Tooltips too small at high resolutions

Nate--IRL--

As per title, is there any way of increasing the size of the text of the tooltips? They are barely readable when using 1680 x 1050. Its almost impossible to co-ordinate the mouse & trackIR as you necessarily move you head closer to the screen to read them.

Nate

Seems like its time to learn what the buttons do! :megalol:

Just kidding mate. ;) I guess it will be a bit hard to be a newbie in that cockpit for me too as i use the same res. Maybe theres a solution though - lets wait for a reply by them who know. :smartass:

Regards

Alex "Snuffer" D.

AMD FX8350 (8 core) 4.1GHZ ::: 8GB Dominator 1600mhz ::: GTX660 2GB ::: 2xHD ::: 24" ASUS

As per title, is there any way of increasing the size of the text of the tooltips? They are barely readable when using 1680 x 1050. Its almost impossible to co-ordinate the mouse & trackIR as you necessarily move you head closer to the screen to read them.

Nate

I agree with you, tools tips, labels, radio are small at hi rez. Maybe there is a tweak in the config for this.

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, i don't mind their size and I have a 1680x1050

monitor...but I would really like a keyboard shortcut added

to the labels.

i mind. :thumbup:

after all, if their function is helping us out, why not

make them more accessible? maybe ED can change this in

5 minutes.

also, it would be great if i could enable/disable them...

the more i know about the cockpit, the less i need them,

to the point i won't need them at all.

both the large fonts and shortcuts ideas are really

appreciated!

I haven't tried this myself, but you might want to edit Hint_localizer.lua, which is in ....\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit, since it has all the tooltips in text format. You could then add the keyboard shortcut if desired.

You might also look at clickabledata.lua in the same dir, it seems related.

Edited by miguez

I would like to bump this thread, I would also like to find an option.

I am using a 30” widescreen at 2560x1600 resolution. I like it, and I don’t want to lower it. My problem is that when I move the cursor over any clickable switches, the text label is too small to read it. Is there a way to change the font size of these labels? Thanks

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Thats helpful

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Just edit Hint_localizer.lua, which is in ....\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit, since it has all the tooltips in text format. Add the keyboard shortcut if desired.

mine are in russian! :(

did a quick search, but could not find the english ones.

but what about font size?

thanks for the tip!

Thats the thing, I have no idea what file to look into,,,, each one I open is kinda not to clear? It looks like an English and Russian combo,, unless there is a particular program file I should use to open them? but more importantly, I need to know if it is doable, if so which file and which line gets edited?

Which file and line are you refering to to change to upper case, and what program are you using to edit these files?

i didn't tried to change anything, cause the english tooltips

are the indexes to the tooltips array in that file

(\Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Hint_localizer.lua).

i think it could break the tooltip system, 'cause in most

systems, array indexes are used to relate different parts of

the system.

i didn't tried to change anything, cause the english tooltips

are the indexes to the tooltips array in that file

(\Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\Hint_localizer.lua).

i think it could break the tooltip system, 'cause in most

systems, array indexes are used to relate different parts of

the system.

See this.

I see you were able to edit the default text, question is how?

• 1 year later...