Su-27 for DCS World

Kenan

Don't worry

Just a jealous hopped up F15 dude.

Jealous? Of what? Significantly higher induced drag and an average 80% higher wing loading? If I wanted to fly a brick, I'd strap on a slatted Phantom. At least then I'd have someone along for the ride that I could complain about how bad life sucked to.

If he had any brainpower he would fly Russian because the workload is higher.

Survival is based on working smarter, not harder. And my brainpower is spent analyzing and memorizing EMs and relative performance, rather than bad ergonomics and system limitations. While I'm executing tactics with proficiency, you're stuck needing to remember to hack a stopwatch to calculate missile fly-out.

All that supposed brainpower post-Soviet drivers have sure look pretty splashed across the landscape like a wet stain...

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm executing tactics with proficiency, you're stuck needing to remember to hack a stopwatch to calculate missile fly-out.

You have to hack a stopwatch not me.

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

You have to hack a stopwatch not me.

counting is hard.

And isnt the actual Su-27 hud suppose to show you an estimated time to intercept.

Can't wait for the 27 AFM, its going to be beautiful to fly, i bet.

Edited by karambiatos

counting is hard.

And isnt the actual Su-27 hud suppose to show you an estimated time to intercept.

Can't wait for the 27 AFM, its going to be beautiful to fly, i bet.

:lol:

I really hope so too. I'm pretty sure once it comes out I'll stop flying the 29 for a while.

Can't keep away from my R77 addiction for too long though.

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

It will be part of a patch. Both F-15 and Su27 will get free AFM/PFM upgrades for FC3 owners. The rest (Mig29 and Su33) may be a purchase (when and if they are made...).

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Looking forward to the AFM for the Flanker.

Are there flight manuals for our Su-27(S?) available or does anyone have charts for turnrate and so on?

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

After you release su-27 PFM, i want clickable cockpit. Make it happen.

Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake@stock

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Maximus X FORMULA Z370 BIOS 1401

NZXT Kraken x62

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB (OS)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB (Games)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt

Cooler Master HAF X

HOTAS Warthog | VKB MCG Pro GunFighter Mk. II | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5

Heatware

honestly with everything they have going on right now, 3 modules, edge and nevada....flanker aFm might take more time. I hate the delay as well because I can personally care less about the sabre, mig 15 and dora.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Well, ED sure is not being silent on other fronts... I fear the Su-27 PFM might miss 1.3.0. Hope I am wrong...:helpsmilie:

i hope they'll release it mid summer.

maybe f-15 will be out of beta when 1.3.0 released.

and one beta ends,other beta starts:)

Which means you'll be pulling the handles all day from catching ordnance.

When the laws of physics actually get to catch up to the Flanker at combat weight, the level of complaining is going to be *awesome*...

Can you elaborate on this? Does the current Flanker flight model not simulate ordinance drag properly?

Can you elaborate on this? Does the current Flanker flight model not simulate ordinance drag properly?

Energy loss in maneuvering on the Su-27 as of right now is not anywhere commiserate with the charts, or the real world. It's not simply ordnance drag, but of the entire airframe, and the wing loading versus applied thrust. Not only is weight a matter of delayed acceleration, but increased energy loss.

The reason this isn't a problem for the SFM is that these factors aren't working in combination. Throw the PFM at it, and you're going to have an airplane that won't fight like people expect it to, based on what they've seen from low-weight, zero ordnance demonstrations.

Folks are going to find out why airshows take place with two thousand pounds in the tank.

• Like 1

Energy loss in maneuvering on the Su-27 as of right now is not anywhere commiserate with the charts, or the real world. It's not simply ordnance drag, but of the entire airframe, and the wing loading versus applied thrust. Not only is weight a matter of delayed acceleration, but increased energy loss.

The reason this isn't a problem for the SFM is that these factors aren't working in combination. Throw the PFM at it, and you're going to have an airplane that won't fight like people expect it to, based on what they've seen from low-weight, zero ordnance demonstrations.

Folks are going to find out why airshows take place with two thousand pounds in the tank.

Well to be fair the old Su-35 demonstrated some pretty impressive maneuverability even with a weapons load. Videos below. Also, I don't think they would have as little as 2000 lbs of fuel in there, considering how much AB usage during an airshow routine. But of course it wouldn't be at full fuel (which, incidentally, is how much the F-22 carries in its airshows).

(loaded Su-30 demo)

Also, from an old article.

Many wrongly believe that the Su-27+ cannot perform all maneovres in combat load. To counter such talk designer Mikhail Simonov, at the 1994 Farnborough airshow, sanctioned a Su-30MK to perform the airshow routine with ordnance on all 12 pylons - a total of 7000 kg!! It did a complete fighter-like routine with this asymmetric load - including a tail slide!!.

Mikhail Simonov was stung by press criticism that this machine was appearing at airshows doing tail slides and Cobras without any underwing stores. So it was promptly fitted with a representative warload consisting of (from port wingtip) - AA-11, AA-11, AA-10, Kh-31P, 6 x OFAB-100-120 bombs on a MER fitted to the port lower intake, KAB-500KR on centreline pylon, Kh-29T on lower Stbd intake, Kh-59M, RVV-AE, AA-11, AA-11 and still did its full show routine!

Also consider thrse interviews by Mikhail Simonov, who was largely responsible for the Flanker design.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sponsored/rbth/6453948/Russia-Now-Interview-with-Mikhail-Simonov-the-inventor-of-the-Sukhoi-jet-fighters.html

http://vayu-sena.tripod.com/interview-simonov1.html

(for the record, I don't believe Simonov's claims about the F-15's climb method)

Edited by BronzeBuddha