Troops embark broken... Again?

I experienced something that resembles what you are describing last week. I thought it was something I did wrong. I will try to fly it and post a track later when I get home.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Current Beta it works fine... SP of course.

Ensure on the Client helo that the advanced waypoint embarking and associated troops is enabled and added at spawn point NOT at any waypoint.... if you do that the troops will not load.

Of course with troops you put the embarking WP at the WP required.

SIGBLOCK.png

Hi, I just flew this mission a few times. the troops won't embark,one time they almost did it, but stopped and just stood there. It is kind of a complicated mission as we fly it online in our squad. it may be worth a bug report. you will see I am still trying to figure out the cargo in zone trigger, and is unrelated to this issue. here is 2 tracks and the mission file:

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok. After several tests here my 2 cents.

Is clear that the system to load troops has changed again. The mission that was working a couple of weeks ago, does not work anymore.

Troops needed to have advanced waypoint embark, but there was no need to setup anything in the Client/player Mi-8, not even to set where the troops needed to embark in. Gave them the command to embark or disembark and they were doing just fine, even they were going to specific waypoints after being deployed and performing other tasks if needed. This was ideal as there were 2 different tasks, both Rescue, and there were no waypoints sets for the mission Client/Player Helo. This way there was a good free will about what to do first.

Now, that this setup does not work, seems that I can not avoid setting waypoints for the Player to embark/disembark specific troops.

Here is the problem I found so far, after several tests:

Using waypoint system and adding the Unit to be picked up and doing it so with Unit itself, does only work when Helo is in SP waypoint (First waypoint before taking off). If we try to embark, for example, in the player's waypoint 1, Unit/troops will approach the Mi-8 but won't embark.

I understand the latest patch has correct some issue about differences between the number of troops loaded and deployed in some cases. But is a pity that the system has changed again because before it was working like a charm. :(

I have been editing the same mission during months and working around the way I was embarking and disembarking my troops already 3 times because the updates have broken the way it was working before.

Edited by Grajo

I can only reiterate that embarking and dismbarking in SP is working fine PROVIDING you have the Advanced Waypoints set up correctly.

Set the AWpt on the helo at spawn not at a WP and set the troops you want to pick up and yes it will handle multiple groups.

Set the Troop AWpt on a WP. set the AC type and distance radius from AWpt to pick up troops.

If your troops run towards the aircraft and do not get in check you put the AWpt to embark at the AC spawn point and NOT at a WP.

Simple miz attached. Pick up the troops by the truck and drop off further west along the runway somewhere the end... they will disembark and continue along their merry path of WPs.

test.miz

SIGBLOCK.png

Thanks, Gizzy for taking the time to prepare an example mission and share it with us :thumbup:.

I have applied the method to Mi-8 loading multiple units in different waypoints and does work great, as you say, they keep going with their next waypoints and duties after being deployed anywhere, what is key. Also, they do not need to have a specific Helo assigned to pick them up what is good too.

Best thing is that Players/Client Mi-8 does not need any waypoints !!! Just adding and embark advanced waypoint command in the spawn point and adding all the units you will like to pick up during the mission to it's list makes the trick. Really simple and working method.

Here a couple of question Gizzy; Has this method been consistent for you during the last year until now? Would this work in a Multiplayer Coop?

Thank you very much for your help, really appreciate it!

de nada...

I do not know whether how this has been working over the past year.... I never use it except in B Coy 229th SP training missions demonstrating weight gain / loss with troop embark / disembark.

No, unfortunately it does not work in MP, never really has, whether it ever will I do not know...

SIGBLOCK.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Grizzly. ED has definitely changed this! My old missions don't work as previously.

The key is to set the Advanced WP "embark" at spawn point of the helo. Not at the pick up wp as before.

Trouble is I get a DCS crash every time...? Auto crash log sent in.

So it still doesn't work for me. The change has broken my missions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

• 4 weeks later...
de nada...

I do not know whether how this has been working over the past year.... I never use it except in B Coy 229th SP training missions demonstrating weight gain / loss with troop embark / disembark.

No, unfortunately it does not work in MP, never really has, whether it ever will I do not know...

I confirm that actually, the embark/disembark behavior that we were disusing here, that can include way points that are followed by units after disembarking...

Does work online! :]

At least it did for us in a cooperative mission we few with 4 Mi-8 pilots and 2 Mig-15bis pilots.

I was the host and was not me who embarked and disembarked the rescued troop.

Posting this in case it might help others palming their online missions.

Here the moment when troop is disembarked and walks to his next waypoint; a Mi-8 ambulance was suppose to be right in the part of the Farp where he disappears... I hide it in mission editor, did not know that hidden static objects seems not to appear inside mission.:doh:

*Not sure how server sync works but I started/unpaused the server after all the pilots were ready inside the cockpits of their machines. If this could make any difference or not I do not know.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Ran test on these mission in multiplayer today. Anyone after the first person to join the server will not get the Embarking menu under Airborn Troops. Can anyone else confirm this?

I ran a coop mission 2 weeks ago with this feature. I was the host and I was the only one who got the embarking menu. Didn't work for the other players.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This last bit sounds a lot like it's connected to a bug that appeared in the dynamic Through the Inferno missions in later versions, where the comms menus that control everything would not show up for people who joined the mission online.

I wonder if the issue is that ED has changed how the menu is populated and made persistent (i.e. it's not) throughout a mission and that it now only does so at the very beginning for people who are actually around when that happens. Anyone who comes in later does not get the menu items. It used to be that you could fiddle with the menu and it would propagate to other clients properly, but that stopped working a while back.

This sounds like another instance of that bug.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• 2 weeks later...
Is this still the case? Only one/first/host can control the embarking menu?

No, seems to be buggy, or random, or just works...

In another coop with my squadron last night:

2 MiG-15, 2 Su-25T and 2 Mi-8.

-None of the Mi-8 were host or first to join the server.

Embarcando-Tropas.jpg

Both of us embarking troops.

Ooto-el-Salvador.jpg

Comrade HR_Ooto disembarking troops (I was shot down and dead, burn in flames with the rest of the crew..)

Server was un-paused, like usually, after all pilots were loaded inside their cockpits. No server joining during the mission or so.

Is this still the case? Only one/first/host can control the embarking menu?

Tested it again last weekend and got the same results as I did before: Host was able to use it, clients were not.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

That's a good question! We tested with Hueys, but that shouldn't make a difference.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg