Flight control system for helicopters, New helicopter product line

So I need everyone on here and all your Friends to help share this then Email....

I wrote a letter asking Thrust master to make a new Helicopter Joystick Based on a current HOTAS Warthog Joystick. If they receive enough emails they will make a new product line that will include cyclic, pedals and collective that you can mount to what you want.

If everyone here could copy and paste or write your own reason why they need to make a new Helicopter product the Sim world would greatly appreciate it.

Dear Thrust master,

I would like to rally for a new Helicopter product line.

We the fans would like to see the creation of a New Thrust master product that would allow all Helicopter enthusiasts to truly enjoy helicopter flight simulation!

Please create a product that would be based off HOTAS Warthog Joystick for helicopters

Cyclic

Collective with twisting throttle grip

Pedals

Allow us to mount it how we want!

All made to the quality for your HOTAS Warthog product line

Sincerely,

Helicopter Fans

Then go here fill out and Send, make sure you click corporate

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/contact [thrustmaster.com]

LET’S MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

PROOF THIS IS REAL! No I do not work For Thrust master!

Regarding your request,

Thank you for your interest in Thrust master products.

We have forwarded your suggestion to our R&D department.

Depending on how many users contact us with the same suggestion (a flight control system for helicopters), we will analyze the possibility of developing such a product.

In case you have other questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us back.

Thrust master Technical Support is at your disposal for any other information you may need. You can reach us online at the following addresses:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng for the latest updates and FAQs

or by telephone at one of the numbers listed on the following page: http://ts.Thrustmast....php?pg=contact [ts.thrustmast....php]

kFYqU.jpg

Edited by 458STEEL

Yes, I bet, they won't ignore thousands of potential customers...

But to me this would only make sense if it were a FFB device. So, do we get at least a few hundred enthusiasts together that are willing to spend ~1K USD on our new toy? :o)

I did my duty and emailed them!

My message:

Hi there,

I recon that it has started a 'campaign' of helicopter simulator pc gamers that need a really good heli joystick.

You can count one vote for me!

I would really sugest as a Reall Life helicopter Navy Pilot that if a new joystick is decided to be build, it MUST have Force Feedback. Not for various effects (shaking, taking damage or anything like that, would be nice if it had those) but mainly because the position of the helicopter's cyclic has to change it's neutral position depending on the speed of the heli. This can only be done by Force feedback motors that sense the speed and position themselves. It's a feture that real helis have since WWII and if a joystick want to be taken seriously by heli simmers must have this feature too.

Thanks a lot

Edited by sondo214

Interesting initiative.

But as discussed colleagues in helicopters, a system that does not return to the center is needed.

FFB can be (ideally) or simply by friction.

The good news is that this proposal already exists ...

KomodoSims material:

https://www.facebook.com/KomodoSimulations

Greetings!

"If adventure is dangerous, try the routine. It is deadly."

Paulo Coelho.

Interesting initiative.

But as discussed colleagues in helicopters, a system that does not return to the center is needed.

FFB can be (ideally) or simply by friction.

The good news is that this proposal already exists ...

KomodoSims material:

https://www.facebook.com/KomodoSimulations

Greetings!

komodoSimulations cyclic and collective are well over a 1000$. It's off my budjet... I hope for something less expensive from TH! Maybe both at half price?

komodoSimulations cyclic and collective are well over a 1000$. It's off my budjet... I hope for something less expensive from TH! Maybe both at half price?

Right. :megalol:

Did they put this in writing?

If they receive enough emails they will make a new product line. For a cyclic pedals and collective that you can mount to what you want.

...and do they realize the price point that you want?

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Why would I make this up!

Here is the Ref: # if you want to call Thrust master yourself.

I'm just the messenger I did not think Thrust master would ever write me back.

But they did! So now I'm just helping the Helicopter Sim community!

We all would benefit from it.

I do know if they get a few thousand gamer's pushing we will get something made!

Something is better than nothing right now most of the Helicopter controls out there or way to overpriced. I can think of better ways of spending 3k and PVC pipe siting in my office is just not doing it for me. I would be happy If it was a modular upgrade to the existing HOTAS Warthog Joystick so I can fly Jets or Helicopters So you get the best of both worlds.

I think if Thrust master, Really goes over the R&D.

They should be able to make something work!

It will only happen If all of us work together and post this to all of our Friends

I'm just asking for everyone's help!

CUSTOMER SERVICE ANSWER

Reference: [450532-1399220657]

Dear Mr.

Regarding your request.

Thank you for your interest in Thrustmaster products.

We have forwarded your suggestion to our R&D department.

Depending on how many users contact us with the same suggestion (a flight control system for helicopters), we will analyze the possibility of developing such a product.

In case you have other questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us back.

Thrustmaster Technical Support is at your disposal for any other information you may need. You can reach us online at the following addresses:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng for the latest updates and FAQs

or by telephone at one of the numbers listed on the following page: http://ts.Thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=contact

Kind regards,

Your Thrustmaster Customer Support Agent, Alex

PS: To ensure the most efficient follow-up of your query, please be sure to include the reference number [450532-1399220657] of your file in the subject line of any emails you may send us later on.

Edited by 458STEEL

Even so, Dont expect any type of Rotary Wing FCS/HOCAS within the next 2 years even if they do decide to take it on,

Seeing as they have no pre-existing hardware of this type, they'd have to:

Research,

Test,

Build mock ups,

Test multiple designs,

Settle on one design,

Begin limited production run for testing,

Marketing,

More testing,

Settle on Price/features,

Begin mass production,

Ship to retailers/e-tailers.

They can start planning "Thrustmaster Cobra" today, and you prolly wouldnt see it until Q4 2015 or well into 2016.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Even so,...

Please also consider that TM has not even seen a need to produce aviation pedals to go with the Warthog, after 3 1/2 years. That alone provides a clear indicator of their interest in flight simming.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

True only time will tell. One can only hope they have been holding out on us!

They are busy making $400 Steering wheels for Xbox One, and $200 Addon Components (Pedals, Shifters, Wheel Rims).

I'm Still waiting for the Warthog Throttle to be sold separately.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

They are busy making $400 Steering wheels for Xbox One, and $200 Addon Components (Pedals, Shifters, Wheel Rims).

This.

I beleive that we have nothing to lose if each of us devotes 3min to send an e-mail expressing your interest in a heli joystick. If they make 10 years to built, or costs 5000$ then we don't buy...

We have to lose nothing, we do not preorder anything, we just express our need. If they meet it we buy, if they don't they keep it...

So simple I beleive...

If TM where to make a new joystick suitable for helicopters, while keeping a decent budget. I'd much rather have them make a modern MSFFB2, a simple stick, but with solid and durable FF mechanics. As opposed to a fancy stick like the Warthog, but with crappy, or no FF. Since it is so much easier to change the handle on the MSFFB2 to something more sophisticated if your heart so desires, than to add FF to the WH.

If there's enough animo, why not set up a kickstarter campaign, perhaps even with Thrustmaster. That way, they are sure of an income and might be able to pitch in with design.. Just throwing this idea in here...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

If there's enough animo, why not set up a kickstarter campaign, perhaps even with Thrustmaster. That way, they are sure of an income and might be able to pitch in with design.. Just throwing this idea in here...

:megalol: