Op Joint Warrior

FLANKERATOR

;2105074']Huge thanks to everyone who took part last night.... what a battle!

A very very well earned victory by the 51st, you guys were awesome!

In the end our team (team2) lost by 5 points, a considerable achievement given our opponents and us being outnumbered air to air.

Both sides held each other at bay for 1 and half HOURS before any aircraft got shot down.... a true testament to the quality of air to air pilots taking part!

The Battle was all about attrition, tactics and fuel management both sides did incredibly well to defend their HVTs with only ONE ground unit being lost at either Target Area.

Both sides were immediately punished as soon as they took any risks, I think this again just shows the quality of the people we had taking part last night... anyone who left their HVT CAP or pushed in too far to the enemy HVT was killed.

And after an hour and half of back and forth battling without any loses both teams started to push the envelope a little and people started getting shot down.

Blue had some key issues with rearming bugs and parachute failures that put our Strikers out of action which put us on the back foot at the end of the mission and meant we were unable to strike at Gudauta when our chance finally arrived after some hard CAP work!

But in the end ultimately, the 51st were too much for us!

What a return to MP competition for these guys..... I know they won't mind me saying but the 51st has recently been going through a bit of a quiet period with regards to their Squadron activity.....

To come back bursting out the gates after some down time and to win the 1st event is an achievement not to be overlooked.... well done guys.... you nailed it!

Great for the 51st Squadron, great for the future of DCS MP Competition.

See you all at the next one, plans are already under way for it!

S!

My ACMI is available here - http://www.mediafire.com/download/7865xt6q7n1qkhb/104th_Maverick_OJW_Final.acmi

The respect from our end is just as high, this was not a clear cut decision and could have gone either way. I escaped death at least twice.

The Air to Air duel was pretty equal, like you said in TS the only difference was that we shot a unit (Tor) and you guys didn't. That bagged us 80 points (making the final score 175-230) for being a HVT and made the difference so much that we took a big risk near the end by throwing our 25T into the fray to greedily grab some more, this was a bit silly and more an attempt at point scoring than being an organised unit. It proved to be a mistake but we knew ultimately it wouldn't affect the outcome unless you blitzed our units. Shaman had a great flight and should have been able to take it home, I take the blame for making that call.

Without the Tor and Shamans loss it would have been 150-150 a fair reflection on the Air to Air battle.

That being said I think we managed to keep a permanent CAP over our units while there was a down time on your side, I remember seeing you guys backing off and knew this was looking like the window to make our strike. I made the call and thankfully Shaman was ready on hand to get in there.

There was just one MiG hanging around the target area and he seemed low on everything, I was able to push him back to allow Shaman to push in, unfortunately his KH-58 was shot down, 'should have fired 2 or got closer Shaman' we whined. I was low on fuel but thankfully Soviet had arrived to support us with a full load. He was able to keep the MiG held back while Shaman took another shot this time from closer in, he basically won the round for us. '####### good job Shaman'.

While this was a great experience with plenty of nervous moments there was a lot of in flight planning going on to keep a CAP and everyone stocked. But because of the lack of numbers we both got spread out too much with bits of the flights always in transit, this made the BVR very uncoordinated at times. Other than X-man losing connection 3 times (his end) at pretty inopportune moments and the odd other disconnect, it was very stable. Hopefully we can get this sort of stability with more numbers in the future.

Reflecting on what you've said with regards to our activity, yes we have had some very quiet moments for the past year or so now and training is nowhere near the level it was, we use to train daily at one stage but now we're lucky to do it once a fortnight. But that shouldn't be taking anything away from what happened the other day, the 104th, Falcon and Gaanalma matched us and this has probably been one of the toughest, certainly longest duels we've had since RvE. With the guys you have now in 104th you've become one of the most feared A2A squads in DCS.

It's probably down to the mission objectives rather than being a straight up A2A fight but it's a refreshing change to see such a patient approach, most of the squads that we come across now are very aggressive and it's easy to get over run, we've had to learn to deal with this approach to help us keep our undefeated record of 27-0 A2A matches. I hate blowing our trumpet but I fear that won't stand forever and that doesn't include our undefeated record from 504th days. Being defensive keeps a strong unit but it can be hard to master whilst holding ground, you guys looked pretty solid. Any mistakes were punished immediately on both ends.

Thanks to all.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imminent Results

Gents,

I went through all 3 ACMIs. Official result, scoring and list of prize winners will be published tomorrow and sent to the sponsor as well.

A quick heads up scoring-wise about shooting down AI air units while there is no or limited human opposition left:

• Team gets 100% of the target's value in all cases and regardless.
  • Pilot gets same % as remaining opposition (enemy fighters) with a minimum of 10% - ex: 10% of target value if 10% of enemy fighters left, 60% for 60% and so on...)

Once again, thanks to all who participated in this maiden round of Joint Warrior PvP battle series.

We are planning to host more of this, and round 2 is already being discussed within the team.

Edited by FLANKERATOR

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

I would have to agree with Frostie. Personally based on DCS instability and all the bugs and flaws with the current sim, we have had close to 0 trainings in the last 1 year as a squad. We had just 1 match vs UVAF a few months ago, also without prior trainings at all... I suppose it has become so stale, that only Su-27 AFM and Mig-21 release would get us back to flying at this point.

In fact before this event we had a total of 0 training flights in the last 2 months or so. I never flew at all, and my HOTAS has been gathering dust.... lol So this was probably, in terms of discipline and overall cohesiveness about 25% of what 51st is accustomed to display in such events.

We won purely on residual training and experience over the years as everyone was very rusty. But it was a fun event nevertheless, thoroughly enjoyed, and a breath of fresh air in an otherwise non-existent DCS MP environment atm.

Congrats to all! and thanx to 104th and Flankerator, SA and Simpit for making it happen

Edited by Breakshot

Breakshot_Sig_2.jpg

Tim "Breakshot" Mytrofanov | C.O. of 51 ПВО / 100 КИАП Regiments | twitch.tv/51breakshot

Woha, next battle countdown - 3 week. :bounce:

I`m in! :)

=238.lbae=Falcon, Su27 and 2 or 3 ET`s :D

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Congrats to X-Man and to all others!

Complaint:

I`m not killed or hit by any tor in first battle. I was routinely landed at Batumi when we finished battle. Maverick can confirm that.

See Attachment pls.

S!

th_824290282_tor_122_221lo.jpg

tor.jpg.e967fccf5d841911ad557171f514b729.jpg

Edited by Falcon_S

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Complaint:

I`m not killed or hit by any tor in first battle. I was routinely landed at Batumi when we finished battle. Maverick can confirm that.

See Attachment pls.

Maybe a tacview error cause it shows that you were shot down at 13:53 of the tacview file.

Thanks for the results Flanker!

Not so important for the match points but mostly about individuals : 373vFS_Spanker has a SA-15 kill at 12:35 of the first match.

Looking forward for the next event .We would like more slots as many of our squadmates would like to participate.

See you soon. :thumbup:

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

Congrats to X-Man and to all others!

Complaint:

I exchanged few PM's with Falcon. This appears to be a Track/tacview generated error. He will send me his cockpit tape for verification, then will amend results accordingly.

Maybe a tacview error cause it shows that you were shot down at 13:53 of the tacview file.

Thanks for the results Flanker!

Not so important for the match points but mostly about individuals : 373vFS_Spanker has a SA-15 kill at 12:35 of the first match.

You're welcome and thanks for the good call mate, it seems I missed that early strike from Spanker. It's fixed now and he's made it into the A2G rankings :)

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

I exchanged few PM's with Falcon. This appears to be a Track/tacview generated error. He will send me his cockpit tape for verification, then will amend results accordingly.

Just a quick question, If there are Track/tacview errors which are unseen, how can you rely on it for accurate statistics?

I'm asking because we are thinking of joining these events, thanks :)

I don`t have it, deleted with others. :(

So, that fictional kill by tor can stay as official result.

Edited by Falcon_S

how can you rely on it for accurate statistics?

In an ideal world it would all work perfectly, however this is one of the reasons we have a Force Commander on each side... a Captain if you will.

The Captain of each side knows what happened and how each pilot got killed etc... any errors in the Tacview are picked up by the teams Captain and rectified!

S!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

I don`t have it, deleted with others. :(

So, that fictional kill by tor can stay as official result.

;2112968']I can confirm Falcon made it down on the ground safely in round 1' date=' he did [b']not [/b]get killed by a Tor.

Track can be provided if required!

Thanks for confirming Mav.

I know Falcon (flew with/against him since early days of Lock On) and I have no doubt about that.

Though, as a 'referee', I will have to stick to the rule that says: if any discrepancy/claim, the track MUST be provided.

Mav, I'd appreciate if you can send me your track to: staff@sa-sim.com.

Thanks guys.

Just a quick question, If there are Track/tacview errors which are unseen, how can you rely on it for accurate statistics?

I'm asking because we are thinking of joining these events, thanks smile.gif

As Mav said, these are very rare cases, most likely due to fast-forwarding the track afterwards. Thankfully, there has always been great fair-play from everyone so it's easy to deal with such rather rare occurrences.

Gents,

I've got Mav's tape, ran it, generated an ACMI file and I can confirm the following:

• Falcon did NOT get shot down by a Tor and made it safe at the end of Round 1.
  • Slowhand (A-10C) also did NOT get shot down by a Tor, he got actually hit but managed to survive and went back to land safely.

For total transparency, here is the ACMI: http://www.2shared.com/file/HkdSELZw/Tacview-20140710-155407txt.html

Note: I ran Mav's tape at twice or max 3 times normal speed only, took a while, but at least, results were more reliable. Our assumption was right in the sense of running a Track file too fast would likely generate some unreliable events. So lesson learned for next event ;)

Will amend results asap and thanks guys for reporting those glitches and Mav for the Track file.

Thanks, Mav :thumbup::megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Prize winners for JW1!

As mentioned initially, JW1 was sponsored by Simpit Technologies through providing a prize-pool for the top 3 pilots in both A2A and A2G.

I will ask pilots on the list below who would like to claim their prize to kindly PM me the following so I can forward it to my contact at Simpit - Also a reminder that shipping is not included (prize will be sent from New Zealand and you'll be informed on the shipping fee once confirmed by Simpit)

• Full Name
  • Pilot Callsign used in JW1
  • Full Address including city and country
  • PO Box number

Air-to-Air:

1. <51>X-man scored 190 event points converted into 2000 SA points and is the happy winner of ONE FREE 1,3m x 5,4m Trident HD 3 projection screen (prize value USD 1,365.00)
  2. 104th_Spade scored 125 event points converted into 1313 SA points and is the happy winner of a 50% discount voucher on the same Trident HD 3 projection screen as above (prize value USD 683)
  3. <51>Breakshot scored 100 event points converted into 750 SA points and is the happy winner of a 25% discount voucher on the same Trident HD 3 projection screen as above (prize value USD 342)

Air-to-Ground:

1. =DW=Omny scored 320 event points converted into 750 SA points and is the happy winner of a 50% discount voucher on the same Trident HD 3 projection screen as above (prize value USD 683)
  2. <51>Shaman scored 55 event points converted into 750 SA points and is the happy winner of a 25% discount voucher on the same Trident HD 3 projection screen as above (prize value USD 342)
  3. TurboRUSH scored 55 event points converted into 750 SA points and is the happy winner of a 25% discount voucher on the same Trident HD 3 projection screen as above (prize value USD 342).

Congratulations to the winners!

Note: Check out the list below and let me know if you'd like to pick a different Trident version. All prizes for JW1 were based on version 3, so I will ask Simpit if it would be possible to use your prize value to order a different version (Example: if you won 50% off on Trident 3, then this could be converted into almost a free Trident 1. NOT CONFIRMED YET with Simpit!)

• Trident HD 1 screen (1920x1080 for ~110º FoV) - needs 1 projector - USD 696.00
  • Trident HD 2 screen (3840 x 1080 for ~180º FoV) - needs 2 projectors - USD 1,090.00
  • Trident HD 3 screen (5760x1080 for ~270º FoV) - needs 3 projectors - USD 1,365.00
  • Trident HD 4 screen (7680x1080 for 360º Fov) - needs 4 projectors - USD 1,718.00

screen_prize.jpg