Su-27 for DCS World

Kenan

Let's see if you'll be singing that tune still when the F-15 PFM is fixed. You might find yourself surprised at just how much of a run for a money an F-15 will give a Su-27. They both have their favorite maneuvering regimes, and neither of them is good in all regimes. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:)Of course, Su-35 would be the holy grail of it all, with thrust-to-weight ratio higher than F-15, and maneuverability of Su-27 + vector thrust. Man...:)

Su-35 would be awesome, as would an F-22. I know the 22 is still highly classified (and thus very challenging, or impossible, to build to DCS level)...any idea if the Su-35 is the same way?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

@Ace: Yes, you can forget about a hi-fi Su-35 simulation as things are now.

@WoAyumi: I imagine Su-27 will be PFM, I could be wrong. F-15C uses PFM, but it's not finished.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

How about the Su-35/MiG-35 simulated at FC3 level? I'm not asking for DCS clickable cockpit and ASM, just what we have ATM in FC3. Or is there not enough info?

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Nothing is always better that something that is not good.

Ok I'm not sure I follow you....

By your logic then, all the FC3 planes are bad? Of course they would be better at DCS level, but you can't disagree that having the MiG-29, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Su-25 at Simplified System Modelling is better than having none of these planes to fly at all?

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Compare A-10A, and F-15C modules with the Flaming Cliffs 2 Simulator.

That's what I'm trying to say. The current F-15C, Su-25 and A-10A FC3 planes have full AFM. If they made a 5th gen fighter with thrust vectoring and full AFM, then I wouldn't be too bothered about being able to press all the buttons or not. It would be epic either way.

I would even exchange a fully-clickable Su-27 module for a non-clickable Su-35 with PFM, to be honest.

As much as I love the Su-27, I have to agree.

Ok I'm not sure I follow you....

By your logic then, all the FC3 planes are bad? Of course they would be better at DCS level, but you can't disagree that having the MiG-29, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Su-25 at Simplified System Modelling is better than having none of these planes to fly at all?

For me I've never flown any jet other than the F-15 in FC3 because when I got it, the F-15 had already been updated to it's PFM and flying the other jets "on rails" at a lower fidelity just seems pointless to me, personally. Obviously I'd prefer that it have a clickable cockpit too, but at least the F-15 flight model is PFM (albeit still a WIP). Once the Su-27 AFM/PFM is released, I will check it out too...I'll likely never try any of the others (unless they too are upgraded). If the Su-35 was released with with a lower level flight model, despite my love for the jet, I probably wouldn't bother getting it...but I am sure there are plenty of people that would.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I never once mentioned I wanted a lower level flight model, just lower level systems model. I'm just dreaming though, I know 5th gen planes cannot be simulated on the civilian market for a long time.

I am pretty sure you meant the Simple Flight Model which is not interesting to play nowadays, but whatever... I agree with your last statement 100%. That would totally be nice to have Su-35 AFM\PFM with a non-clickable cockpit. I would even exchange a fully-clickable Su-27 module for a non-clickable Su-35 with PFM, to be honest.

It would be pointless for such a thing, advantage of su-35 is in its avonics which you would be unable to make much use of with a simple systems unless one cares about simply carrying more powerful weapons rather than aircraft quality.

Anyone know if they will be modelling the FCS AoA and G limiter override with the implementation of the PFM ?

Is it PFM or AFM that we get in the Flanker? I can totally understand the amount of dev time in that case, PFM is leaps and bounds ahead of AFM.

Is it PFM or AFM that we get in the Flanker? I can totally understand the amount of dev time in that case, PFM is leaps and bounds ahead of AFM.

PFM..... but don't for a moment think AFM is inferior... the Su-25, su-25T and A-10a have AFM.... it is still way better than the SFM...but the differences between AFM, AF;+ and PFM are subtle. I would have never been able to guess that F-15 is PFM if we weren't notified per se. I think the PFM difference to AFM becomes more apparent with ASM.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

PFM..... but don't for a moment think AFM is inferior... the Su-25, su-25T and A-10a have AFM.... it is still way better than the SFM...but the differences between AFM, AF;+ and PFM are subtle. I would have never been able to guess that F-15 is PFM if we weren't notified per se. I think the PFM difference to AFM becomes more apparent with ASM.

Right, I guess the implementation of a FCS override would be apart of the ASM and in conjunction with a PFM/AFM

Right, I guess the implementation of a FCS override would be apart of the ASM and in conjunction with a PFM/AFM

Most likely... but considering U may have to disable the AOA limiter IRL (AFAIK) to do a cobra and the fact that you can realistically perform the cobra in the PFM flanker (old update from ED on Facebook), it may be likely that the AOA limiter is somehow implemented in the upcoming FC level flanker.

Hey... they did go to great lengths to simulate engine conditions, afterburner in F-15, so maybe the flanker is also getting such TLC.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Most likely... but considering U may have to disable the AOA limiter IRL (AFAIK) to do a cobra and the fact that you can realistically perform the cobra in the PFM flanker (old update from ED on Facebook), it may be likely that the AOA limiter is somehow implemented in the upcoming FC level flanker.

Hey... they did go to great lengths to simulate engine conditions, afterburner in F-15, so maybe the flanker is also getting such TLC.

Guess we have to wait an see, but it certainly would be a treat if they modelled those particular systems to its entirety.

AFAIK... i remember hearing about it in a documentary.

Yes, it has a switch to disable or enable the COC AoA and G limiter. See the little square in the pic.

If the SAS system on the DCS F-15C can be turned on and off i guess we could make the same in the future Su-27AFM.

More difficult could be to code the Proportional Control Unit on the bigger square.

repxqxF.jpg

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4