Updated Training Missions

EvilBivol-1

Although not entirely available in Beta3, all of the current training missions have now been completed with voiceover and revised triggers to prevent the player from skipping ahead or triggering multiple VOs at the same time. Some of the missions have also been revised to start in the air rather than require the player to take off.

It would be helpful if some of you could run through some of the missions and provide feedback.

You can download the missions here and simply unpack them into any directory of your choosing.

For anyone trying the landing mission, once you set the HSI to 130 as instructed, change it back to 123. WIP/bug.

Thank you,

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Awesome stuff, thanks very much :)

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

I did the unguided bombs training last night and it was flawless. There were a few times when I hit the spacebar to advance, where it seemed the "training" was doing a catch up but the lag time was not bad at all. It was very well done

"To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home."-----anonymous

I just tried the Maverick training a couple of times and it just hangs, hour glassing. I also got an error message with Guns and Rockets but PGM seemed to work although I didn't go all the way till the end.

SlapStik

TM Warthog #1547, TM TPR Pedals, TM MFD pack & TIR4

I've so far done the Startup, Takeoff and DSMS training and I'm extremely pleased with them! There's a lot of new information and the new flow with better triggers and pauses till the text is finished is really well done! This is a great improvement over the Beta 1 versions by far.

The Takeoff and Navigation one had the same error as before. You'll complete the 360 degree turn at the end of the lesson, get the "This is the end of training" message then immediately get the "you deviated too far, setup again" message.

One suggestion would be to add in the ATC steps to the startup, taxi (not really covered in any lesson so far) and takeoff lessons. This might be difficulty with the differences of Easy Comms or not however.

Gonna check out the Mav one next since it's apparently having problems. - Just tried the Mav lesson and it was much better than before. It didn't crash for me like others though, but did have some inconsistencies like it said 2 tanks when there was four and had me start with the H but then called the D an H later.

Edited by kylania

I tried the A2A training mission and got stuck.

Behind the Frogfoots, (feets?) at 235 indicated, and hit the right OBS 6 for A2A.

Made the TGP the SOI by hitting "K" as I don't have my Saitek X-52 Pro setup to do

COOLIE hat right long.

The right MFD shows "No Maverick" and the in mission briefing goes away, and stays

that way. Tried cycling through "K" to get back to A2A, but nothing helps it to proceed.

Gun rounds do nothing to the Su's, after I gave it up and went ballistic...

__EDIT___

Tried it a second time, same issues, except for the gun, HOLY MOLY! Totally

decimated both of them with the ferocious Gau-8A!

There are many more pieces than I can count...

ScreenShot_021.thumb.jpg.c3143f194f1b34b3572ee85a86411e81.jpg

Edited by Spectre_USA
Addendum

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A tale of 2 hogs

Hi, ..

There's a Text discrepancy in the Landing Training Mission.

When the Instructor talks about the AOA Indexer, specifically about what the Down and Up arrows/indicator means, although what he says is correct, the Text is incorrect.

i.e.

When he says the Down arrow means your speed is too low - the text says too fast.

When he says the UP arrow means your speed is too Fast - the text says too low.

This is with Beta 3, with the updated Training Missions.

Cheers .. :)

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Thanks for the tests so far, they are helpful.

Made the TGP the SOI by hitting "K" as I don't have my Saitek X-52 Pro setup to do

COOLIE hat right long.

The right MFD shows "No Maverick" and the in mission briefing goes away, and stays

that way. Tried cycling through "K" to get back to A2A, but nothing helps it to proceed.

Sounds like you used a short press K command, which cycled the page, instead of the long press command, which would have set the display as SOI.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forum Rules

I just tried the Maverick training a couple of times and it just hangs, hour glassing. I also got an error message with Guns and Rockets but PGM seemed to work although I didn't go all the way till the end.

I've gotten the Maverick training to run twice and hang maybe 3 times. I've not found a common cause for the hanging but will post if I do.

Thanks

SlapStik

TM Warthog #1547, TM TPR Pedals, TM MFD pack & TIR4

Quick note, installed the patch, total errors, restarted the program twice. Third restart, error messages still there, but could fly some. Don't ask me how, but tonight, no error messages.

Start up, Nav, and landing all seem to be fine except no voice on the narrarator on the landing mission. Instructional blocks were there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]HP d5000T/Vista SP1/Intel® Core 2 Quad CPU Q9490 @ 2.66 Ghz 3.00 GB Ram/32 bit OS/Nvidia GeForce 9500GT.

The landing tutorial is extremely impressive. The triggers, narration and autopilot handoffs work almost perfectly and convey a LOT of information about approach and radio procedures as well as technique for landing the bird such as approach altitudes and airspeeds. The voice instructions are clear, authoritative and very well read. I got out ahead of the script once but otherwise it behaved flawlessly in four tries and is the best approach and landing TM I've flown in any sim.

Quick note, installed the patch, total errors, restarted the program twice. Third restart, error messages still there, but could fly some. Don't ask me how, but tonight, no error messages.

Start up, Nav, and landing all seem to be fine except no voice on the narrarator on the landing mission. Instructional blocks were there.

I can't seem to pass the countermesures mission past the su 27.

Also, is there any tutorial to help with radio / jtac?

I think you might have missed the updated missions link in the first post.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Forum Rules

Thought I'd run through the new training missions to check for new content. I have to say that they are far better than the original beta 1 & 2 TMs that I've used before. The flow is much better and the content is excellent. I particularly like the landing mission. I'm only up to the DSMS mission - no crashes/problems so far :thumbup:

I have tested a few:

-Air to air does not finish; when instructor says you have to close in to Su-25 nothing happens.

-Countermeasures does not finish.

-Landing does not work properly; I have followed all instructions and they take you to the wrong position (yes, I have set the HSI to 123).

i7 920@4.0Ghz, 12 GB RAM, ATI 4890, LG L246WHX@1920x1200, Saitek X52 Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder pedals, TrackIR4, Audigy 2ZS, Logitech G9x, Vista 64bit.