Things are Pretty Quiet

Cobra847

It's almost summer and my gaming rig is getting respite. Autum release is soon enough.

Nonsense. It's too warm to be outside.

Running intercepts in the MiG-21 is a much better use of ones' time than basking in the glow of that damned orb.

How is the work on that video progressing that was mentioned some days ago?

It's going. Each of us are putting in 16-18 hour shifts on getting everything ready. Bouncing around from todo to todo.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the leatherneck-sim.com website it says that the plane will come with "6 liveries from different countries and eras.". Which countries and eras would those be? Maybe a Finnish livery eh? eh?! =D

AMD FX-6300

8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP DDR3 RAM

SAPPHIRE HD 7790 DUAL-X O/C 1GB DDR5

2TB SEAGATE HDD

WIN7 ULTIMATE X64

On the leatherneck-sim.com website it says that the plane will come with "6 liveries from different countries and eras.". Which countries and eras would those be? Maybe a Finnish livery eh? eh?! =D

It might actually be more on release.

Our livery artist has done a great job so far (We have over 6 done at the moment).

We're aiming for 15-20 in total (official ones).

Yep, FiAF was the 2nd one to be done. :)

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Our livery artist has done a great job so far (We have over 6 done at the moment).

Superb!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Wow! 15-20?! That's great news! especially that last bit. :thumbup:

AMD FX-6300

8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LP DDR3 RAM

SAPPHIRE HD 7790 DUAL-X O/C 1GB DDR5

2TB SEAGATE HDD

WIN7 ULTIMATE X64

Running intercepts in the MiG-21 is a much better use of ones' time than basking in the glow of that damned orb.

THE ORB IS HERE! QUICKLY - TO THE MAN CAVE!!!

Really can't wait to get my hands on that big handsome hunk of a MiG.

Out of interest, will it work with the Oculus Rift now that it is being supported by DCS?

THE ORB IS HERE! QUICKLY - TO THE MAN CAVE!!!

Really can't wait to get my hands on that big handsome hunk of a MiG.

Out of interest, will it work with the Oculus Rift now that it is being supported by DCS?

Well it is either sitting in the swimming pool under the flaming Orb or sitting in here waiting for the Mig21 .... Darn I wish my laptop was waterproof :joystick:

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

I just want to say I've been supporting your team and the MiG-21 since it was a mod for FC 1.12. I just hope when it's released it is the best product that can be delivered. Do what you guys do so I can throw money at you and fly this sweet plane.

My Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64bit/ i7 6770K 4.5Ghz/32GB DDR4/ GTX 1070 SC/Samsung SSD

Warthog Stick/TWCS Throttle/TrackIR 5

As someone who has been a un-ashamed cheerleader for this project since it was first announced, I can't help but ask, is everything still on track? Does the team feel confident that they will meet the May/June release window?

I don't ask because I want a exact release date, I only ask because software development is always a fluid thing and stuff can happen that the end-users may not be aware of that can potentially delay or even accelerate a project.

Now, to get a bit more specific, would there be a possibility of just a few quick screens of the current product as it stands right now? I mean, we have seen screens but they are usually a few versions back from the one you are working on now, I am curious to see what things look like at the moment.

Please note however, I am not talking about a big, official release of screenshots, just some quick shots taken during testing or whatever, the same as has been done up to now but on a more current version.

Hopefully this won't come off as demands, I just figured it was worth asking either way.

It's going. Each of us are putting in 16-18 hour shifts on getting everything ready. Bouncing around from todo to todo.

Whoa! You guys need to relax! That can't possibly be sustainable for many days without killing someone. Plus creative people can't do good work unless relaxed and not overly stressed. I don't like this assumption here that counting rivets and going bonkers from overtime is fine. I vote for a calmly and professionally done piece of work. Just don't overestimate (preferably don't estimate at all) and don't overstate the amount of work that has been done and you'll be aces in my book

And thanks for sticking with the project :thumbup:

Looking forward to the day the exchange of my money made by doing overtime on software for your masterpiece happens !

Edited by cz_jc

Whoa! You guys need to relax! That can't possibly be sustainable for many days without killing someone. Plus creative people can't do good work unless relaxed and not overly stressed. I don't like this assumption here that counting rivets and going bonkers from overtime is fine. I vote for a calmly and professionally done piece of work. Just don't overestimate (preferably don't estimate at all) and don't overstate the amount of work that has been done and you'll be aces in my book

And thanks for sticking with the project :thumbup:

Looking forward to the day the exchange of my money made by doing overtime on software for your masterpiece happens !

We've all been on a 2 day break since the Duxford build was sent off. :)

Has been a very welcome change of pace and a chance to recharge the batteries.

Now begins the final stretch. We'll have a nice big juicy motion-picture update for you gents tomorrow.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

We've all been on a 2 day break since the Duxford build was sent off. :)

Has been a very welcome change of pace and a chance to recharge the batteries.

Now begins the final stretch. We'll have a nice big juicy motion-picture update for you gents tomorrow.

aa35dbd2_cant.gif

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

We'll have a nice big juicy motion-picture update for you gents tomorrow.

WOW great news, I'm so exited...

Bye, Skull.