is black shark 1 OK ?

m1tp2king

hi. i really don't want to download black shark 2 at this time because my PC hardware is old.

i play black shark 1. will my experience with black shark 1 be good ?

i really love reading the manual and learning stuff about this simulation.

is there anything really terrible about black shark 1 that would make my gaming experience awfull ?

any bugs that will get on my nerves ?

any other info would be great. thanks.

It is very good sim. You will have fun, and in terms of accuracy, the gap between both versions is not that important. You'll be able to jump into BS2 right away when/if you get it. The only real downside, IMO, is that you'll miss the multiplayer aspect, which is really something.

On a sidenote, double check your specs for both versions. Since BS1 is not updated anymore, it is possible that in fact you may be able to run BS2 just as well on low settings.

Why don't you download the latest DCS World and see how it runs on low settings? If you get acceptable frame rate then go for Black shark 2. It just seems silly to go for BS1 when you'll no doubt upgrade eventually. What are your current specs?

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

You have 2 things better in BS1:

1- radio Maykop

2- ability to land on moving trains..

Both scrubbed for 2

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

it is possible that in fact you may be able to run BS2 just as well on low settings.
Possible but unlikely. On all the computers I have tried, BS1 has much better performance and lower requirements than DCS World. That said, the reduction in performance is balanced by improvements in the quality of certain things and continued dev support. If your computer can handle DCS World, then i do recommend BS2, otherwise BS1 should be sufficient if you just want to do single player with the Shark.

Also, last time I checked, the trimmer in BS1 was easier to use than BS2.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i play black shark 1. will my experience with black shark 1 be good ?

I'm sure you'll find an answer to that in a 3-page thread that was started by... yourself.

This one seems very much related as well. Just like... this one.

I'm not sure what you expect, but if you really think your question hasn't been answered yet, do you think posing the same question again and again will yield better results? :spam_laser:

You have 2 things better in BS1:

1- radio Maykop

2- ability to land on moving trains..

Both scrubbed for 2

I'm pretty sure Radio Mayak is not available in the latest BS1 release. AFAIK it worked up until 1.0.1c, but the latest and recommended patch is 1.0.2. Besides, it was Radio Mayak, located in Maykop (not "Radio Maykop").

Good point regarding moving trains, though, and I'd like to add the ability to (more or less) land on moving vehicles like buses. :)

Edited by Yurgon
Spam Smiley fits better than "D'oh" :)

There is that one bug where attempting to land in a field makes you suddenly explode, occasionally. That's no longer around in DCS World.
Oh yeah, I remember the first time I tried landing in a field, I was kind of nervous, so I set down gently as a feather.

The next thing I knew every alarm was going off and the sky was down.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]