FW190D: estimated availability 04/2014

ishtmail

Anyone noticed that if you select the Reward "DCS World: FW.190" and save, it will say 'estimated availability: 04/2014'?

I'm very giddy about this. Within a month, I might be flying my Dora in DCS: World...

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

mine just says accepted.

Did you select the DCS:World FW.190 Reward, or just the DCS:WW2 FW190 flyable airplane?

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

Did you select the DCS:World FW.190 Reward, or just the DCS:WW2 FW190 flyable airplane?

My Availible Options were:

Your Selected Flyables:

DCS WWII: P-47D

DCS WWII: Spitfire

DCS WWII: BF-109K4

DCS WWII: FW-190D9

With the Options Of:

DCS WWII: ME.262A1

DCS WWII: P-51D ( I already have a P-51D License)

I didnt have an section for Rewards at the $20 Level.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Just to clarify, my biggest involvement with the FW 190 is that I wrote its manual, and now I'm the team's best expert on all the cockpit procedures.

I know the team is really shooting to have this ready as soon as humanly possible, and they're very close, but please don't take this information as a confirmed official release date. I don't think anyone could tell you when it'll be ready yet. Things always seem to go wrong at the worst time, and we're obviously not releasing the Dora until it's perfect.

So, At my backer level I dont get a Dora Key until DCSWWII is in beta, while a higher level gets the key to use in DCSW, Correct?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

So, At my backer level I dont get a Dora Key until DCSWWII is in beta, while a higher level gets the key to use in DCSW, Correct?

Right. I think the first backer tier that had the DCS version of the 190 was $85.

Technically, the developers of DCS WWII are a separate entity from the developers of FW 190, and the FW 190 product is owned by the Fighter Collection. We can't comp or offer discounts on TFC products at all, so, unfortunately, this is what we have to do.

Hi and thank you very much for that info on the possible FW-190 release date!

Do we get access to the FW-190 at release if we select it only in the flyable menu and not as a separate reward?

Reposting from the other thread

The flyables vs rewards is the difference between DCS FW 190 and DCS WWII FW 190, or the two versions of the P-51.

DCS P-51 is already available.

DCS WWII is not available yet, so you can only fly the P-51 in DCS, but not in DCS WWII.

DCS FW-190 will be ready soon.

DCS WWII will be ready later, so you'll be able to fly the DCS FW-190 earlier than the DCS WWII version.

In other words, you would select the DCS (not WWII) versions of these planes so you can fly them when they are available, before DCS WWII is ready.

My Availible Options were:

Your Selected Flyables:

With the Options Of:

DCS WWII: ME.262A1

DCS WWII: P-51D ( I already have a P-51D License)

I didnt have an section for Rewards at the $20 Level.

Ah, yes...

That's it. The DCS:World version of Dora was available as a Reward for higher pledges.

My $80 pledge gives me 6 Flyable slots for DCS:WW2, and also two Reward slots (which I chose as 'Alpha access' and 'DCS:World FW190).

Instead of those two Rewards, I could have chosen the manuals, for instance.

At first: Great!!! :thumbup: and thank you Ilya!

Right. I think the first backer tier that had the DCS version of the 190 was $85.

Ah, yes...

That's it. The DCS:World version of Dora was available as a Reward for higher pledges.

My $80 pledge gives me 6 Flyable slots for DCS:WW2, and also two Reward slots (which I chose as 'Alpha access' and 'DCS:World FW190).

Instead of those two Rewards, I could have chosen the manuals, for instance.

I´ve also pledged the 80$ MATRIX Tier

This was significant thought through and planed by me to fly the Dora in DCS World at soon as possible (maybe early 2014 ;-)

@Ilya: Can you confirm that this ^^ is possible so?

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

The flyables vs rewards is the difference between DCS FW 190 and DCS WWII FW 190, or the two versions of the P-51.

DCS WWII is not available yet, so you can only fly the P-51 in DCS, but not in DCS WWII.

DCS WWII will be ready later, so you'll be able to fly the DCS FW-190 earlier than the DCS WWII version.

In other words, you would select the DCS (not WWII) versions of these planes so you can fly them when they are available, before DCS WWII is ready.

I still need some clarification. I already own and fly the DCS P51 in DCS World and I have the option to select as a reward the DCS FW190 which I could then fly in DCS World maybe even as soon as April. If I do nothing else but select AS A REWARD the DCS FW190 and ignore choosing any "flyables" will I be able to later fly my currently owned DCS P51 and DCS FW190 in DCS WWII when it is released? Or do I need 4 keys: DCS P51, DCS FW190, DCS WWII P51, and DCS WWII FW190 in order to fly the Dora & P51 both now and later when DCS WWII is realeased?

And what about "backward compatibility"?

Do I need to choose P-51 in "flyable" section to use it in WWII if I already have DCS module?

I'd like to know as well.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I selected as additional rewards Alpha Access.. and the DCS Dora.

Since the Dora will be available within a month. shouldn't I have alpha access to the Dora right now?

As far as I understand it, you will have DCS:World access to the FW190-D9 once ED releases it. (Which appears to be soon) Alpha access is in regards to DCS:WWII and that is dependent upon EDGE and its release.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

As far as I understand it, you will have DCS:World access to the FW190-D9 once ED releases it. (Which appears to be soon) Alpha access is in regards to DCS:WWII and that is dependent upon EDGE and its release.

Thing is, this was what it says on the package I selected for backer reward:

...plus a digital copy of DCS World FW-190D-9 with beta access (when available in early 2014) and a digital copy of DCS World P-51D Mustang (on successful kickstarter completion).

Again this is copied directly from the kickstarter entry. I don't have alpha access to DCS WWII as part of the package so they aren't talking about that, instead it sounds like I'm supposed to have a beta access for the 190 (as the P-51 description says nothing about beta access). So based on the description some of us should have been flying the 190 before ED releases it to the public. Now I'm not saying I have a problem with having to wait until ED releases the 190 to everyone as all I cared about was just getting a 190 as a reward. If I don't get her until release I'm perfectly fine with that, but it does sound like some backers should have had beta time with the 190 before it is released.

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Umm, when a new Module comes out it's usually in BETA for a bit after release.

no where does it say that you get EARLY BETA Access,

You will get access when it goes open beta most likely.

TooTall:

Every single DCS module to date was first made available as 'beta', an unfinished product. And everyone could buy it and fly it.

So, just because you have 'beta access' listed with your FW190, it doesn't mean you'll fly it before everyone else. You will fly the Beta version, when they release it. And when they do release the beta version, everyone will be able to buy it, just like any other DCS module to date (including P51D, A10C, Huey, Mi8 (which is still in beta), FC3...).

If the kickstarter page said 'closed beta', or even 'alpha', then yes, you'd fly it before it was made available for purchase.

But regular beta was always public.

Technically, the developers of DCS WWII are a separate entity from the developers of FW 190, and the FW 190 product is owned by the Fighter Collection. We can't comp or offer discounts on TFC products at all, so, unfortunately, this is what we have to do.

But, regarding the flying performances or characteristics of the DCS:World and the DCS WWII versions, will there be any difference? Or is it just the environment in which they fly ?

But, regarding the flying performances or characteristics of the DCS:World and the DCS WWII versions, will there be any difference? Or is it just the environment in which they fly ?

They are (will be) in every way identical. It's only the theatre that will be different...