuff thats within our grasp. You might think more info might make people happier, but if we knew what ED had planned for the next 10 years, I doubt people would be happier... just more anxious about what they dont have.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Fixer, tsst, careful, careful you will catch yourself out here.

I have read many of your posts, especially when you talk they way you do with assertiveness as if you are more than others.

Anyway not here for this with you, tired of it to be honest.

You read what you want to and you say you are part of the community call others stupid okay m8 we are all stupid then everyone in the sim community is stupid okay.

Nevermind the stupid people then.

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

:lol:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Good on ya Wraith. You speak for a large number of people in this community.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Thanks M8 really appreciate it!

Good on ya Wraith. You speak for a large number of people in this community.

Thank you very much honestly M8 I need guys like you as well. :thumbup:

Tired of the ..........

...................well you guys figure it out seeya!

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg